Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams sacked!!!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
The clueless performance at Luton was the final straw for me, this had to happen to try and save us from relagation, Adams showed absolutly no sign of doing this, now get a new man in with his own coaching team quickly so we can get shot of white and booker.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Well we won today at Millwall so maybe sacking Adams was the BEST move of this wretched season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, especially if it is Ince that is appointed, it sounds strange but I will find it hard to go and support Brighton as much as I have, after this.

Exactly my reaction on hearing of Adams re-appointment and Wilkins sacking, but somehow it's different when YOU are pissed off..which is quite laughable if you stop and think about it. Maybe you now have an understanding of how some of us felt about Adams returning, especially when it became obvious quite early on that he wasn't up to managing a League One club in the modern game.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Those two couldn't organise a prayer in a mosque let alone a football team, despite not having much faith in Dick at the moment he surely wouldn't EVER be stupid enough to let Dean White get anywhere near managing?... Even if these silly rumours were true.

You nob-end. They have a 100% record this evening and you wrote them off before they'd even had a chance. I await your "yes, but excuse" accordingly..........:salute:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Exactly my reaction on hearing of Adams re-appointment and Wilkins sacking, but somehow it's different when YOU are pissed off..which is quite laughable if you stop and think about it. Maybe you now have an understanding of how some of us felt about Adams returning, especially when it became obvious quite early on that he wasn't up to managing a League One club in the modern game.

What he said.

:clap:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

No the difference being Wilkins was given 2 years and Adams 6 months. There's nothing laughable about it. The reason I'm disapointed is because I wanted Adams to be given time to turn it around, if given the same length of time as Wilkins and didn't improve of course he has to go. It's just a shame he wasn't given that opportunity after getting all the new players in.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It does seem odd that Adams had just 4 games after the signings had come in I suppose...but to be honest I couldn't see things improving much, the way we just rolled over against Carlisle summed us up.

EfE, you seem upset Adams has gone - who do you want to replace him?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It does seem odd that Adams had just 4 games after the signings had come in I suppose...but to be honest I couldn't see things improving much, the way we just rolled over against Carlisle summed us up.

EfE, you seem upset Adams has gone - who do you want to replace him?

That was the point, new players ....same standard end performance. Tues was the last straw for me as we simply looked so poor....:(

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I notice as ever she has blamed the fans.

With any luck the recent events will mean she just gets bored with the Albion.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No the difference being Wilkins was given 2 years and Adams 6 months. There's nothing laughable about it. The reason I'm disapointed is because I wanted Adams to be given time to turn it around, if given the same length of time as Wilkins and didn't improve of course he has to go. It's just a shame he wasn't given that opportunity after getting all the new players in.

Are you for real? If that idiot Adams had that long we would be playing Eastboure Borough! The guy has failed everywhere since he walked from us last time.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

Spot on, at least Wilkins had the 2 years to make his mark. It’s a real shame that we got rid of a manager after 6 months in charge.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I don't understand this attitude from anyone. How can someone be against a manager when they are appointed (or even before they are appointed). It seems a ridiculous thing to do as you are writing off someone before they have started. I am sure you are really pleased to have been proved right about Adams but I would never moan about a manager when they start the job and will support whoever takes the job.

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
Adams has probably come close to doubling the wage bill and we've gone from the edge of the playoffs to top of the relegation zone. I honestly can't think of a player that has come in and done well. Biggest disappointment is Livermore but he's probably had about 2 games in central midfield which was supposed to be his position.

In any case I'm not sure that all of the new signings were down to Adams. I thought that Knight went to watch Davies and Mcnulty before they came in. So he's probably fine about someone else managing them.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand this attitude from anyone. How can someone be against a manager when they are appointed (or even before they are appointed). It seems a ridiculous thing to do as you are writing off someone before they have started. .

I didn't write him off, I just didn't want him back. I'll give you an example that I know you will understand...Danny Wilson becomes Albion manager, now I am pretty sure you wouldn't want him, but would it mean you want him to fail?

I was of the opinion that Micky Adams was not a modern manager in his style and thinking, and yes I'm pleased he's gone as he really did seem out of his depth the whole time he was here, out thought by most of the managers in this division, apart from a couple of games. He has left us with some decent players though and I hope the next manager can profit from that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

There was nothing to turn around though, Adams just needed to tweek and change the team over time whilst building on what he had. To dismantle and take the team into freefall, as he did, surely rang some alarm bells even with his most ardent fans? His cavalier dismantling of the team was pretty stupid imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here