Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adding to the atmosphere at Falmer

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Everyone staying until the end of the game and showing some respect to a) fans still watching the game and b) the players and manager. Don't get me started.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
3 serious suggestions:

1. stewards turning blind eye towards what is deemed fun by the vast majority of sensible law-abiding citizens
Stewards only act on their supervisors orders. Who act on the safety officers orders.

Why YET AGAIN do you go straight for people just following orders?

Go straight to the source which are the people who set the ground regulations!!!

Otherwise stop slagging people off who are just doing a job and following orders (remember some of the stewards agree with you but keep quiet to keep their job!!) Some of us just need that money to survive!!!!!!

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Best answer i've read on here was un reserved seating areas so you can seat where you like and with whom you want.Millwall do it.Simple idea and it works.
No doubt it won't happen at Falmer though.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Sticking firmly to all the health and safety laws and regulations..with lots of help from stewards with no love for the game of football.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
3 serious suggestions:

1. stewards turning blind eye towards what is deemed fun by the vast majority of sensible law-abiding citizens
Stewards only act on their supervisors orders. Who act on the safety officers orders.

Why YET AGAIN do you go straight for people just following orders?

Go straight to the source which are the people who set the ground regulations!!!

Otherwise stop slagging people off who are just doing a job and following orders (remember some of the stewards agree with you but keep quiet to keep their job!!) Some of us just need that money to survive!!!!!!
it's a known fact our stewards look for trouble.They seem to get some sort of kick out of it.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
How can anyone be a proper Brighton fan and do Stewarding is beyond me.

I don't care if you get a free season ticket as a perk.I would rather stay at home then hassle fellow fans and make there enjoyment unpleasant.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
How can anyone be a proper Brighton fan and do Stewarding is beyond me.

I don't care if you get a free season ticket as a perk.I would rather stay at home then hassle fellow fans and make there enjoyment unpleasant.

Now once again how EXACTLY!!!! have I hassled you and made your game unpleasant?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
NOTHING. DO NOTHING

No gimmicks, no drums, no music, no performers.

Let people enjoy themselves, turn a blind eye to standing, don't throw peolpe out or threaten them for minor infringments to the 'rules'

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Now once again how EXACTLY!!!! have I hassled you and made your game unpleasant?

I've never met you and i'm not pointing the finger at you directly.

I have sat in H block briefly before and witnessed the stewarding levels there and never again.
I now sit in the north and yet every week a woman steward insists on looking at my season ticket card as i make my way to my seat.She has done this every home game so far.FFS i know where my seat is.If i wanted help i would ask.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Best answer i've read on here was un reserved seating areas so you can seat where you like and with whom you want.Millwall do it.Simple idea and it works.
No doubt it won't happen at Falmer though.

Works even for UEFA qualifying games at stadiums over here, Richmond Park and Dalymount Park you get a block letter on your ticket and nothing more, sit where you like/can within the block. Also ensures people get to the ground earlier for big games or else they'll be scattered around the block.

edit: and it doesn't reduce the capacity at all, albeit we're only talking about 12,000 capacity to begin with.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've never met you and i'm not pointing the finger at you directly.

I have sat in H block briefly before and witnessed the stewarding levels there and never again.
I now sit in the north and yet every week a woman steward insists on looking at my season ticket card as i make my way to my seat.She has done this every home game so far.FFS i know where my seat is.If i wanted help i would ask.

Yeah, you should say something to the friendly, helpful BITCH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here