Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just noticed Jason Steele was Adam Lallana caddy at the BMW PGA event today [emoji23]

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Steele is a very good golfer, better than Lallana I believe.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m not sure if this has really been given the credit it deserves, and if it has I apologise, but Adam Lallana is surely up there as one of Potter’s greatest magic tricks. We’ve all acknowledged how he’s given Groß a new lease of life, turned Solly March into a very competent wing back, found numerous positions for the impossibly tall Dan Burn, awarded an out of nowhere Sanchez the number 1 spot, but for my money it’s the conversion of a perennialy injured, unable to complete 90 minutes, highly decorated ageing former England intentional into a tough tackling defensive midfielder. That just doesn’t make sense, but it works, he’s playing (cliche alert) quarterback for us and it’s brilliant, he’s so influential on the pitch and I can only imagine he continues that off the field.
Seems an obvious choice for the captain’s armband if Dunk were to be absent.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not sure if this has really been given the credit it deserves, and if it has I apologise, but Adam Lallana is surely up there as one of Potter’s greatest magic tricks. We’ve all acknowledged how he’s given Groß a new lease of life, turned Solly March into a very competent wing back, found numerous positions for the impossibly tall Dan Burn, awarded an out of nowhere Sanchez the number 1 spot, but for my money it’s the conversion of a perennialy injured, unable to complete 90 minutes, highly decorated ageing former England intentional into a tough tackling defensive midfielder. That just doesn’t make sense, but it works, he’s playing (cliche alert) quarterback for us and it’s brilliant, he’s so influential on the pitch and I can only imagine he continues that off the field.
Seems an obvious choice for the captain’s armband if Dunk were to be absent.

Good shout - great manager, great player.

Lallana is one of my favourite players to ever play for us. Obviously his experience and how vocal he is are invaluable on and off the pitch but so much of what he does goes unnoticed by many. He is a joy to watch, his ability on the ball and appreciation of space are wonderful.

The way he recieves the ball on the turn in the middle of the pitch, already knowing exactly where he’s going instantly finding finding space and starting an attack is a rare quality. He is a major reason why we are so good in transition. The way he manipulates the ball and wriggles out of tight areas with one or two touches is fantastic.

He is one of those players that all aspiring kid footballers should watch.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good shout - great manager, great player.

Lallana is one of my favourite players to ever play for us. Obviously his experience and how vocal he is are invaluable on and off the pitch but so much of what he does goes unnoticed by many. He is a joy to watch, his ability on the ball and appreciation of space are wonderful.

The way he recieves the ball on the turn in the middle of the pitch, already knowing exactly where he’s going instantly finding finding space and starting an attack is a rare quality. He is a major reason why we are so good in transition. The way he manipulates the ball and wriggles out of tight areas with one or two touches is fantastic.

He is one of those players that all aspiring kid footballers should watch.

Seems like the type of player that after a few years learning from our Graham, could possibly be a future Albion manager to keep us playing in our current style.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Lallana and Bissouma both have superb footballing brains. Bissouma reads the game, sees what's coming and steps in, Lallana is one step ahead of the game and makes things happen.

Having them play together is like having a supercomputer running our midfield.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Welbeck’s level of time on the pitch has been ok considering - probably better than expected. AL’s had been brilliant. Credit to the player, the medical team, the club for taking the gamble etc… Like Ings has proven, often fans are quick to dismiss a player who has struggled with injuries - the thread when we signed AL shows this. Yes there were question marks, but we have to trust the club to make the correct decision - and they have with both I feel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lallana was very good yesterday, didn't go missing for a moment and was tracking back as well as trying to pull strings up top, stepped up to the plate in a tight game which is exactly what you'd want from a senior pro

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Had a good game yesterday but before has been very poor this season. Always thought he would be what was needed as a 10 and support forwards and contribute goals. Maybe has not got legs now for that role because now playing much deeper even when Bissouma played. I just wish he could shoot

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had a good game yesterday but before has been very poor this season. Always thought he would be what was needed as a 10 and support forwards and contribute goals. Maybe has not got legs now for that role because now playing much deeper even when Bissouma played. I just wish he could shoot

Not sure about “very poor”, but until yesterday had not me some of the standards set last season.

Alternatively, is it just that Bissouma is so good?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure about “very poor”, but until yesterday had not me some of the standards set last season.

Alternatively, is it just that Bissouma is so good?

This. A few stray passes and being caught on the ball in the games before yesterday, which by his standards is poor. But still a major influence in those games, always bossing the midfield, telling others what to do etc...

Yesterday was just that bit more aware and clicked up to his 'normal' level - which is superb. What a footballer.

Definitely part of the plan is for him to go into coaching here, I'm sure it was part of an interview with him some time ago. He'll make a great coach imo and who better to learn from than GPott.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For a player with such a history of injuries his work rate is huge and he certainly doesn't shy out of a tackle winning loads of ball across the pitch.
Top player with a great attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here