Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Actors you can't stand

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Let me guess...he plays a dour, hangdog faced character...
As pointed out below, he plays someone who is dying, does it very well, brilliantly evokes the 50s era it’s set in, and it’s very different to lots of other things I’ve seen him do.
i like him. You don’t. Fair enough.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As pointed out below, he plays someone who is dying, does it very well, brilliantly evokes the 50s era it’s set in, and it’s very different to lots of other things I’ve seen him do.
Thread title is somewhat strong, I don't mind him, and he did star in 2019 Seaford-based film 'Hope Gap' with Annette Benning, which should be essential viewing for every East Sussexer.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has Michael Douglas been mentioned? Can't abide him, even in good to great films like Falling Down and Black Rain. I find him unwatchable and definitely stab-able with an ice pick.
Wall Street, A Perfect Murder, two of my all-time favourite films. The Game I've also watched more times than I probably should have.

(Blue Horseshoe loves Annicott Steel)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bill Nighly, I really like and rate him. Surprised he’s despised here.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bill Nighly, I really like and rate him. Surprised he’s despised here.
It's not 'despising' him, far from it, but anything I've ever seen him in he acts exactly the same way, as described above, his range is so limited from what I've seen, understated, dour, dry delivery, depressed almost. Maybe I've missed the films where he's been left on overnight charge and has a bit more life coursing though his veins.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's not 'despising' him, far from it, but anything I've ever seen him in he acts exactly the same way, as described above, his range is so limited from what I've seen, understated, dour, dry delivery, depressed almost. Maybe I've missed the films where he's been left on overnight charge and has a bit more life coursing though his veins.
He’s a bit different on “the Boat that rocked”, about Radio Caroline.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes this was seemingly covered early doors on this thread. I can't stand him on anything since the superb Gavin and Stacey, where the portrayal of his character was admittedly excellent.

The bloke who plays Gavin fell out with him didn't he? Just decided he was a self absorbed prick I believe. Hard to believe I know.
I’ve had my own Corden experience. He’s a complete prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here