Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would have El Abd as my player of the season too.

I thought he was hard for playing two whole games with a broken toe, without realising. However, I think Fabregas has topped that by playing a whole game with a broken leg!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Still performing well.

0,,10433~8941065,00.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
haven't read through the thread but unless there is a fair amount of irony involved ,one would have to say " what do you want to wipe that egg off your face with sunshine"??

The guy has obviously grown in confidence and there fore stature........you can have all the ability in the world but if you haven't got the confidence you are always going to struggle.........definitely turned the corner imho.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Elphick - donkey who looks good when we're up against it because he can throw his body around and hoof it away and everyone loves it. In most games when we should be trying to play football he's totally lacking though.

El Abd - dreadful footballer who if you spotted him playing in the local park probably wouldn't pick out as a cut above anyone else. Awful defending consistently costs us goals and points and has little/no talent when on the ball. Get rid.

The two weak links amongst a promising if underachieving set of players.

Can we get a collection of all of TCB's posts like this?

If it was up to him, our two centre-backs - who have now kept 3 clean sheets in a row, and by all accounts have performed well for some time now - would be playing non-league football. Ashley Barnes would never have been signed, Andrew Crofts would never have been signed last summer, Liam Dickinson would still be at the club, and best of all - Gus Poyet wouldn't be our manager :lolol:

Whenever people start slagging off El-Bad, I point to the fact he has featured regularly in a team playing Championship and league One football since 2003. Top player, top professional/athlete and a product of the youth system playing alongside another product of the youth system at the back... and working!!!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Whenever people start slagging off El-Bad, I point to the fact he has featured regularly in a team playing Championship and league One football since 2003. Top player, top professional/athlete and a product of the youth system playing alongside another product of the youth system at the back... and working!!!

:thumbsup:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank goodness I spotted the dates on the earlier posts on this thread - I was beginning to wonder if I was going round the twist, or whether to wade in with, "He's not playing left back, Painter is - El-Abd is a CB alongside Tommy - a pairing that this season are making it look as if it'll be a hard job for Greer to get back in the team" - fortunately I spotted the dates and came through to the last pages!

Yes, it's great when one our home-grown lads proves the doubters wrong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here