Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins thinks he is going win The Champions League :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Never forget when the Albion were champions of league 1 and Adkins, the unsporting twat, refused to let his team applaud us onto the pitch because the "wrong team" won the title...what a penarse.

They were promoted because they play some great soccerball but him...I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is this tedious obsession with Southampton going to take over from the tedious obsession with Palace, I wonder? They're just another football club - not even in our division this season - who, like us, have done very well over the last two years; we shaded it in 2010 - 11, they did better than us last year. Their manager is ambitious to do well in the Prem - so what?

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Too bloody right. Forget the quote about 'keeping up'. He's achieved back-to-back promotions, and went up as champions. It shows ambition; he may never achieve, but guess what, if you never try to succeed, you never will.

Saying that, I will have a chuckle if they get relegated...

Who went up as champions

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Whether you like him or not he has done a great job for the Saints and has ambition to continue further which should be the way for all managers in all walks of life. My feelings are they will finish just under Stoke this coming season which they should be happy with. Lets hope we are following in their footsteps. UTA

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I have zero animosity towards either SCC or Adkins. I wish them both well in the Prem and good luck to them; we will see them there next season. All this fake hatred is all a bit tedious now. It rather nice to see a South Coast side in the Prem, we havnt had it for a while and i am bored of the northern / London dominance of it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Is this tedious obsession wit Southampton going to take over from the tedious obsession with Palace, I wonder? They're just another football club - not even in our division this season - who, like us, have done very well over the last two years; we shaded it in 2010 - 11, they did better than us last year. Their manager is ambitious to do well in the Prem - so what?

Tedious obsession with Palace? Are you sure you are an Albion supporter?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Yes I am an Albion fan - and was for twenty years before the S*n engineered this tedious rivalry over a spot of handbags between Mullery and Venables.

Fair enough. I don't define how much I love the Albion by how much I dislike Palace. I am of the opinion though that without the "tedious" rivalry between us it would be much less fun.

Isn't sport more rewarding when you have a healthy rivalry with another team? It's all a bit sterile otherwise IMO. Even when we got turned over by them at the Amex I wouldn't have it any other way. Makes it all the sweeter when we do them next term.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Yes I am an Albion fan - and was for twenty years before the S*n engineered this tedious rivalry over a spot of handbags between Mullery and Venables.

I recall a dislike between us and palace before Mullery and the pound note.
We already had a rivalry and our nickname was influenced by those scumbag Eagles.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Go to admit, he's not the easiest guy to like.

However some of the things I have heard him say and some of his ideas have made me think he is a very perceptive and forward thinking manager.

We could do with this from an Englishman because there's not a lot of talent around. Look at who we've got as England manager for example!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
30,000+? Far more then Fulham and Wigan, and about the same as Stoke and West Brom. All established Premier League clubs.

Yes but Stoke and West Brom could be said to be "waiting their turn" to go down. Would be a suprise if Arsenal or Liverpool went down but not those 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here