Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Additional signing(s)?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Powerful Centre midfielder as Crofts and Hammond are not the answer alongside Bridcutt.

I think Hammond has started to do very well in there, and Crofts is more than adequate cover for that role.

If we keep CMS and the new striker signs we do not need any other signings in my opinion.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Played nearly all his career in the Premier League and played over 20 times or England. I suppose you think Wayne Bridge is shit?

No, I think Matthew Upson is shit, he was good at Birmingham about 10 yrs ago. Other then that hes been shit, scores alot of OGs, slower then Guy Butters, injured alot, shit. Not what we need.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I think Hammond has started to do very well in there, and Crofts is more than adequate cover for that role.

If we keep CMS and the new striker signs we do not need any other signings in my opinion.

Hammond is a strange one, he looks good a lot of the time but I do find myself getting frustrated with him when he turns the long way around again instead of playing a quick simple ball forwards. Has also been caught in possession/lost control in dangerous places too often recently.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure that it's a question of looking for any particular position - we have a good team and a good squad. However, if we want to get to where we'd all like to be, ultimately we'll need a better team and a better squad, so essentially it's a case of if a player becomes available and affordable, in any position, that's who we should get in.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Upson is not great these days tbh. As others said 10 years ago yes, 5 years ago maybe. Wouldn't be optimistic but there we go.

Craig Dawson would be perfect for me but then I have got him 3 champ managers in a row I think (I know I know but mainly because I rated him when seen live as have WBA mates).

Marc Bartra was always the immense Spanish Barca B defender past few years but think he's had playing time early this season due to injuries so expect a loan would be out :(

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Upson is not great these days tbh. As others said 10 years ago yes, 5 years ago maybe. Wouldn't be optimistic but there we go.

Craig Dawson would be perfect for me but then I have got him 3 champ managers in a row I think (I know I know but mainly because I rated him when seen live as have WBA mates).

Marc Bartra was always the immense Spanish Barca B defender past few years but think he's had playing time early this season due to injuries so expect a loan would be out :(

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Before anyone else comes in i can see a few more being shipped out.

Would like to see a couple of our fringe players loaned out for experience (Agdestien, and March) and possibly a few others sold/released (Painter and Ankergren) to free up wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here