Votes: 90 49.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 18 9.9%

• Total voters

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, I don't think people are saying OUT because of this performance. Whether you went or not, the fact is over the 21 games Micky has fallen way below expectations.
Granted promotion wasn't expected, but to be there or there abouts was.

If the team were unlucky today fine, but the position over the season so far kind of sums it up really.

We are in the relegation zone and looking at the upcoming fixtures, if we don't sort it out soon then relegation looms.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last 18 league games

Won 2
Drawn 7
Lost 9

Points 13

There is no debate as to whether we can go down. WE ARE GOING DOWN. 13 points from a possible 54.

No one can defend Adams now I am afraid but I have voted in as there's no point in sacking him now. I can see Knight keeping with Adams even if we get relegated. I would like to think Mikcy would do the decent thing and resign if he gets us relegated.

I can see us playing in division 4 next season as more and more likely and then go all out for 2 successive promotions. Paul Ince is the man to bring that vision to fruition but he will not be hanging around for long so it may be worth a call now Dick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be honest, I don't think people are saying OUT because of this performance. Whether you went or not, the fact is over the 21 games Micky has fallen way below expectations.
Granted promotion wasn't expected, but to be there or there abouts was.

If the team were unlucky today fine, but the position over the season so far kind of sums it up really.

We are in the relegation zone and looking at the upcoming fixtures, if we don't sort it out soon then relegation looms.

Why do you say that. The objective this seson WAS to get in the play offs at least. Adams said it, Dick said it and all the players said it. Its only now be are in the dep shit that Adams in particular is back tracking and making out now that to stay up would be a successful season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole drive now is that the objective is to stay up and that in itself would be a success.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I used some artistic licence. :glare:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But as sure as Black is Black this season is now all about survival and nothing else.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
good work mickey. takes team from near top to near bottom in record speed.

by the way last time he took over horton's team who were starting to show promise. if you remember horton took a team who were probably our worst ever and got them playing. hart and barker upfront. super rod thomas, jeff minton, ian culverhouse, i may be wrong but i remember some good games under horton. yes we were still turd but not at the all time low some people like to pretend to enhance mickey's achievements. first season back we were mainly midtable with a nice little surge at the end of the season once zamora and brooker arrived. second season was great. thanks mickey. third season he walked and peter taylor did a superb job. he's underrated is taylor. did far more than keep things as they were. anybody remember that monday night humping of reading! so all in all yes mickey did a good job last time he was here. but only a good job. if he hadn't walked away and if he'd won two titles with us then it would have been a great job. he didn't.

Last 18 league games

Won 2
Drawn 7
Lost 9

Points 13

There is no debate as to whether we can go down. WE ARE GOING DOWN. 13 points from a possible 54.

No one can defend Adams now I am afraid but I have voted in as there's no point in sacking him now. I can see Knight keeping with Adams even if we get relegated. I would like to think Mikcy would do the decent thing and resign if he gets us relegated.

I can see us playing in division 4 next season as more and more likely and then go all out for 2 successive promotions. Paul Ince is the man to bring that vision to fruition but he will not be hanging around for long so it may be worth a call now Dick.

Had to agree ....up to the last paragraph.
We don't have to go down.
Go all out for what? A magical two-division promotion again? Dream on, we'll be losing our better players, INCLUDING several home-grown talented players, and there'll be no stalwart Albion players left. We'd be praying for some great manager who'd want to stick his neck out, call several playing mates and 'rescue' our club like cavalry.

No mate, I can't see it now. The board have put a spanner in the works for once - and I don't blame Adams for it - by removing the integral wheel in our mechanics, Dean Wilkins. Previous to that, they'd been fair and acted with complete integrity towards managers, and only ever acted on behalf of the fans. Weird how they suddenly adopted a selfish attitude about our long serving club man.

If I were a manager coming into this club, I would tell the chairman and the board from the off, that I will be asking for their SUPPORT and looking to them for more money for the players if they are playing well for me and the shirt. I'd tell them I'm going to be gnawing at their ears all the time, for the things that THEY can do for the playing staff. For daring to do that once last Christmas, Wilkins the players man was ousted.
Well, no surprise then, that we are losing points like a bloody sieve.

Bad move by the board, very bad.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
good work mickey. takes team from near top to near bottom in record speed.

by the way last time he took over horton's team who were starting to show promise. if you remember horton took a team who were probably our worst ever and got them playing. hart and barker upfront. super rod thomas, jeff minton, ian culverhouse, i may be wrong but i remember some good games under horton. yes we were still turd but not at the all time low some people like to pretend to enhance mickey's achievements. first season back we were mainly midtable with a nice little surge at the end of the season once zamora and brooker arrived. second season was great. thanks mickey. third season he walked and peter taylor did a superb job. he's underrated is taylor. did far more than keep things as they were. anybody remember that monday night humping of reading! so all in all yes mickey did a good job last time he was here. but only a good job. if he hadn't walked away and if he'd won two titles with us then it would have been a great job. he didn't.

At last..... a very good summary of MA's achievements first time round....they weren't great or legendary. In fact, he has been ' dining out ' on them ever since and been very clever in keeping his hand in at the club ( whilst his career has been nosediving )
How some people can make out that one promotion from the lowest division somehow earns MA qualification into the BHA all-time managerial hall of fame quite baffles me !
I don't see this status being afforded to Gritt, Taylor, Coppell and Mghee who all ( in their different ways ) achieved as much if not more than Adams.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
At last..... a very good summary of MA's achievements first time round....they weren't great or legendary. In fact, he has been ' dining out ' on them ever since and been very clever in keeping his hand in at the club ( whilst his career has been nosediving )
How some people can make out that one promotion from the lowest division somehow earns MA qualification into the BHA all-time managerial hall of fame quite baffles me !
I don't see this status being afforded to Gritt, Taylor, Coppell and Mghee who all ( in their different ways ) achieved as much if not more than Adams.

Steve Gritt acheivements were far greater than anything Adams did and he was shafted by Knight, Adams f***ed off as he thought he was better than us and people forget how he was always touting for other managers jobs when he was with us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Nobody did.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody did.

Oh yes they did, a very large number of posters on here were convinced Adams was our best ever manager I seem to remember. This was before it became apparent that this was not the case and that he'd struggle to make the top 10

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember Mullery coming back. Frankly I still think he was overrated as he had a huge budget. However, when he came back he was rubbish. Looks like history is repeating itself.

There's plenty of decent managers out there, Steve Cotterill and Paul Ince are just two.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I remember Mullery coming back. Frankly I still think he was overrated as he had a huge budget. However, when he came back he was rubbish. Looks like history is repeating itself.

There's plenty of decent managers out there, Steve Cotterill and Paul Ince are just two.

Mullery was stitched up like a kipper. You seriously can't compare the two.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I've voted "keep him" as I have said in the past that the January transfer activity is MA's real test. If, after that we are in relegation trouble then I don't think MA is the man for us. However, if we lose badly against Colchester then I think MA will lose the crowd and Knight, despite his statement this week that MA is here for the long term, will be under real pressure. I actually think that MA would walk rather than be sacked. If that happens I hope the whole coaching/managerial team walk with him. In many ways I think they are our weak spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here