Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
How that man continues to apply his trade at League One is quite frankly SURREAL!!

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i have nothing against El-Abd, or his committment level, but when it comes to harvest season and the chickens come to roost, he has to go!!

every week he is singled out as a liability!!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think everyone forgets, he's right footed and plays DM best, so to be stuck on the left at the back and to put in some good tackles and blocks, is commendable. He's done a relitivly ok job for his major dispositioning on the pitch.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
he did ok yesterday, hes not the greatest player in the world but at least he tries and has some passion and he never flinches from a tackle, a few attributes that have been sorely missing from a few players this season. He might not be first choice long term, esp when Mcnulty comes back if he does, (club unnervingly quiet about his current state) but I`m always glad hes available as a squad player.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wright and McNulty where art thou?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Hard looking fucker though & I bet he'd run rings around the pair of you!

He gave it his all & I don't think he was in a favourable position for his limited ability but he obviously has some talent otherwise wouldn't be there at all.

I'm not his greatest supporter but think he gets way too much stick. Good squad player & certainly tries. Albion through & through, that's enough for me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Glad to see some support for the lad. I hear his name and watch him take up position infront of C and worry a tad purely because he's not a Left back. good depth player to have imo. covered well for jimmy mac and wright, obviosuly not first choice but christ. you'd think he scores owngoals and just stands still for an age. He doesn't deal with overlaps at all well becuase he's not a leftback!

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
mugs, despite the team putting in a brilliant display, it failed to mask the fact that he should NOT be playing professional football!!

there is more than one way to skin a cat, and evidently even more ways to skin El-Abd!!

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

He gave it his all & I don't think he was in a favourable position for his limited ability but he obviously has some talent otherwise wouldn't be there at all.

I'm not his greatest supporter but think he gets way too much stick. Good squad player & certainly tries. Albion through & through, that's enough for me.

did crofts say in a questions and answer thing that he and adam roomed together and said no one messes with our room! hes doing a grand job for mcnulty, for that he deserves a lot of credit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We ALWAYS have to have a scapegoat.

Murray has managed to shake that off through his quality showing through. So now El-Abd gets the brunt of it.

I think everyone knows that when everyone is 100% fit, El Abd would not be in the starting 11. Generally when we've had a fully fit squad that has certainly been the case.

I can't bring myself to slag him off because he works his arse off. I'm sure he knows his limitations.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I dare say he would seeing as I'm older and crapper than him at footie but I just don't think he's very good. Sure he's no LB but he's also a liability at CB, at RB and also as a holding midfielder. He doesn't seem to have great awareness of opposing players, he backs off far far far too often coupled with any real pace means he resorts to desperate lunges as he gets skinned time and time again, there's also a huge question mark over his concentration levels with hospital passes to team members and dodgy pass backs to keeper. On top of that, he may look hard but he does get muscled off the ball often. His distribution is woeful at times and often just involves desperate hoofball.

I'd like a team full of local lads but for decidedly average players like him it's a luxury we just can't afford to take. We need to get the best players available, not just triers. Sorry, but if we really want to have Championship ambitions then we need Championship quality players. El-Abd doesn't fit the bill.

Nothing personal. I've met him and he's a lovely bloke.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
We ALWAYS have to have a scapegoat.

Murray has managed to shake that off through his quality showing through. So now El-Abd gets the brunt of it.

I think everyone knows that when everyone is 100% fit, El Abd would not be in the starting 11. Generally when we've had a fully fit squad that has certainly been the case.

I can't bring myself to slag him off because he works his arse off. I'm sure he knows his limitations.

I hate slagging him off for the same reasons..... having said that, he really REALLY isn't good enough for this standard (which is really all this thread is about).

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It is testament to our squad improvement that some see Adam as a weak link. Three years ago he was a key factor in the team. Rather in the same way that I think we saw OGH a bit further back. All due to these guys, they are part and parcel of the Albion and having out on the most famous of all blue and white striped tops, deserve our utmost respect. My belief, held for many a month, is that this squad is the best we have had for over 15 years. It certainly is the largest! A few canny signings in January maybe, although Tony bloom hinted at a dislike for the jan transfer window.

TNBA

TTF

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Can't fault his effort and commitment, however with everyone fully fit he wouldn't be in the starting 11. Adequate cover, though.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
he's on £35,000, he's got to go, all on £35,000 have got to go!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here