• fence

Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It would be daft to get rid of Adams now. Didn't agree with getting rid of Dean Wilkins, but now we have Adams I believe he should be given the season to show he can do the job. DK on the other hand should step aside.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When you directly after a defeat post a thread saying we should sack our manager, surely you need to have seen the game to make such a statement.

Only if you were willing to sack him over this one particular game. We have only won four out of 17 matches in the league this season, so you can understand why people would be willing to pull the trigger.

Have we appointed a first team coach yet? There must be plenty of coaches with experience and to bring in a wealth of new ideas.

I am sticking with him for the time being, but from what I have seen this season, I have not been that impressed.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can we afford to be paying off Wilkins and Adams?

Probably not so let's just get Wilkins back after all he was the cheap option when it suited Knight before.

Obviously Knight would have to go as well.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Probably not so let's just get Wilkins back after all he was the cheap option when it suited Knight before.

Obviously Knight would have to go as well.

Somehow I don't think Wilkins would swallow his pride and come back. He'd be totally undermined in the dressing room to start with..

Wilkins can sit at home, receiving his pay every month. Why go back to the club who sacked him? They'd have to pay him at least double.
And if we're going to pay somebody more than double, why not spend it on a quality manager?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
f***ing out!

Ive only missed 2 games (midweek cup) this season and the results and Prefomances have not been good enough.

4 wins in 17 league games is a shambles. I think Mr Knight has made a big erorr in getting Adams back. I was not a fan of Wilikins but we never consistently played this bad under him. In hindsight we should have kept him on for the one remaining year of his contract.

Pepole go on about our performance today not being to bad, but its a results buisiness and the league table dosent lie!

Talking of perfomances, there is only one game this seson (Possibly two) where we have plated well from start to finish. Man City and maybe Crewe.

Adams out Now before we find ourselves booking train tickets to Rochdale and Morcambe next seson!

D

Deleted member 2719

Somehow I don't think Wilkins would swallow his pride and come back. He'd be totally undermined in the dressing room to start with..

Wilkins can sit at home, receiving his pay every month. Why go back to the club who sacked him? They'd have to pay him at least double.
And if we're going to pay somebody more than double, why not spend it on a quality manager?
Never say never remember Dean is Brighton through and through and if Knight was out of the way and he was put on a potential new contract if he could lead us in to a play-off position - but it would have to be done very soon.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Then they'd be paying him twice, it'd be a seperate contract entirely.
:)

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
We should calm down.

YES, getting Adams back, in hindsight, was a terrible move. Sacking a manager who finished 7th with a mediocre bunch of players was a touch act to follow anyway, but the board's idea was;

"if anybody (that the Albion could get, at least) are to take us the "extra mile" it's Micky Adams"

In my opinion it has nothing to do with trying to increase the gate or any of that nonsense, it was just that Adams was available, and the board want to be back in the Championship, and thought he was the man to do it.

Personally, I don't think Adams has what it takes any more (he has clearly lost the passion and winning mentality from mark one), BUT sacking him would be folly at this stage in the season. EVEN if we had a "sure fire" top manager in the pipeline to take over the job lined up mid-season, look where that got the club last time.

I say, wait until the end of the season, unless we're still troubled by possible relegation in February, and reevaluate his tenure then.

have to agree with this ......its too early .....and to be fair to Adams this time we were goddamned unlucky today . Also , I know we always moan about the officials but today we were playing against 11+ ref+lino and I even found myself out of my seat spouting obscenities that looking back I am ashamed of......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
shouldn't have come back, team seemingly going backwards but can't sack him because we can't afford to. Whether we can afford not to is another matter especially if the bottom 4 is looking likely at the end of the season. Who knows it might come right, on paper we have a good team and and awesome front two

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I think on paper we're a good team so Adams has done well at getting players in. The team's obviously not gelling consistently but that does sometimes take time. Today we played well, kept pushing and were reasonably creative. I don't see any point in calling for Micky's head.
(yes, I do go to every home game and one or two aways)

Tsk. You are suggesting that we'd have to pay double for DW, yet "he's not quality" enough.
Dodgy logic there imo, but then it is NSC after all, rife with dodgy logic.

I understand what you are trying to say, but finding a quality manager to eclipse the one who knew the players that well, who had got them on a course above expectations, and was fully committed - and cemented in Albion history to boot - I have trouble thinking of how it would be remotely possible.

In my opinion, sacking Wilkins was a mistake of mega proportions, but seen by the BHAFC board as slight. That Adams was an old hero and friend waiting in the wings, was an unfortunate shadow following DW's footsteps last season.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Tsk. You are suggesting that we'd have to pay double for DW, yet "he's not quality" enough.
Dodgy logic there imo, but then it is NSC after all, rife with dodgy logic.

I understand what you are trying to say, but finding a quality manager to eclipse the one who knew the players that well, who had got them on a course above expectations, and was fully committed - and cemented in Albion history to boot - I have trouble thinking of how it would be remotely possible.

In my opinion, sacking Wilkins was a mistake of mega proportions, but seen by the BHAFC board as slight. That Adams was an old hero and friend waiting in the wings, was an unfortunate shadow following DW's footsteps last season.

:bowdown:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
When you directly after a defeat post a thread saying we should sack our manager, surely you need to have seen the game to make such a statement.

In fact I'm pretty sure vulture posts threads like this, directly after most defeats, suggesting to me that he barely ever goes to a game.

I had tickets for todays game but due to the weather and the age of my little ones and how shit we are I stayed at home..

What I said on Scotty Mac's thread ...

I'm sure that Micky Adams has a remit to get a team together that will win promotion and STAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

It should be obvious to anyone that last season's team wasn't good enough to do that. And neither is this season's team.

I would expect that the Board will keep the faith with Micky Adams until next season's team shows its capability. The only question in my mind is when the Board will be ready to spunk some serious money at putting together a team that can do the business. They are playing about with some loan players at the moment. If any of them prove good enough, they might be invited to stay. If they aren't good enough, they'll leave, no doubt to be replaced by others "on approval".

The big decisions will come after the end of the season. Some fans may have lost confidence in the future. I doubt if the Board have. Unless things go horrendously wrong (and they haven't), I reckon Micky Adams' position is safe for at least another year.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm not at all happy with how we treated Wilkins, and I've been deeply disappointed by this season under Adams, and have criticised him plenty for his decisions, BUT .... no, sacking him at this early stage is not the right thing to do. However, I haven't managed to "keep the faith", Micky needs to do a whole lot to win me over in this spell in charge.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
sorry buy anybody who think adams is a good manager is WRONG. yes he did a god job first time round but his overall record in football manager is mediocre at best. for evidence of his qualities, just have a look at his great work this season. his signings, his tactic, his subs, his selections, all have been very poor. he's taken a decent team and turned it into a bad one... even though his squad is much bigger than the one he inherited. he's brought in loads of new players but we're regressing not progressing. so for me, it's adams out!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I’m waiting for a new splash screen on official website where instead of “Micky’s second coming” It will read “Micky’s second going”.

Looks like he got lucky first time around, he left for greener grass and achieved erm.... not a lot frankly, he’s back and has achieved erm... nothing, we are a long way off the team that finished last season, a team that had problems, but look at the rubbish and joke tactics now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It would be daft to get rid of Adams now. Didn't agree with getting rid of Dean Wilkins, but now we have Adams I believe he should be given the season to show he can do the job. DK on the other hand should step aside.

Don't really understand the reasoning here.

Why should DK step aside, if you are prepared to allow Adams to stay till the end of the season?

What if Adams turns it around? Would you still want DK to stand aside?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here