Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam's tackle on bale

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Hope this doesn't fixture.
Have just watched a video of Charlie Adam's tackle on Bale which led to Bale calling him a 'coward'. Which then meant that Charlie Adam's agent says Bale is outrageous. Thought it was just a school yard falling out from reading it but having seen the youtube clip it seems to me that Adam was pretty out of order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRo-lx8LZQ

What do you guys think? Bearing in mind its only a friendly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Adam put in a similar challenge on him last season too I think I read somewhere, which is why Bale has reacted.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Adam put him out of action for 3 months with a similar tackle last season, I'd be pissed if I was Bale and he did it again in pre-season.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Just looks like a cynical trip that caught his ankle a bit to me. Not going in to hurt him.

I remember reading an interview with 'arry and when they asked him how he had managed to get the best from bale he said something along the lines of 'i told him to get up, stop being a wimp and get on with it'

Bale is already back training.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Gareth Bale's the coward by crying out of the Olympics with an "injury." Ironic that now he's actually injured. No sympathy here.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just looks like a cynical trip that caught his ankle a bit to me. Not going in to hurt him.

I remember reading an interview with 'arry and when they asked him how he had managed to get the best from bale he said something along the lines of 'i told him to get up, stop being a wimp and get on with it'

Bale is already back training.

no chance of getting the ball,deliberate trip .....wanker.

bale needs to grow a pair as well.

D

Deleted member 18477

Bale is a cry baby. Should be in the Olympics anyway the twat!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It was a foul, no more than that for me. It's a mans game, that includes physical contact, tackling, and with that comes fouls from time to time. If we wantit to become a non-contact sport, where the only "tackling" is when someone overuns the ball and someone else nips it away from them, then I'm off.

If we have tackliung, we also have fouls, no big deal. Man up and get on with the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anderton the second

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It was a foul, no more than that for me. It's a mans game, that includes physical contact, tackling, and with that comes fouls from time to time. If we wantit to become a non-contact sport, where the only "tackling" is when someone overuns the ball and someone else nips it away from them, then I'm off.

If we have tackliung, we also have fouls, no big deal. Man up and get on with the game.

Malicious fouling is a huge bug bear of mine. Bale is clearly away from him and Adam decides to step down on to his ankle with no chance of getting the ball (bearing in mind Adam has already put him out for 3 months with ankle ligament damage during his career? And you really think Bale should just man up? Behave. What Adam has done there is not a tackle. This kind of shit should be stamped out for the good of the game. What if Vicente has away from somebody like that and was put out for a few weeks? Should he just man up?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Adam is a poor midfielder who is using whatever tactic he can to help his team win. I don't agree with it, but it just shows how bad he is

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Malicious fouling is a huge bug bear of mine. Bale is clearly away from him and Adam decides to step down on to his ankle with no chance of getting the ball (bearing in mind Adam has already put him out for 3 months with ankle ligament damage during his career? And you really think Bale should just man up? Behave. What Adam has done there is not a tackle. This kind of shit should be stamped out for the good of the game. What if Vicente has away from somebody like that and was put out for a few weeks? Should he just man up?

I think we see far worse tackles all the time, and just get on with things. He mis-timed the tackle, it was a foul, no big deal.

I don't think he was out to injure him with that challenge, and if he was then he made a pretty feeble attempt at doing harm.

Did you see the "challenge" on Bellamy in the Senagal game the other night? I think that was given as a goal kick! Adams tackle in that game from an Englishman on a Senagalese player wouldn't have even been mentioned again. Far too much is being made because of the history between these two.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Poor tackle but it's a game of football - don't give a shit if it's a friendly or not you play the game. No more than a yellow card and if Bale thinks that is so bad he had better watch out this season because he probably won't be playing many games if he can't handle that.

Never intended or likely to be a "career ending tackle" - not by a mllion miles.
For me it is Bale who comes out of it badly.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's not a trip. A trip is usually just an ankle tap enough to knock a player over, that's all it takes when dribbling at pace as Bale was there. That's going in with intent, he's trying to get the back of Bale's ankle, probably aiming for a metartarsal or similar. Otherwise there is NO WAY he would need to go in like that with his boot facing open as he makes contact.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm actually AMAZED that people on this thread just think it's a poor tackle! How exactly is he going for the ball there? All he's trying to do is tread on his ankle which is f***ing dangerous in terms of injuring an opponent.

[MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] - I was completely shocked and actually quite appalled with the standard of 'tackling' and the referee during that Senegal game. The amount of late tackles that went in and were unpunished with quite extraordinary.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think he's targeting Bale I just think he's a really bad footballer that can't tackle.

Fair assessment of Charlie Adam :thumbs up:

I think a lot of players WILL target Gareth Bale now he has made it clear that he can't deal with it. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here