Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams sacked!!!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not sure what else the board could do given the amount of stick Micky and the team has come in for by the fans. Essentially it is driven by the fans. Shame on us. We have sealed our own relegation.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
crazy decision.

Lets invite Wilkins back. When he refuses, we can then cancel his contract for non fulfillment of contractual obligations and save a few quid...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh dear.

More spectacular stuff from the Albion.

Looks like nobody lined up for the job,unless,now that Motherwell are out of the Homecoming Cup?.........................

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm absolutely disgusted at this decision. All we have done is circum to the short-term, no loyalty and fickleness of modern day football. Things weren't going well, well all know that, but I still think he should of been given longer, given the new players time to gel and stenghen the team. Well done to all those that wanted him sacked (starting as early as September!), you've got what you want. You'll be congratulating the new manager and soon enough you'll be moaning and eventually calling for him to be sacked too, it's not the manager we need to get rid of, it's idiot fans like this.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
why are White & Booker still here? the ENTIRE first team coaching needs a clear out, we need to start FRESH

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
This worries me. While i disagree, i don't want the same scenario we have had with the last two managers, ie the adams in people getting on the new mans back straight away.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
This worries me. While i disagree, i don't want the same scenario we have had with the last two managers, ie the adams in people getting on the new mans back straight away.

I can only speak for myself, but I personally wouldn't get on the new managers' back straight away, that's unfair. I am and will however be disapointed, especially if it is Ince that is appointed, it sounds strange but I will find it hard to go and support Brighton as much as I have, after this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
İbrahim Tatlıses;2813391 said:
Ridiculous. The board is run by clowns. If we go down the board is 100% to blame.

Unfortunately, had Adams stayed and we still got relegated I doubt you would have blamed him. As far as Adams goes, there seems to be too much blind faith and not enough realism from some sections of the fans. I doubt if there is any other club that would have given him as long as he has and that is only probably on the back of what he achieved last time.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I saw the thread you made to that affect the other day but didn't get round to replying. I think you've got a point to a certain degree, but I wouldn't worry too much. Wilkins was controversial after McGhee because he was an inside appointment, some McGhee lovers seemed to regard it as the cheap option. Although he was never exactly loved by the fans I don't think there was widespread dislike either. A few whingers like you, but not exactly widespread calls for him to go. Especially last season. Even after Mansfield/Port Vale most people were in his favour. I think history has been re-written to some extent to justify Adams. We're not going to have an internal appointment this time, and I think most fans were more than aware of the fact Adams had to go. If we stay up I think a new manager would have everyone behind him.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Adams had long enough, the absolute TOSH of "Building a squad" is bollocks as Wilkins did it just fine in one season. There was NO need to rebuild everything, he signed lots of Loanees who got us into this mess then trys to paper over the cracks with January signings but by then it was all lost.
Face FACTS he was rubbish and Good Riddance, we should never of gone back and I'm personally delighted he's gone as I was very skeptical when the whole Wikins/Adams thing happened last summer, now get rid of White & Booker let the new manager bring in his own squad of coaches and hail the ere of Falmer.

We may get relegated, Knight may of got red faced over this whole affair, but we're going to a new Stadium!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Adams had long enough, the absolute TOSH of "Building a squad" is bollocks as Wilkins did it just fine in one season. There was NO need to rebuild everything, he signed lots of Loanees who got us into this mess then trys to paper over the cracks with January signings but by then it was all lost.
Face FACTS he was rubbish and Good Riddance, we should never of gone back and I'm personally delighted he's gone as I was very skeptical when the whole Wikins/Adams thing happened last summer, now get rid of White & Booker let the new manager bring in his own squad of coaches and hail the ere of Falmer.

We may get relegated, Knight may of got red faced over this whole affair, but we're going to a new Stadium!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fantastic: somebody hardly known by NSC's 'regulars' posts a bit of information that gets him/her ridiculed simply because they don't have thousands of posts-then massive servings of humble pie dished up within a couple of hours when the news turns out to be 100% accurate.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I don't actually believe this though, seems a strange day to sack the manager, would have been better to do it tonight after the game !

I don't know if it's the same with rugby, but in real football players often step up a gear immediately after a manager is sacked and dish up a surprise result. Expect a win today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fantastic: somebody hardly known by NSC's 'regulars' posts a bit of information that gets him/her ridiculed simply because they don't have thousands of posts-then massive servings of humble pie dished up within a couple of hours when the news turns out to be 100% accurate.

When? If.... ???

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Right decision.

Let's face it, Mickey has had plenty of opportunities to get things right this season and he has spectacularly failed. Just to recap:
Continuing to play Hawkins when his form had deserted him and he was responsible for us leaking goals.
Playing Virgo all over the park. In fact everywhere except his best position of CB (well we thought that until Tue night!).
Never playing the same team for two successive games ... until last week.
Getting loan players and leaving them on the bench.

Mickey was going to get us relegated. If we had beaten Carlisle (no excuse there) and Luton (no excuse there either) he maybe deserved to be given longer, but there was just no sign that he was turning things round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here