Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam's tackle on bale

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Errr, the 'tackle' is still nasty. Little bit strange that he's up and about I grant you but that doesn't take away from the fact that what Adam did was bang out of order.

But there are bad tackles in every game of football - mis-timed/too high/lunging -in it's all part of football and in this instance I wonder if the tackle actually made that much contact or was it Bale diving and play-acting?

Adam is a shit footballer more suited to the lower leagues in his tackling. What has elevated him beyond his ability is a very good engine and an occassional accurate shot but he cannot tackle. In that he is a bit like Paul Scholes :lol:

What is clearly the case in retrospect is that no actual damage was done which kind of negates Bale's vehement criticism of Adam in the press. That as it is now clear was all about a tackle last season and not about this incident in which it seems that Bale deliberately cheated to get vengence for something that happened in the past. He wasn't hurt. He wasn't injured. His career wasn't threatened. But he did want to get a fellow pro sent off and when that failed he pursued it through the press without any actual justification on this occassion. That by definition is cheating and makes Gareth Bale Esq the ultimate low life in professional sport in my opinion.

Dandyman

In London village.
Nasty tackle and more dangerous than it looks.

Sounds right to me - very snide from Adams and Bale's reaction seems justified.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
LMFAO

Out for weeks? Career ending tackle?

Bale nets in Spurs triumph - Footymad

Now who is the cheat - Bale started the match for Spurs last night after leaving the ground on Saturday on crutches and scored a second half goal.

Now who is the coward and the cheat trying to wreck a fellow pro's career claiming a life threatening injury when there was never anything wrong with him ? :lol:

All hail the second coming of Lazarus!

:bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Something in this thread has brought out the dickhead in some of the usually more sane posters.

And clearly a lack of manners in others, from whom I usually see so much better.

Just saying, we were all being told he'd be out for 3 weeks, and what was it in the end, 3 days? Just reminds me a bit of that Donny striker who was apparently going to be out for several months after Dunks challenge, and how Dunk should have been facing a similar ban, etc, etc. Only for it to turn out to be far less serious.

Bale cring wolf doesn't help his standing, or peoples belief in what he tells us. Maybe there is something more in this challenge than I'm seeing, but being called a "dickhead" doesn't change my opinion. I respect the opinion of Chappers, and yourself, just as I would expect you to respect mine, without resorting to name calling. Clearly by "sane" you actually mean "thinks the same as you." Well, on this one mate, I don't. That's the beauty of this game, we can all watch teh same thing, but see something different.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not watched the tackle at all or even read the rest of the thread but I know this already from the last 2 prem seasons.

Bale has turned into a right little DIVER and FAKER

and

Charlie Adam is SCOTTISH and has turned a LITTLE DIRTY.

I hope that clears things up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And clearly a lack of manners in others, from whom I usually see so much better.

Just saying, we were all being told he'd be out for 3 weeks, and what was it in the end, 3 days? Just reminds me a bit of that Donny striker who was apparently going to be out for several months after Dunks challenge, and how Dunk should have been facing a similar ban, etc, etc. Only for it to turn out to be far less serious.

Bale cring wolf doesn't help his standing, or peoples belief in what he tells us. Maybe there is something more in this challenge than I'm seeing, but being called a "dickhead" doesn't change my opinion. I respect the opinion of Chappers, and yourself, just as I would expect you to respect mine, without resorting to name calling. Clearly by "sane" you actually mean "thinks the same as you." Well, on this one mate, I don't. That's the beauty of this game, we can all watch teh same thing, but see something different.

How was he crying wolf ? You saw what you described as a "tackle". Well I am glad we never played against each other. A tackle is going for the ball - of course there are mistimings and accidents - that is football. But if a player goes out to do another player because the opponent was quicker - that is not a tackle. And if the recipient is not out of the game for three weeks it does not make the "tackle" any better. Nor make the recipient guilty of crying wolf.

Yea - and I know you are not a dickhead my ex-Withdean neighbour. Sorry about that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No worries, consider my toys back in my pram.

Maybe someone was crying wolf on his behalf then, but I'm referring to the 3 weeks that he was supposed to be out, when in fact he was good to go the very next time the team sheet is put up. He's not alone, plenty do it, but we see it more and more, when a player makes out they are seriously hurt, and then it turns out that they weren't hurt anything like as badly after all. Hmm, that always just strikes me as a nasty little tactic to try and make the tackle seem a lot more damaging than it really was.

I do feel we are going round on at least the second lap of this argument now, so in summary; I think it was a foul to stop him getting away rather than an attempt to "do him". There is history between these 2 and without that - as I posted earlier in reference to the GB vs Senegal game - and the claim of a 3 week injury, this incident would have not made a single paragraph, or sentance in a SSN update.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jesus there are some precious prawns on this thread. If you read some of the comments you would get the impression Adams launched himself at full pelt with both feet an knee height studs showing. It was a trip. Bale was past him and he went to trip him, deliberately, but still only at trip but unfortunately he trod on Bales foot. Bale is proving what a low pain threshold he actually has, or maybe he is just a fraud.

As for the Olympic fiasco, for once I agree with Blatter and that he should have a ban. He obviously wasn't badly injured and either the Team Drs are incompetent or Bale, either under his own volition or that of AVB or the Welsh FA exagerated on pain, to get out of the olympics. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest it was AVB or the Welsh FA as, let's be honest, he's got a cat in hells chance of winning anything with the Welsh team!!!!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Oh. I thought Bale had been tea-bagged by Adam... Deserves it the diving wimp.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
They deserve each other, Adam is not the brightest spark and bale is a complete wimp.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In other news, Bale has been wearing number 9 on the USA tour. Would he be the first player ever to wear number 3 for a few years before switching to 9? Or does nobody else care?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Malicious fouling is a huge bug bear of mine. Bale is clearly away from him and Adam decides to step down on to his ankle with no chance of getting the ball (bearing in mind Adam has already put him out for 3 months with ankle ligament damage during his career? And you really think Bale should just man up? Behave. What Adam has done there is not a tackle. This kind of shit should be stamped out for the good of the game. What if Vicente has away from somebody like that and was put out for a few weeks? Should he just man up?

It is a cynical tackle which should be stamped out with a red card and a ban..........but should bale go crying to the press about it. Shit happens in games, you deal with it you move on.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
In other news, Bale has been wearing number 9 on the USA tour. Would he be the first player ever to wear number 3 for a few years before switching to 9? Or does nobody else care?!

Didn't GalLas do that? Or did he take the 10 when moving...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here