Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Add any two Championship players into the Brighton team, who would they be?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ideally... Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Parr, Zaha, Ambrose, Jedinak, Garvan, Murray and Scannell.

Hooray! A team that actually WINS games!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I wasn't impressed with Nolan at all the other night, I thought his lack of movement was dreadful, and only covered by a very good positional sense. I thought I'd be much more impressed with him than I was.

In the blink of an eye, I would take:
Lambert and George Boyd.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thinking about this logically we need more physicality, better defenders (ideally a left back) and a new box to box midfielder. Therefore:

Sol Bamba: Big, strong, quick, wins headers, scores from corners all the time AND he can play defensive midfield if needs be. If we bought him alone we would be further up the table.

Kevin Nolan: Scores goals, is a wanker, but has all the experience and know how we are missing. Only draw back is he might be a bit confused by our style of play having spent most of his career watching the ball fly over his head in Allardyce's teams.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nolan doesn't do anything, he does nothing in midfield, he's too slow. All he's good at is finding space and positioning.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I wasn't impressed with Nolan at all the other night, I thought his lack of movement was dreadful, and only covered by a very good positional sense. I thought I'd be much more impressed with him than I was.

In the blink of an eye, I would take:
Lambert and George Boyd.

Not having a pop at your opinion but you clearly contradict yourself in the same sentence. Nolan doesn't need to have much movement because his Premiership experience allows him the ability to read the game much better and to be where he needed to be. I bet if you saw Opta stats of the game he would have covered an average amount of ground yet performed key duties brilliantly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Glenn Murray and Kevin Nolan, but only if he promises to stop doing that stupid chicken celebration.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not having a pop at your opinion but you clearly contradict yourself in the same sentence. Nolan doesn't need to have much movement because his Premiership experience allows him the ability to read the game much better and to be where he needed to be. I bet if you saw Opta stats of the game he would have covered an average amount of ground yet performed key duties brilliantly.

Not a contradiction at all. I believe he gets away with it because of his positional sense, but don't believe he has the "engine" anymore, that I have always associated with the player. Yeah, it's a bit 6 / half-a-dozen as he may not have shown that side of his game in that one game, because he didn't need to, but I just felt he didn't cover teh ground that I expected him to do.

Stats may prove me completely wrong, I wasn't focussed on him all night, but drawing this back to the thread subject, he is a player who I was underwhelmed by, rather than watching and thinking "wow, what a player", which is what I generally think when seeing Boyd, albeit, rarely for a whole 90 minutes when he plays against us. :grin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here