Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adie Boothroyd

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
So, a couple of people are claiming to be in the know that Boothroyd is on his way brighton before new year.
Can anyone pour any light on these rumours?
I would say get him in asap and give him January to rebuild.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
He's going around the world to learn other sports, and he's going to Oz first to learn Aussie Rules.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He is a manager currently out of work, we have one who appears to have lost the backing of his players and the fans, it is obvious that the headline writers will start to put ink on paper:

Can former Hornet put the sting back into Brighton?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Once he sold Marlon King he had Watford on worse form than we are at the moment...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ive heard rumblings about this too, but Boothroyd is a (more than Adams) long ball merchant that relied on Darius Henderson, so I dont know how much I would welcome the appointment.

But he is new, he is fresh, and he may adapt to new surroundings well instead of relying on past glories, in that respect, I would welcome him with open arms.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm not too sure what to make of this. I think we need to stop changing our managers - which we do too often. However, I do also think that Adams needs to vastly improve, and I wouldn't give him any longer than until the end of Feb at the very latest.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think he'd do a good job, he transformed Watford in his first couple of seasons.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He is a manager currently out of work, we have one who appears to have lost the backing of his players and the fans, it is obvious that the headline writers will start to put ink on paper:

Can former Hornet put the sting back into Brighton?

More like:

Boothroyd Washed-Up On South Coast

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
hahahahahahahahahahaha! If there was any truth to this.... Micky would have already resigned. Don't you think people keep a eye on NSC?

We will be the last to know and that's the way it should be.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
MA is the best man for the job.

If he were to walk away because of the sickening abuse he's getting from so called BHAFC supporters I'd like to see Steve Wigley or Brian Little with Guy Butters given the Assistant job.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But his long ball tactics actually work.

Hmmmmm...not sure about that...

They worked half of his tenure at Watford, the other half they were terrible. Admittedly a year of that was in the Prem, but still.

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
Before this rumour is completedly dismissed lets not forget the bold way inwhich Knight replaced Wilkins with Adams before before Wilkins even knew he was losing his job.

Now obviously paying Adams off is an issue but i get the impression that the new investors in the club carry a fair bit of weight and will not tolerate uner-acheivement for long.

It is perfectly plausible that Knight is looking at potential alternatives (and perhaps even had an informal chat with them). Thats not to say Adams will certainly be off but as with any under-performing organisation the board will pre-emptively look for solutions before it becomes too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here