Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams fears axe if we lose tonight

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We are walking a very dangerous tightrope, if it continues to be shit, whoever is in charge, it could all collapse around us. The players could get fed up.
Murray, Davies and McNulty could want away from something they are clearly better than

Andrew Whing, Kerry Mayo, Adam Hinshelwood, John Sullivan, Chris Birchall, Jason Jarrett, Seb Carole, Calvin Andrew, Gary Hart, Doug Loft, Jake Robinson, Tom Fraser, Kane Wills, Kane Louis, Dan Royce, Andy Pearson, Sam Gargan can all leave for FREE

We are then left wth not much, and we either struggle in this league again or even the league below

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We are walking a very dangerous tightrope, if it continues to be shit, whoever is in charge, it could all collapse around us. The players could get fed up.
Murray, Davies and McNulty could want away from something they are clearly better than

Andrew Whing, Kerry Mayo, Adam Hinshelwood, John Sullivan, Chris Birchall, Jason Jarrett, Seb Carole, Calvin Andrew, Gary Hart, Doug Loft, Jake Robinson, Tom Fraser, Kane Wills, Kane Louis, Dan Royce, Andy Pearson, Sam Gargan can all leave for FREE

We are then left wth not much, and we either struggle in this league again or even the league below

That is a scary possibility.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It pains me greatly to say it, but MA is not that man.

Who is the man? We can all quote numerous names of available managers, but I would hate to be making the choice. Despite what people might want to think, there is no guarantee that a new man would do better or wouldn't do worse.

The best you can say is that when a manager is sacked, clubs seem to win their next game!

I am now in the Adams Out camp but with no great conviction that it's the right decision, or who the next manager should be. I am also concerned that, if and when a new manager is announced, he won't be deemed good enough by the over-demanding fans....before his first game in charge! Those who propose the likes of Curbishley are living in dreamland.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
For the first time EVER I am half hoping that we don't go through tonight. I don't want a tin pot trophy final attempting to paper over the monstrous cracks in the squad.

League 1 survival versus JPT final; if there was a choice which option would you take. I know what I would choose.

I am not saying that this is the choice that we face, but I am of the opinion that we will not stay in this division with MA in charge. He has not taken any tactical or selection steps which lead me to believe that a change in our fortunes is just around the corner.

I believe that we have the squad to stay up, but we need someone who is going to organise them and motivate them to do so. It pains me greatly to say it, but MA is not that man.

I disagree. I see going through tonight as having a positive effect on the team and subsequent league performances. A defeat tonight would be very counter-productive, even if MA is sacked afterwards.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You have to question the approach really. What's wrong with this;

Press Conference -Adams "Keep the faith" exit stage left

Preparation - Line up all available defenders and select the one with the loudest voice, all other players to practice penalties. Loud defender, gets the captain's armband and practices shouting "Let's have a winner" for every time the Luton keeper kicks the ball.

What could go wrong ?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
In previous interviews he has sounded dejected BUT has always made it clear that the chairman, the board and players are right behind him. He is saying nothing of the sort in this interview. In fact it's almost completely the opposite!
The chairman and the board have obviously FINALLY spoken up and have been counted. Defeat tonight WILL be the end of Adams, he is virtually saying that himself. Even if you read on, a win tonight still might not be enough to save his job. He was talking as if he might not be here for the final of the JPT in April, and he has NEVER spoken like that before.
I think it's all over now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here