Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins at it again

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Others may disagree with me, but I don't mind Southampton. Adkins is a different story though. He is an arrogant son of a bitch (although on this occasion he hasn't really said much wrong) But I do think that any manager worth his corn, would be able to do as good a job as he does, with the money available at Saints.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
The mini 'rivalry' that emerged last season was nothing more than that. It was temporary as we were both after the same goal, the title. We won. That is as far as it goes with me.

This season, i'm not surprised to see Southampton up top where they are. I don't even mind Adkins much, he's pretty irrelevant to us now, but you can't fault the job he's doing.

Good luck to SSC I say, its got to be good for south coast football to have Southampton and Brighton on the up while Poopey sink out of sight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The ones that came on here, I don't frequent your boards
You're not missing much. Their board is SHITHOUSE compared to ours. It falls apart on a match day, has a 3 post limit unless you pay an annual subscription, and it is split into too many different forums to be interesting.

Shit site.

The mini 'rivalry' that emerged last season was nothing more than that. It was temporary as we were both after the same goal, the title. We won. That is as far as it goes with me.

This season, i'm not surprised to see Southampton up top where they are. I don't even mind Adkins much, he's pretty irrelevant to us now, but you can't fault the job he's doing.

Good luck to SSC I say, its got to be good for south coast football to have Southampton and Brighton on the up while Poopey sink out of sight.
Oh, and THIS.

BrightonSaint

Oct 21, 2011
Others may disagree with me, but I don't mind Southampton. Adkins is a different story though. He is an arrogant son of a bitch (although on this occasion he hasn't really said much wrong) But I do think that any manager worth his corn, would be able to do as good a job as he does, with the money available at Saints.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember Brighton splashing the cash recently, perhaps more than Adkins has.. Either way, we're both doing well, much more than anyone expected. We've probably have players more suited to this league than Brighton at the moment and Poyet will no doubt be in the market come the next transfer wondow..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He has a point although he is setting himself up. He'll be okay as long as Lallana stays fit.Don't care what their fans say, SCC are not the same team without him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I may be wrong but I seem to remember Brighton splashing the cash recently, perhaps more than Adkins has.. Either way, we're both doing well, much more than anyone expected. We've probably have players more suited to this league than Brighton at the moment and Poyet will no doubt be in the market come the next transfer wondow..

Is the correct answer.

BrightonSaint

Oct 21, 2011
He has a point although he is setting himself up. He'll be okay as long as Lallana stays fit.Don't care what their fans say, SCC are not the same team without him.
Also the correct answer, but we can still win (just) without him as Tuesday night proved.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Long time no see.
Thought i'd just make a couple of points - if you actually listen to the interview rather then just reading it, you'll discover that Adkins NEVER says that we are teams cup finals this season.
Also, r.e. not being the same team without Lallana - you're right. He's an incredible player, and we're not as good without him. However we got 4 points in the last two games - Derby away and West Ham at home - without him.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can't really argue with what Adkins has said this time, he's earnt the right to show off a bit (wouldn't we all if we were in his shoes at the moment?), at least he has something to brag about this time around - maybe a lesson learnt from the "keep up" from last season so fair play for that as he could have said something with much more arrogance but chose not to.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Can't really argue with what Adkins has said this time, he's earnt the right to show off a bit (wouldn't we all if we were in his shoes at the moment?), at least he has something to brag about this time around - maybe a lesson learnt from the "keep up" from last season do fair play for that as he could have said something with much more arrogance but chose not to.

See you lot are still taking that out of context. Shame.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
What am I "still taking out of context"?

He clearly wasn't referring to you keeping up with us in the table - he's not blind, he knew you were above us - he meant if you could keep up with our form throughout the rest of the season. Which you did. The form of both our teams was outstanding, especially after january.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He clearly wasn't referring to you keeping up with us in the table - he's not blind, he knew you were above us - he meant if you could keep up with our form throughout the rest of the season. Which you did. The form of both our teams was outstanding, especially after january.
We know what he meant, but that's not how it came across. When Adkins was asked whether he thought it would be Saints and Brighton fighting it out for the title at the end of the season he started his answer by saying: “Well, if they can keep with us, maybe.”

Which sounded arrogant given that you were 5 points behind us at the time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I just can't stand the way he talks around in circles and like a motivational speaker. It does my head in, no problem with Sains but Adkins really winds me up. But then I expect Poyet winds a lot of other teams fans up as well.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

*yawn* this has been done to death and beyond mate, more like you're trying to reignite a long dead argument IMO and for a change I'm not about to bite but I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for elsewhere :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here