Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Add any two Championship players into the Brighton team, who would they be?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
So everyone agrees, there's a need for a different type of centre forward?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
That's what Vicente is there for. Especially as Poyet's looking at playing him behind Mackail-Smith. Still think there needs to be another player in the middle as well though. Let's be honest, to a man, the squad isn't as good as some of the other Championship sides, so there will be times when they'll be under pressure and the lines just have to be cleared and the centre forward there to hold the ball up.

Plus an extra bit of height in at set pieces.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I don't think this would be so much of a problem if we had more creativity in midfield.

Which we will get once Buckley and Vicente get fully fit, stay fit and get a run in the side.

Rather than the obvious Lambert/Nolan/Lallana/McCormack/Boyd/Bamba suggestions, I'll go for Herita Ilunga for a bit of pace and tenacity at left-back and for that something a bit different up front, Nikola Zigic. Superb in the Spanish league but disappointing for Birmingham, maybe playing for Gus could see him find form and become the ideal foil for CMS going forward.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Should they b ecome available in January, (which they almost certainly won't) ... a hard man to beef up midfield, and score a few goals, Kevin Nolan, and we also lack a strong target-man type centre forward, someone capable of holding on to the ball, a-la Glenn Murray last season, maybe Ricky Lambert or Jermaiine Beckford at Leicester, who l'm convinced will start hitting the net regularly again soon.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Peltier? Admit it, you wanted Clyne but couldn't bring yourself to include two Palace players :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Peltier? Admit it, you wanted Clyne but couldn't bring yourself to include two Palace players :)

Murray. I was a Withdean regular, and he was class. At the Easter 2011 fans day, there were masses trying to get his autograph; far more than anyone else. Recognising his class. Gutting he went, and to you lot.

Left back is a massive weakness for us. Peltier in games versus us, was faultless.

I understand your jibe, but I can't remember your LB.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Surprised no-one has mentioned Jonathan Williams of Palace. I thought he was the best player on the pitch when we played them, and he's only 12. Well, 17. But he'll probably end up in Tottenham reserves. Nolan is a Premier League player who is intelligent enough to adapt his game to varying circumstances. Bullard is a great player but his ego is a problem in every dressing room he has inhabited.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Surprised no-one has mentioned Jonathan Williams of Palace. I thought he was the best player on the pitch when we played them, and he's only 12. Well, 17. But he'll probably end up in Tottenham reserves. Nolan is a Premier League player who is intelligent enough to adapt his game to varying circumstances. Bullard is a great player but his ego is a problem in every dressing room he has inhabited.

I think hes gone a bit under the radar as Zaha, Clyne and Scannel etc seem to be getting the plaudits but certainly according to the Palce fans I have spoken to they really rate Williams as the best of the bunch. Has a big future apparently and hopefully he chooses to play for England instead of Wales.

Im really suprised no one other than me has mentioned Sonko. Hes almost single handedly turned Ipswich's season around, their only recent defeat against Palace came when he didnt play. I would say he is exactly what we need at the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here