Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins at it again

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh look. Another 4 pages of Saints talk on NSC. Clearly we are the team to catch, were top. Who else is there to catch above that?? Its hardly an offensive statement, certainly not as offensive as your oilbag manager likening us to Dag & red and whinging when we have some game replayed at the wrong time apparently, even though we didnt want it moved in the first place.

Watch us on the tellybox tomorrow and see why anyone would think were the team to catch.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
Don`t worry the physio is still watching Pardews boys scoring for fun.If you still don`t beleive me look at how well Newcastle are doing, still unbeaten i think,that`s no coincidence.Aidkins could not manage a sweet shop.:D

Seriously? You actually really believe that do you? Even after Hypo has pointed out your obvious errors? Wow. Not many others on here seem to believe that. Love him or hate him, he's a bloody good manager.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Seriously? You actually really believe that do you? Even after Hypo has pointed out your obvious errors? Wow. Not many others on here seem to believe that. Love him or hate him, he's a bloody good manager.

he's a bloody good manager
Unfortunately for you he is not,you idiots sacked a bloody good manager for reasons that had nothing to do with football.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
he's a bloody good manager
Unfortunately for you he is not,you idiots sacked a bloody good manager for reasons that had nothing to do with football.

What are you banging on about? Pardew did a decent job. Adkins is doing a much, much better job. There is no way we would be where we are with Pardew in charge - a lot of the away games in his season in charge showed that.

Honestly mate, you need to take a leaf out of most of your fellow BHA fans book.....you may not like him, but it's a stupid man that can't admit, albeit grudgingly, when someone's doing a great job. I guess there's nobody so blind as those that don't want to see.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn't suggest that you weren't praising Adkins did I? I asked how you knew Cork was on £24k a week, pointed out the maths in comparison to CMS, and told you to stop being a knob about the Nazi gold.

So the friend at Burnley has heard it from Cork's mouth I assume? Not saying he hasn't, just asking...

I live in Manchester, work with a Burnley STH who is a regular in the director's lounge. They really rate Cork and as you no doubt know you have an excellent player.

According to my colleague, who spoke to one of the board, Burnley offered him £12k a week which he was minded to take until you blew the offer out of the water by doubling it. He could be BS'ing me, but can't see why he would do it.

As for the Nazi Gold, it's banter. We live in a post Diana world where people take offence far too easily. Having said that I suspect Cortese didn't make his fortune selling Toblerone or cuckoo clocks on a street corner. We're all hypocrites as football fans, remember what Joe Strummer sang? "if Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway".

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
I live in Manchester, work with a Burnley STH who is a regular in the director's lounge. They really rate Cork and as you no doubt know you have an excellent player.

According to my colleague, who spoke to one of the board, Burnley offered him £12k a week which he was minded to take until you blew the offer out of the water by doubling it. He could be BS'ing me, but can't see why he would do it.

As for the Nazi Gold, it's banter. We live in a post Diana world where people take offence far too easily. Having said that I suspect Cortese didn't make his fortune selling Toblerone or cuckoo clocks on a street corner. We're all hypocrites as football fans, remember what Joe Strummer sang? "if Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway".

Cortese is a banker. Liebherr is the man who died and whose trust fund is still available for the saints.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus

OK, so it's not going well here for you, is it:

- Cork. It turns out that it's word of mouth, not from Cork's mouth. You haven't heard it from him, just something that someone in the Burnley directors box has told a Burnley ST holder. Let's say that 'someone' it was a director....I guess they'd be wanting to come up with a reason that wouldn't enrage the Burnley following, right? 'Hey, he's been offered double, what Burnley fan would expect us to match that?' I don't doubt your mates credentials, but let's not pretend that directors don't lie.

- Cortese's money? Really?

- Nazi gold. Banter's great....but just don't try to sound like a Skate. It's a really, really bad idea

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
What are you banging on about? Pardew did a decent job. Adkins is doing a much, much better job. There is no way we would be where we are with Pardew in charge - a lot of the away games in his season in charge showed that.

Honestly mate, you need to take a leaf out of most of your fellow BHA fans book.....you may not like him, but it's a stupid man that can't admit, albeit grudgingly, when someone's doing a great job. I guess there's nobody so blind as those that don't want to see.

Why did you dick heads sack Pardew, and where is he now.Snapped up by a premiership team , thats where he is.What a fcuking mistake, your football club is a joke .

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Why did you dick heads sack Pardew, and where is he now.Snapped up by a premiership team , thats where he is.What a fcuking mistake, your football club is a joke .

Erm well not really. We have improved under Adkins so it hasn't been a mistake at all. We sacked Adkins because of a poor pre season and because he wasn't flexible enough to work under the new setup we had. Also he was approached for the Newcastle job before he was sacked as he is friends with Ashley. Not sure why you think it was a mistake as it has worked out for both parties and good luck to Pardew.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus

Better for everyone to think you're an idiot than to write drivel like this and confirm it:facepalm:

Such a mistake for us that we've been promoted, are 5 points clear in the Championship, won 17 straight home games and generally broken club record after club record.

Looking forward to your next remedial comment but won't be responding because you're embarrassing yourself.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't think he's that arrogant, although the 'if they can keep up' comment got what it deserved last year, very funny.

I just think he's BORING.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
This thread is embarrassing for both sides. Maybe time to end it?

My points:

Adkins is a bloody good manager and has added to the squad that Pardew started to assemble. He has made Pardew's players better.

Cork, I don't think anyone here can say what he's on. All we know is that Lallana and Lambert are teh two top earners. Also Burnley didn't offer cork a contract as we were the only side to have put a bid in for cork. (Cortese got exclusivity on the deal, can't remember how)

God this is tedious.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I can't see the scummers top come April, they won't keep this great run up, and if Fatty & Llallanalla get crocked they will struggle

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought Pardew was sacked because he was porkin' one of the player's wives and he "lost the dressing room" as they say?! Anyway, Adkins inherited a pretty good side from the philanderer and, fair dues, he's built on that solid foundation to good effect. Problem is, he's still a twat!!

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Better for everyone to think you're an idiot than to write drivel like this and confirm it:facepalm:

Such a mistake for us that we've been promoted, are 5 points clear in the Championship, won 17 straight home games and generally broken club record after club record.

Looking forward to your next remedial comment but won't be responding because you're embarrassing yourself.

It will probably involve some angry little insult being banded about with no sign of any sort of argument based on fact

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
I thought Pardew was sacked because he was porkin' one of the player's wives and he "lost the dressing room" as they say?! Anyway, Adkins inherited a pretty good side from the philanderer and, fair dues, he's built on that solid foundation to good effect. Problem is, he's still a twat!!

I also heard that from a bloke who seemed to be pretty much in the know when down that way on non league business just after it happened. Still, it seems to have worked out for the best. I've no doubts Pardew could have got that Southampton team promoted, but with him in charge I am not convinced they would be five points clear already

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
OK, I'll spell it out. Adkins didn't say anything about Saints being everyones Cup Final this season. He said we're there to be shot at. The text in the article in noway represents what he said in the video. Watch the video and listen to what he says.:facepalm:

Can't watch video and hear sound at work. So just read article. Naughty BBC. Totally misquoted. Blimey, auntie gets dimmed down every day. Very poor journalism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here