Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo to Norwich?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'd be sad to see him go, I'd like to see a few players stick around for a while and he's one of them, not to mention that modern day rarity of a local bloke playing for his home town team.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Virgs is great at CB unfortunately my impression of him is bluured by hime plaing in midfield and RB. He should only play CB then he could be a championship player again.

You dont watch much football do you! Virgo and class dont go in the same sentence.
cat_corn_cob.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the current set up I wuld sooner they look o replace Hawkins with an experienced central defender to play alonside Virgo and then allow Tunnicliffe to develope slowly without being in the firing line every week with Elphick as back up to try to return to the player he was a couple pf seasons ago.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The problem with Elphick is that he still is the same player he was 2 years ago and doesn't seem to have learnt from his experience. OK, he's committed and can win headers against centre forwards but he also makes errors which cost us games (a la Southend) which he should he got out of his system by now. His main problem is his distribution - he doesn't seem to have learned that we play better if he gives a short pass on the deck to a midfielder rather than trying to aim a high hoof vaguely in the direction of our forwards.

I would be sad to see Virgo go. He's our best centre back and can at least fill in at other positions if needed (which is probably to his detriment).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Virgs is great at CB unfortunately my impression of him is bluured by hime plaing in midfield and RB. He should only play CB then he could be a championship player again.
I've not seen any evidence that he's a great centreback. He's still slow and his positioning is questionable, I think people's views on him are blinkered because of his heroics against Swindon, and up front in the Championship, and the fact he appears to be a top bloke - these things have made him a fan favourite beyond what he's demonstrated on the pitch (at least, in his preferred position).

I'd take £200k+ for him if it was offered, happily. I'm not jumping on the anti-Elphick bandwagon, I still think he's a fine defender and Tunnicliffe looks good too, the only issue is with or without Virgo they are all very similar players. But if we sold Virgo that would enable us to bring in someone else a bit different to provide competition and options in the centre of defence, while not having to shoehorn Virgo into the team whenever he's fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont agree with Silent Bob as I believe that Virgo is the best central defender that we have in that he is an old fashioned stopper, win the ball and get rid. Tunnicliffe tries to play football in the Hansen Lawrenson manner and sometimes get caught out but unfortunately Elphick does neither as well as he did 2 years ago and has gone backwards rather than progressed. Maybe the reason is losing Guy Butters to talk him through the game. I also do not believe that White and Booker are good to help him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would happilly give virgo a puh out the door, i dont think he is good enough to make our settled back 4 of mcnulty, tunnicliffe, elphick, whing anyway, but apparently has to play every game, so i'd be delighted to see him go, we also have other good candidates for captain

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would happilly give virgo a puh out the door, i dont think he is good enough to make our settled back 4 of mcnulty, tunnicliffe, elphick, whing anyway, but apparently has to play every game, so i'd be delighted to see him go, we also have other good candidates for captain

This is the whole argument people like me are saying that he is good enough as he is the best central defender we have better than both Tunnicliffe and Elphick at the moment.

I think he will lead us out as captain at Falmer in The Championship and would not disappointed about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here