Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Action against LDC/Forfars.....

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Lewes Council have decided to go against the popular vote of the people of Sussex and challenge the Falmer decision. Absolutely despicable and a disgusting waste of taxpayers' money. They will say we have the democratic right to do this: well, we have the democratic right to show our disgust. I suggest a peaceful picket of their next council meeting. I also suggest that, especially in the light of what has gone before, we apply the doctrine of collective responsibility to every local Liberal Democrat representative and treat them accordingly.

Melanie Cuttress, one of the most vociferous opponents of the stadium, is allegedly/apparently/ whatever stupid legalese is necessary to avoid any possible hassle for the overseers of NSC/ either owner or part owner of Forfar's bakers.
I suggest that from now on we view Forfar's as we view Focus DIY and encourage friends, family and everyone who loves football (or even has respect for the basic principles of democracy) to do the same.

This really is beneath contempt.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Total agreement.
Lewes DC are waging war on the Albion. Their environmental arguments are bogus and untrue.
Cuttress has funded her comfortable lifestyle with profits out of Brighton and Hove. Urge everyone who supports the stadium to boycott Forfars totally.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Totally agree. It's time to hit these people in the only thing they understand the wallet. No Forfars!

If we can generate some publicity about LDC disgraceful actions and the way they have followed the agenda of a few twisted geriatrics.

Surely, their must be some recourse for a LDC resident to take legal action against the council for this waste of public money?

I would be quite happy to pay into a fund to cover their expenses as I'm sure many others on here would be.

Cutting off their supply of money is the only way we will ever bring this bloody farce to an end....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can we mention a boycott in the programmes and over the Withdean PA?

This certainly needs supporting.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
What a bunch of pansies.

from the argus

"......cabinet members left via fire exit doors, not the main exit, after the meeting"

If what they were up to was so kosher-why sneak out a side door? If I was so sure about something I'd be yelling about it from the bloody rooftops and inviting every media person in the land to come and hear what I had to say.

They clearly have something they don't want us to know-let's hope there isn't a legitimate reason for them going ahead with this.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
attila said:
I have just called for a boycott of Forfar's on BBC SCR.
Anyone know the date of the next Council meeting?

It's nicely hidden away on their website, but I've managed to find it:

Wednesday 7th December, at Pelham House in Lewes.

No mention of time, unfortunately.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Up till now, i've avoided backing a ban of Forfars because Melanie Cutress is only one in the family.

However, the time has come for an outright boycott by all fans of football and this has to be communicated to all friends, family and acquaintances. We also have to organise some way of communicating to all Lewes taxpayers what is being done with their money.

Looking at who we've beaten over the last 10 years, we are well capable of taking on a few ignorant, bitter NIMBYs :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Don't really see the point in boycotting Forfars. What difference is it really going to make, its not going to go under because of any action BHAFC fans take.

If you really want to make a statement. Boycott all shops in the Lewes DC area, especially the little ones. Tell the shopkeepers what you are doing and why you are doing it (and the press at the same time).

Albion fans boycott Lewes District Council is far more newsworthy that boycotting a big firm.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Hatterlovesbrighton said:

If you really want to make a statement. Boycott all shops in the Lewes DC area, especially the little ones. Tell the shopkeepers what you are doing and why you are doing it (and the press at the same time).

All that hurts is independant shopkeepers, who are struggling enough as it is, and who have had nothing to do with this decision by the council.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I think Monday is the Late night shopping event in Lewes.

Would a leaflet campaign highlighting how LDC are wasting Council Tax Money be an idea?????

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Always have use the other bakery in Southwick Square anyway as my wife always says Forfars is a chain, whereas the other is privately owned.

Nice to fly post some ALBION HATER posters although now I have suggested it here will be the first to be arrested!.

Like the idea of LDC boycott though or could a load of us just turn up for a meeting & sit in the gallery. In which case do we have to prove Lewes residence?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Grendel said:
All that hurts is independant shopkeepers, who are struggling enough as it is, and who have had nothing to do with this decision by the council.

But nor do Forfars? What are LDC going to lose by Forfars being mildy annoyed? Nothing

If shopkeepers that keep people in employment inside LDC area start getting pissed off with the council over their actions they might actually think about what they are doing.

No way in the world that they would be put off by a forfars boycott.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
But nor do Forfars? What are LDC going to lose by Forfars being mildy annoyed? Nothing

If shopkeepers that keep people in employment inside LDC area start getting pissed off with the council over their actions they might actually think about what they are doing.

No way in the world that they would be put off by a forfars boycott.

The issues with Forfars are they are one of the more financially prominent families in Falmer. If this does go to court and Falmer residents have to raise money a large chunk is likely to come from the Forfar lot. Secondly that woman tied up with Forfars has been one of the most vocal opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here