Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accept the season is OVER

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The writing has been on the wall for some time. The ridiculous claims of people a couple of weeks ago " we will reach the play offs " has been shot down in flames and its just as well for make no mistake if this side somehow got promoted to the championship via the play offs it would get the lowest points total in a season for any side in any division. I would reckon about 15.

We need to accept the fact this side is at best a middle table Division 3 side. We have no assets, we have 3 or 4 players who have come up through the youth set up who we could sell for money, Robinson, Cox and the vastly overrated Lynch but the rest are triers no doubt but have found their level at mid table div 3. Now that is no small achievement for a team of youthers.

We will have our day out at West Ham and the inevitable 3 or 4 nil defeat and may even reach the paint pot pointless final as if anyone really cares so it has not been a season of total disaster but I still worry about Wilkins, the guy has not taken the team forward since the outrageous sacking of McGhee and I still doubt very much he is the man long term he lacks contacts and gravitas and is too buddy buddy with his boys to be dispassionate about their abilities.

Wilkins league record

Played 18 Won 7 Drawn 3 Lost 8 Points 24

I do worry with an uninspiring season of div 3 and truely shocking home form and performances in particular at the Shitedean what the renewals will be next year, little over 3000 I would think.

Just accept the fact mid/lower half div 3 is out level at the moment and this will never change now until those bastards at LDC fail and we can build our new ground.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:clap:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It was better on here when you had flounced off.

We know you think the sun shines out of Lord McGhee's ring-piece but give it a rest. I couldn't see Mark McGoon getting us as far as we have in the JPT, and playing with passion like Cox.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nottm Forest 11/10

Scunthorpe 6/1

Bristol City 6/1

Tranmere 12/1

Swansea 12/1

Oldham 12/1

Doncaster 12/1

Blackpool 12/1

Yeovil 25/1

Gillingham 50/1

Carlisle 66/1

Bradford 66/1

Port Vale 100/1

Huddersfield 100/1

Crewe 100/1

Millwall 150/1

Brighton 150/1

Rotherham 300/1

Northampton 300/1

Chesterfield 300/1

Leyton Orient 500/1

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Uncle Spielberg said:
Nottm Forest 11/10

Scunthorpe 6/1

Bristol City 6/1

Tranmere 12/1

Swansea 12/1

Oldham 12/1

Doncaster 12/1

Blackpool 12/1

Yeovil 25/1

Gillingham 50/1

Carlisle 66/1

Bradford 66/1

Port Vale 100/1

Huddersfield 100/1

Crewe 100/1

Millwall 150/1

Brighton 150/1

Rotherham 300/1

Northampton 300/1

Chesterfield 300/1

Leyton Orient 500/1
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bookies think we have a real chance of getting relegated

Stumpy Tim

We'll probably flirt with play-offs & relegation this year, but be mid-table really. And that's not a particularly bad thing IMO. If we can keep the majority of the team for next season (Cox & Lynch will go at the end of the season I reckon) then we could challenge for the play-offs next season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What I am saying is mid table/bottom half is what will happen this season all this talk about this side being potential worldbeaters is utter gash and puts more pressure on the fragile Wilkins.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Billy the Fish said:
Spielberg must be on the down part of his bi-polar depressive cycle today
:p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm happy to see Wilkins run the show. Results are so so, but it seems that most regulars can see the potential of the side. Lets face it, every week we're putting out a bunch of kids (nurtured by DW) and Guy Butters.

Mid-table will do me this year because I've come to accept that we really are a nothing club to the football world outside our own dminishing fan base. The only thing that will change that fact is a proper ground of our own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here