Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accept the season is OVER

thus spake the bookies friend.

Face it, the spectacles get changed every few weeks depending on the recent form, so a short run of victories would see people proclaiming us promotion material worthy of taking on the Championship again. A couple of defeats and some sing the blues.

What is important, whether we make the playoffs or not, is that Dean Wilkins looks to keep raising the standard and keep working on the team to stay competitive.
He will also have to keep working on his own tactical aspect of management, to handle situations in the squad and on the pitch.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
everytime I say " I support BHAFC " people either just laugh, look puzzled or worse just feel sorry for me

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Simster said:
I've come to accept that we really are a nothing club to the football world outside our own dminishing fan base. The only thing that will change that fact is a proper ground of our own.
I wish people would realise this, I've never understood why some brighton fans think we're the Man utd of the south

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What really gets me at the moment, is that since Richie C has come back, we have gone back to our" beginning of the season panic in midfield" type play

I would much rather have had Kerry in midfield yesterday as it was obvious that they were quick though midfield and Carpenter was being left behind. That meant losing Hammond we had no-one to sit on the ball. Freaser and El Abd, and Cox to a degree spend their time covering for Chippy and I think that disrupted our shape.

Jakey was very lively and it would not surprise me if someone like say Southampton or Luton, that sort of team who rely on pace will come in with a bid.

Defence really worried me yesterday. Hinch is not really fit, Butters is fine in the air but struggles with people running at him, Whing played well, but he is gone soon and Rents is learning.

We looked exposed far too many times and Yeoville were a good side but not that good!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Spielberg said:
everytime I say " I support BHAFC " people either just laugh, look puzzled or worse just feel sorry for me
When I was a teenager and going most weeks, we would OWN Palace (their gates were far smaller than ours in the early & mid '80s) and the Pompey games were a real needle match to look forward to.

Nowadays Palace fans appear almost embarrassed to count us as major rivals and some of our fans are often seen on here talking about Portsmouth's "marvellous" fans and their exciting Premiership football.

It's a depressing, embarrassing and cringeworthy situation. :(

Wilkins shits all over Mcgoo from a great height!

Mcgoo would have played the same failed tactics this season, and probably sent our top scorer out on loan to Southwick. We'd have done well to be mid table with him.

Wilkins has us playing football that Mcgoo could only dream about. Yeah we aren't world beaters, but we do actually play football now. Had we not had a very average start to the 2nd half, we'd have gotten something out of yesterdays game. Although the score didn't show it, i thought we were the better team for longer spells.

But as you say lets put up the white flag and use Mcgoo's fave word. The rest of our games are now irrelevant :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy Seagull said:

Mcgoo would have played the same failed tactics this season, and probably sent our top scorer out on loan to Southwick. We'd have done well to be mid table with him.

Wilkins has us playing football that Mcgoo could only dream about. Yeah we aren't world beaters, but we do actually play football now. Had we not had a very average start to the 2nd half, we'd have gotten something out of yesterdays game. Although the score didn't show it, i thought we were the better team for longer spells.

But as you say lets put up the white flag and use Mcgoo's fave word. The rest of our games are now irrelevant :shootself

With respect that does not stack up

Division 1 league record:

McGhee played 37 Won 16 Drawn 10 Lost 11 - Points 58
Wilkins played 18 Won 7 drawn 3 Lost 8 - Points 24

McGhee has a far superior record at this level than Wilkins.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Happy Seagull said:

In fairness to McGhee, you dont actually know that!

I am amazed at the rewriting of history people like to to do when it comes to McGhee.

As I recall, after the first three games of the season everyone on here was giving it the " we are going straight back up". I was not a McGhee fan, however one of the main issues MM had and the club for that matter was Hinch getting injured when he did. It deprived the club of an amazing talent who was just starting to look as good as we all knew he would.

Coupled with Leon Knight's antics and MM was always on to a loser.

Having said all that, he has gone and some people really need to move on

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the basic facts is McGhee is a vastly superior all round manager than Wilkins presently is and no rewritting of history will change that, McGhee would have got us to the play offs at least this season, the person above said the best McGhee would have done is get us to mid table, so we are no better off with Wilkins ???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
kestrel said:
Mcghee was a f***ing fat shit fat c u n t lardy jock piss of a shit jock clown
end off

Except when we won the Play Offs.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and somehow kept us in the championship

Uncle Spielberg said:
With respect that does not stack up

Division 1 league record:

McGhee played 37 Won 16 Drawn 10 Lost 11 - Points 58
Wilkins played 18 Won 7 drawn 3 Lost 8 - Points 24

McGhee has a far superior record at this level than Wilkins.

No shit Sherlock, he's had more games. But who is the one with a job and who's the one still waiting?

And also, in our defeats we've still shown signs of good football, whereas with Mcgoo we were mostly shit win, lose or draw.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh my goodness, how many more times...

McGhee did well with a team he inherited...

McGhee gradually fell out with and broke up that team...

McGhee signed his own players...

We then turned shit...

Wilkins now has to rebuild that shit...

End of...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Happy Seagull said:
No shit Sherlock, he's had more games. But who is the one with a job and who's the one still waiting?

And also, in our defeats we've still shown signs of good football, whereas with Mcgoo we were mostly shit win, lose or draw.

Id rather be utter shit and win than play the best football ever know to man and lose. Its points not performances that matter

Oct 25, 2003
kestrel said:
with stevie c team and loads of luck.Mcghee was a poor manager

wouldn't really call it "coppells team"

roberts- coppell
virgo- brought through by MCGHEE
cullip-adams
butters-hinshelwood
harding-ditto virgo
hart-horton
oatway-adams
carpenter-adams
jones-adams
iwelumo-mcghee
knight-coppell

seems to really be more mcghees team than coppells?

Uncle Spielberg said:
the person above said the best McGhee would have done is get us to mid table, so we are no better off with Wilkins ???

We're far better off. We have a very young side who are getting better with experience. If we can keep the squad together, and add a couple of experienced pro's our future looks good. We also have an up and coming manager who prefers to play decent football rather than hoof it up field to a couple of midgets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here