Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam's tackle on bale

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That was not a fair tackle. He could not get the ball so he took the man - not with a trip, but with a tread on his foot and it looked like with additional downward pressure to make sure - almost a stamp. Adam needs to take a look at himself. Bale was right - it was a cowards challenge.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That's not a trip. A trip is usually just an ankle tap enough to knock a player over, that's all it takes when dribbling at pace as Bale was there. That's going in with intent, he's trying to get the back of Bale's ankle, probably aiming for a metartarsal or similar. Otherwise there is NO WAY he would need to go in like that with his boot facing open as he makes contact.

Fair assessment.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
[MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] - I was completely shocked and actually quite appalled with the standard of 'tackling' and the referee during that Senegal game. The amount of late tackles that went in and were unpunished with quite extraordinary.

Absolutely, and the reaction to the game was minimal in comparison to the fall-out from Adams tackle.

Maybe that is what makes me a little dismissive about Adams tackle, but I don't think so. Adam was done, the player gets away and Adam doesn't let him, he fouls him on the halfway line to prevent a dangerous break away. I do think we see that all the time, and the reason for this outcry is purely the history between these two. Even then, the "history" here is hardly Roy / Alfe.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No player can deal with that. Bale was passed him and Adam took him out - with intent to damage.

It's his reaction in the press that will make Bale a target for every hard man and snide-tackling defender in the Premier League - and there are plenty of them!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely, and the reaction to the game was minimal in comparison to the fall-out from Adams tackle.

Maybe that is what makes me a little dismissive about Adams tackle, but I don't think so. Adam was done, the player gets away and Adam doesn't let him, he fouls him on the halfway line to prevent a dangerous break away. I do think we see that all the time, and the reason for this outcry is purely the history between these two. Even then, the "history" here is hardly Roy / Alfe.

We do see it all the time, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean Bale should just take it on the chin. 'Tackling' like this needs to be stamped out immediately, especially in a friendly. Who 'tackles' like that in a f***ing friendly? Bale is now out for a few weeks of very important pre season all because of a unnecessary vindictive 'tackle' that happened in a friendly. Did mention friendly enough yet?

Anyway, it's a nasty challenge and Bale has every right to get his thoughts across on Charlie Adam and if this does mean Bale is targeted by schnide-tackling defenders then I hope referees and the FA stand up to them and give the punishments they deserve.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I am not sure about that. It may be that refs are more vigilant about Adam's "tackles".

You have more faith in players and referees than I have :lol:

Bale may not have liked the tackle but calling Adam a coward and claiming it was potentially career ending is way too far and displays a weakness that some will seek to expose. I see Chappers comment that Bale is "out for weeks" - is he? Or will it be like his miraculous recovery after missing out on the olympics? I know where my money is on that one :lol:

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Adam is an animal. He makes a nasty challenge every time I see him play and I've been saying for a while he was going to seriously injure somebody. Bale was right to come out and criticise him particularly as he has injured him before.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gareth Bale's the coward by crying out of the Olympics with an "injury." Ironic that now he's actually injured. No sympathy here.

Bale is a cry baby. Should be in the Olympics anyway the twat!

Team GB medical team assessed and released him.

not quite career threatening, but could be and totally unnecessary "tackle". which it isnt because he's clearly played for the player. and havent chosen to do so has come down across his heal. why on earth try such a challenge in a freindly in the first place, Adams just shows how out of his depth he is.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
makes a change for someone to actually trip him.
He usually goes over like a dying swan with no contact at all

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
makes a change for someone to actually trip him.
He usually goes over like a dying swan with no contact at all

You are calling that a trip!

To me that's deliberate intent to put someone out of the game for a while and possibly wreck a career. Anyone whose had torn ankle ligaments knows that its tough going being the same again after that.

The problem is there's history between them which makes that look far from an accident.

And the posters on this thread suggesting he should man up! How are you supposed to man up your ankle ligaments?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That's not a trip. A trip is usually just an ankle tap enough to knock a player over, that's all it takes when dribbling at pace as Bale was there. That's going in with intent, he's trying to get the back of Bale's ankle, probably aiming for a metartarsal or similar. Otherwise there is NO WAY he would need to go in like that with his boot facing open as he makes contact.
This, poor player he may be but that really doesn't look like an attempted trip to me.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

I think you may need to consult the medical diagrams matey, if you think metatarsals are at the back of the ankle ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Y I see Chappers comment that Bale is "out for weeks" - is he? Or will it be like his miraculous recovery after missing out on the olympics? I know where my money is on that one :lol:

LMFAO

Out for weeks? Career ending tackle?

Bale nets in Spurs triumph - Footymad

Now who is the cheat - Bale started the match for Spurs last night after leaving the ground on Saturday on crutches and scored a second half goal.

Now who is the coward and the cheat trying to wreck a fellow pro's career claiming a life threatening injury when there was never anything wrong with him ? :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Errr, the 'tackle' is still nasty. Little bit strange that he's up and about I grant you but that doesn't take away from the fact that what Adam did was bang out of order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here