Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Out ??

withdeanseagulls

Oct 22, 2008
robinson deserves a start...he should have came on earlyer today if not started, sounds like he was one of the only people to get a shot in today...and considering he was only on for 15 minutes i would say thats pretty good going. scored a blinder on wednesday night, and as many people on here say, i think his only fallback is his mental belief in himself - it doesnt help with half the people on here slagging him off..he's all we've got (minus gargan) on the striker front at the moment..so lets get behind him like real fans and support - and hope it will give him the confindence to score!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
robinson deserves a start...he should have came on earlyer today if not started, sounds like he was one of the only people to get a shot in today...and considering he was only on for 15 minutes i would say thats pretty good going. scored a blinder on wednesday night, and as many people on here say, i think his only fallback is his mental belief in himself - it doesnt help with half the people on here slagging him off..he's all we've got (minus gargan) on the striker front at the moment..so lets get behind him like real fans and support - and hope it will give him the confindence to score!

Agree he always gives you a buzz when he plays, its there and we need it more then ever

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Mickey took a chance when he came back, and I'm sure he knows all the stats about 2nd time around managers.

But he didn't come begging Dick Knight for a job did he? Dick chose to uproot Wilkins, who has played a major role in building a decent youth team setup, and was promoted to Manager where he did a fairly decent job.

So now Dick's gamble is appearing just that - a gamble - everyone is screaming 'Knight out' or 'Adams out.'

We could all jump on that bandwagon, or we could grit our teeth. Trouble is, if we grit our teeth too long, they'll be ground down and we'll be in division 2.

The question we need to ask is, can we accept relegation as a possibility?
If the question is no, then it's a question of when, and not if the manager goes.

Always supposing that is, that we have money to throw away in the next transfer window, and whether we have someone who is going to come in and turn it around. Nothing is guaranteed in football, but it does seem that some people have more power to wield than they should have, given their relative experience in the football field.

If others feel the same way, then perhaps we should be looking for someone to share the load with Dick, again always assuming that there are multi-millionaires out there wanting to throw money at our club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think everybody agrees that 7th was a false position and gave us more credit than we were due.

Had Forster and Murray not been injured we would have got a win by now.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This week in 2007 Warnock took over at Palace who were 19th in the Championship so as MA says keep the faith.

On a website that regularly rubbishes those with faith, what is the point of people keep saying that. Keep the faith in what? Miracles? Micky Messiah? Dick the Divine?

Time to get real and look at what is actually happening before your very eyes.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
enough is enough. if we don't put in a decent performance tuesday he should walk - if we'd just appointed a new manager, somebody coming in from a top non league club, he would have been sacked by now. the tactics, selections, subs, signings, the post match comments, training... everything he does. he does badly. we have been WOEFUL all season bar crewe away.

as somebody else said knight needs to apologise to the fans but mainly the STHs who bought one thinking wilkins was in charge this season. if i knew adams was coming back i honestly would not have renewed mine this season. he got lucky last time round with bobby z (by the way knight claims all credit for signing bobby) and he's a limited league 2 manager at best.

he's signed loads of players this is now HIS team. very bad football that doesn't win games.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Where are we setting our sights?
After improving 11 places and 17 pts ( approx ) last season - a top six position was expected this season. Dean Wilkins was dispensed with - no man- management skills, lost the senior players, not enough contacts, not enough nous to get us into the championship. Replaced by a journeyman manager who has never stayed for any length of time at any club - who had no hesitation in walking out on us first time round for a better offer. And now is welcomed back like the Messiah ( ' the second coming ' )
I 've watched BHA for a very long time and I have never witnessed such a tactically inept series of displays at home and a sole intention of trying to get 0-0 away. It was obvious from the start of the season that we were light up front but nothing was done and we now have a defender filling that role.
At some clubs the manager would have gone already ( ' cut your losses ' ) but we all know that the chairman has to back his man, for his own reputation.
I watch BHA to see them win and if I get entertained, that is a bonus.
This is unadulterated rubbish that we are being served up and as the paying customer, we have a right to demand change.
I have lost complete confidence ( like the players ) and am angry and frustrated that a half decent team has been allowed to be turned into this mess.
Nothing would delight me more to see us steaming up the table but MA looks clueless and I have no faith in any expertise coming from thye backroom.
Thats enough ranting for one morning - I'm off for me cornflakes and a listen to ' Eve of Destruction ' by Barry McGuire.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This week in 2007 Warnock took over at Palace who were 19th in the Championship so as MA says keep the faith.

Don't follow you, Dowie took over a struggling team and got them playing winning football almost instantly, hence the rise up the table. Adams took over a team that needed tinkering with, chucked out or alienated all the youngsters and managed to get rid of team spirit, brought in journeymen loanees and we haven't won since August. People are now saying give him time, it took a couple of years last time around.

Quite how turning us into the most negative and clueless team in the league can be compared to Dowie taking Palace up the table is totally beyond me??????

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
well said horney. its a complete shambles. what adams states and what he actually does are miles apart. his comments about wanting to entertain and play the right way and excite the fans are a joke. he is and will always be a keep it tight, take no risks, bang it forward early kind of manager.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
he is and will always be a keep it tight, take no risks, bang it forward early kind of manager.

Yes he has made mistakes this time round and there have been some truly dreadful performances. But have you totally forgotten 2000/01 or were you too young? Winning promotion at Plymouth seemed so very easy and the Albion kept possession for great chunks of the game(not bad for a long ball manager!). And over half that Plymouth team would win promotion not long after. Home games were nearly always entertaining but memories are short aren't they.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It's f***ing embarrassing to be talking about sacking ANY manager in October. Some words for you people: PERSPECTIVE, PATIENCE, and FICKLE.

It is embarrassing, because Wilkins should still have been manager at this point.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
adams should not have had the chance to come back in the first place, but now he has we have to respect the (questionable) decision by the board and accept he will be here for a while. give him time to dismantle to decent team wilkins had put together and get his own one. i'll judge him at the end of the season though, but at the moment it's not looking good.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It's f***ing embarrassing to be talking about sacking ANY manager in October. Some words for you people: PERSPECTIVE, PATIENCE, and FICKLE.

Sacking Adams now I agree is ridiculous but things need to improve and quick as like it or not with results and performances as they stand a lot of people are losing interest and this is something we can ill afford.

For fans to be patient they need some sign that gives them some hope for the rest of the season. I hope Micky turns it around I really do but I feel he has a lot to do to turn the fanbase in his favour and looking at the fixture list its gonna get a lot worse before it gets better

It is embarrassing, because Wilkins should still have been manager at this point.

But he isn't, never will be again and all of this bickering and hourly polls bollocks is simply f***ing stupid. They will not bring Wilkins back-and all it's doing is turning North Stand Chat into North Stand Crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here