Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams fears axe if we lose tonight

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
To be honest I think he should go even if we win tonight. A victory over two legs against league two opposition shouldn't be allowed to paper over the cracks in the club at the moment.

Sadly MA has consistently failed to get the best out of a squad which on the face it has some pretty reasonable players in it. I just cannot see him turning it around, and we are in a desperate situation in the league. I am loathe to join the almost constant chorus of manager out that affects most teams pretty much all the time, but I just get the feeling that Adams is a busted flush at this club, and what's more he gives the impression of feeling that way himself.

Agree 100% - and your last point is critical. Adams is under immense pressure, and he is finding it very difficult to cope. The problem for Micky is that he has two impossible choices:

- Resign and effectively count himself out of football management at this level for a long time;
- Stay on and risk taking the club he loves into Division 4 (and the risk of the sack).

Glad I'm not in his position (although if I was at least I'd play Virgo at centre back)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He obviously wont walk...I get the impression that his patience with the players is wearing thin now he has realised that cuddles dont work.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He wont face the axe otherwise he gets a pay out on the remaining two and half years of his contract, which I should imagine is a lot of money.

I'm not convinced thats the case, I was listening to an ex manager on talksport a while ago talking about manager's getting the sack ( can't remember who it was though ) But the bit that stuck in my mind when was he was saying that managers very rarely get they're contracts paid up in full when they get the sack. There's very often a clause written into they're contracts on how much they get in the event of getting sacked apparently.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
If this is his last chance, then I HOPE TO GOD WE LOSE AND LOSE BADLY. Then he can f*** OFF. Anything else is prolonging our agony and the slide into oblivion.

Sorry, but NO brighton fan should hope this wonderful club will lose any game, let alone a chance to see us play at wembley. Go back to your hole.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
To be honest I think he should go even if we win tonight. A victory over two legs against league two opposition shouldn't be allowed to paper over the cracks in the club at the moment.

If we win tonight it would be a very good time for Adams to make a dignified exit, It would be allmost like saying " It did'nt work out too well in the league But I've given you all a day out at Wembley to enjoy "

If he stay's and gets us relegated then any good work he has done for us will be forgotten.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry, but NO brighton fan should hope this wonderful club will lose any game, let alone a chance to see us play at wembley. Go back to your hole.

In the words of Adams in looking at the BIGGER picture.

I will take losing ONE game if it means that Northern Idiot fucks off on the first train OUT of Brighton. Take White and Booker with you.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In the words of Adams in looking at the BIGGER picture.

I will take losing ONE game if it means that Northern Idiot fucks off on the first train OUT of Brighton. Take White and Booker with you.

Fair enough but I for one am FED UP with losing one game after another.

I mean that was the excuse when we were in the championship....................:whisky:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Micky is really soundling like a dead man walking in that interview.

I think we are going to hear one of those "mutual consent" jobbies, and sooner rather than later. That way its not a sacking as such, but DK can come out with something along the lines of "we have reluctantly accepted Micky's resignation. We still believe he would have turned things round, but understand his reasons for wanting to leave, wish him all the best blah blah". Some kind of undisclosed payoff is negotiated between Micky and Dicky, and they go their seperate ways.

That way, by not actually sacking him, DK and the board are still not publically admitting they royally screwed up last summer.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Why doesn't Dick just offer Adams a job as First Team Coach? Worked the last time
No. If Adams does goes as manager then that will be that. One of the many questions I want answering is why haven't we appointed a first team coach all season? Regardless of what happens with Adams over the next 24 hours or weeks, the coaching set up at the club has to modernise with some progressive, thoughtful people coming in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Adams does get the boot i can see Booker going too but not White which is bullshit.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If Adams does get the boot i can see Booker going too but not White which is bullshit.

We need a complete clear out with White, Booker & Adams all going! Too many of our players have gone backwards this season and that has to go down to the coaching staff & tactics.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We need a complete clear out with White, Booker & Adams all going! Too many of our players have gone backwards this season and that has to go down to the coaching staff & tactics.
I remember Knight saying to a previous manager that he must work with the current set up and cannot bring in his own men.I can see history repeating it'self again even know we need a good clear out.
Sack Adams and put Hinslewood in charge untill a new man is found.It has to be Boothy.

win or lose,the time has come to wave good bye.the most important target for a football club at the start of any season, out side the premier division, is to firstly win promotion and secondly avoid relegation.Micky has nothing more to offer our club.yes he deserves thanks from all BHA supporters for all he has done in his previous spell at the club aided by the goals of Zamora(who without him the team was short of a goals!!).no one in their right minds wants to see a manager fail,but i do honestly feel that this time Micky has.his recent record at BHA,Leceister and Coventry is nothing to boast about.i wish him the best of luck for the future where ever it takes him

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think we will win tonight. I think we will get a draw on Saturday and win our next 2 home games against opposition who are, in my view, inferior to us. I hope that is enough to turn it round for Micky. I am definetely keeping the faith and I am convinced it will be him who has a great day out at Wembley leading the team.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
For the first time EVER I am half hoping that we don't go through tonight. I don't want a tin pot trophy final attempting to paper over the monstrous cracks in the squad.

League 1 survival versus JPT final; if there was a choice which option would you take. I know what I would choose.

I am not saying that this is the choice that we face, but I am of the opinion that we will not stay in this division with MA in charge. He has not taken any tactical or selection steps which lead me to believe that a change in our fortunes is just around the corner.

I believe that we have the squad to stay up, but we need someone who is going to organise them and motivate them to do so. It pains me greatly to say it, but MA is not that man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here