Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adding to the atmosphere at Falmer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
She isn't being helpfull:facepalm: I know my seat and as i've already said if you bother to read my post properly.I would ask if i needed assistance.
Don't try and be clever.

"Can i see you ticket please" every bloody week:tantrum:

I am trying to work out whether you are merely a messageboard troll, or you really are just one huge great big spinning, fizzing ball of stress and anger...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Then please stop posting generalising all stewards think and act the same.

Look, no one's saying you're a prick. Just Hebberd and enough others to ruin the match day experience for many fans. This thread isn't about stewards but atmosphere - but currently there's a real fear Falmer's will just be a continuation of Withdeans, which is shit, a large slice of the blame for that can be laid at some of the paramilitaries that turn up for a spot of afternoon bullying. It's been proven time and time again that Brighton's stewards, or at least those who matter are in terms of bringing about change, need sacking. So here's a thought, you could resign in protest / bring about change from within if you and others agree with the fans? But until we're allowed an Anfield style atmosphere (and I think Liverpool's governed by the same legislation) then we'll continue to lobby against the Withdean-Falmer Stasi. If a few innocents like you get caught up in the cross-fire then that's collatoral as far as I'm concerned so you'd better choose sides fast. As someone else has already said, your line of argument was used by the Nazis!! :clap2: Viva the Albion Supporters Revolution!!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Then please stop posting generalising all stewards think and act the same.

Pot and Kettle. Stewards, at least those with power which doesn't include you, make withdean a misery so once they stop generalising that we're all hooligans in the making we'll stop generalising that you're all a bunch of tossers with no better to do on saturdays other than harass the very fans who keep you in employment.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
edit: and it doesn't reduce the capacity at all, albeit we're only talking about 12,000 capacity to begin with.
It could be the same here. Although the club have said that unreserved seating will result in the capacity of that section being reduced by 5-10% that isn't actually a legal requirement - it's merely a recommendation by the FLA. (I've just got it off their website - page 76 of a 231 page document!) This is to aid stewarding as inevitably (they say) empty seats will be scattered throughout the section and if all tickets have been sold it will make it harder for everybody to be shown to a seat.

They do stress that it's down to 'local circumstances' as to how much the capacity should be reduced and the 5-10% is merely a guidline.

I wonder what would happen if the club said 'Actually we're confident we won't get any problems so we're not going to reduce the capacity at all"

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Pot and Kettle. Stewards, at least those with power which doesn't include you, make withdean a misery so once they stop generalising that we're all hooligans in the making we'll stop generalising that you're all a bunch of tossers with no better to do on saturdays other than harass the very fans who keep you in employment.

SPOT ON sir. tip-top post.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
When we score could the Haywards Heath Town Band march from one end to the other playing GOSBTS.I know they'd get a bit puffed out given the number of goals we'll surely score,but it would be brilliant.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
What options are there? I can think of drums and bands...none are desirable to me though. I also wonder why we need to bother forcing an atmosphere. I mean, if the crowd want one then they'll create one...if they dont then they wont. The crowd/supporters have direct control and choice over this.

*presses the 'like very much' button*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Best answer i've read on here was un reserved seating areas so you can seat where you like and with whom you want.Millwall do it.Simple idea and it works.
No doubt it won't happen at Falmer though.

1000000000000000000000000000000% agree

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
There will be NO retiring in the West stand matey - that's the sort of Prawn sarnie Withdean feeling - You gotta cheer em on in Family and West!!!

Agreed Sheebs. Wherever I sit I'll be getting up and giving it full throttle. Have been for nearly 30 years and aint gonna stop now. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here