Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo to Norwich?

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
Don't kill me, but I have just read on a rumours page that Norwich will be making a bid for Adam Virgo in January...

I would personally be a little dissapointed if this went ahead despite the fact we have two good young centre backs in our squad, and also Steve Cook.

I think that Virgo's experience and versitility is key to the side, and lets not forget he is our captain after all.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If we get good money for him (bearing in mind he was free) I would take it.

In Tunnicliffe and Elphick we have two defenders just as good (if not better) than him, and Slade keeps hinting at getting an experienced centre back in anyway. At a push we also have Jake Wright, Colin Hawkins and Adam El Abd who can play there too.

Virgo is good, but not indispensable. We have good captains in Forster, Dicker and Crofts too, I think

But then again the story could all be rubbish and everything carries on as normal :)

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
If we get good money for him (bearing in mind he was free) I would take it.

In Tunnicliffe and Elphick we have two defenders just as good (if not better) than him, and Slade keeps hinting at getting an experienced centre back in anyway. At a push we also have Jake Wright, Colin Hawkins and Adam El Abd who can play there too.

Virgo is good, but not indispensable. We have good captains in Forster, Dicker and Crofts too, I think

But then again the story could all be rubbish and everything carries on as normal :)

Fair point, its probably a load of crap, but you can see why Norwich may be interested. I personally think Dicker would make a great captain as he always seems ahead of the play and looks like he reads the game well.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I have to say I would not be that bothered. I really think the thing we are missing a Danny Cullp/Guy Butters type centre back. If we get good money then sell him and spend £300k on a quality centre back.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Don't suppose they want to help us out by taking another 'defender' called Adam as well do they?...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it meant Dicker for Captain...

:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly they can have Virgs for a fee and we will throw in an El Abd as well for nothing!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Personally,I would be very surprised if Norwich were after Virgs....he's O.K.but that is it.If I was a Norwich fan,I would rather go for Tunni!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In Tunnicliffe and Elphick we have two defenders just as good (if not better) than him, and Slade keeps hinting at getting an experienced centre back in anyway.

Both are potentially as good as Virgo but not yet as good, Tunnicliffe seems to be improving where as Elphick is going backwards as a player and is now being turned and exposed by every forward he marks.

It must be remembered that Paul Lambert is now manager of Norwich and he had Virgo at Colchester with him so it is possible.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
good he can go for 250k we have better defenders then him imo not a good captain not vocal enough distrubution poor, the first touch of a wrecking ball
we need someone steady in the mould of simon morgan or guy butters to bring the best outta elphick and tunni

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£300k for Virgs , so we can bring in a replacement for Kebab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here