Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely disgraceful

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Thats away fans, they don't mind if they get home at 10pm or 11pm or midnight. Away fans are different, its a given they will stay.

Especially if they're winning 3-1 and enjoying watching the world record attempt for the fastest emptying football stadium in history:lolol::p:clap:
I parked near the Hilers rest and got home by 11

Seriously tho, what's so obvious is Southern need to get Falmer station sorted and quick, they need a 8-12 carriage platform both directions, Even better if they could put up a temp platform futher back up line for away fans??
To stop any future flash points? even a park and ride to Brighton main station for away fans would be a good idea,at least they could control the fans and put them on their platform?
Also with all that land around the stadium the local farmers need to start making some extra income and renting fields for parking on match days,weather permiting of course.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Off topic here, who would you prefer to win tonight, Palace or Saints? Just playing devils advocate....

I do have admiration for Dougie on the budget he has had to play with, but there would be something wrong with me if I wanted Palace to win. I therefore go for Stains on penalties, but with a couple of red cards for them.

The ONLY time I have been supporting Palace was in the Cup Final, due to my loathing of all things MUFC, and I did have Gary O'Reilly at 16/1 to score the first goal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tough one. Have to say I agree with El Pres and stains on pens. Lesser of two evils!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do have admiration for Dougie on the budget he has had to play with, but there would be something wrong with me if I wanted Palace to win. I therefore go for Stains on penalties, but with a couple of red cards for them.

The ONLY time I have been supporting Palace was in the Cup Final, due to my loathing of all things MUFC, and I did have Gary O'Reilly at 16/1 to score the first goal.

But with your man love for Murray that has been exhibited on here you would CHOOSE to see a happy harding over a happy glenn??

Nah - you're in denial

I personally agree and would like to see an 8 all draw both sides down to 9 men, and it to be won by one or other teams missing a penalty rather than it being saved or scored to win.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I'm all for staying til the very bitter end. As an example I have stayed until the final whistle at Brentford on 2 occasions whilst losing 4-0, singing we're gonna win 5-4.

However I do leave the ground slightly early for mid week games as its a nightmare to get home. If I miss the 22.19 train from Brighton to Clapham, I miss the last connecting train to Bracknell, therefore leaving me stranded in London. I have previously jumped on a train to Gatwick and got a cab home (£50 a pop), but its an unnecessary additional cost that can be avoided. So before you jump on my back saying I'm a disgrace for leaving early maybe you should consider the travel nightmares those of us not fortunate enough to live in this glorious city on the coast of ours have to go through. I can assure you for weekend games I can be found in the North stand until the final whistle regardless of result, before heading to the bars on the concourse to put money back into my beloved club.

As for West Ham being better fans, they can afford to stay later as trains into London run later. Fact.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
The fact that supporters attended the match when it was being shown on Sky is a Brownie point for them, even when we had much more of the game in the first half it only resulted in one shot on goal so in view of the rain and time taken to board a bus it was hardly surprising that there were many who could not see they would miss anything by leaving.

I'm all for staying til the very bitter end. As an example I have stayed until the final whistle at Brentford on 2 occasions whilst losing 4-0, singing we're gonna win 5-4.

However I do leave the ground slightly early for mid week games as its a nightmare to get home. If I miss the 22.19 train from Brighton to Clapham, I miss the last connecting train to Bracknell, therefore leaving me stranded in London. I have previously jumped on a train to Gatwick and got a cab home (£50 a pop), but its an unnecessary additional cost that can be avoided. So before you jump on my back saying I'm a disgrace for leaving early maybe you should consider the travel nightmares those of us not fortunate enough to live in this glorious city on the coast of ours have to go through. I can assure you for weekend games I can be found in the North stand until the final whistle regardless of result, before heading to the bars on the concourse to put money back into my beloved club.

As for West Ham being better fans, they can afford to stay later as trains into London run later. Fact.

Quite agree, unless living on the coastal plain, anyone west of the Brighton-Victoria line has a real problem with any form of public transport at the best of times - and for an evening game, nightmare's such as yours loom for us all (and just to get to Billingshurst!).

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

This.

It's all gone quiet in Hurstpierpoint hasn't it. What a bell-end the OP is. But then, we all knew that!

What are you talking about? Every evening game i've been to i've managed to be on a train within 25 mins!! Have you ever been to Wembley??! This 'travel nightmare' excuse for leaving early is getting a little bit embarrassing. For those that left ten minutes early last night you missed a whopping 18 minutes of a football match! That's cringe worthy. What it looks like to the away fans is that we just don't care..........................and I do!

As amazing as it is, Falmer is an absolute nightmare to get home from - better transport links needed.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OK new revenue stream. If you want to go early then you have to pay to get out. Any profits go to REMF.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To be totally honest it was absolutely embarrassing watching you lot leave early this evening. Before everyone leaps on board giving it the biggun about me not being there, no, I wasn't. I'm a student in Lincoln working my arse off for a law degree and working part time to make it happen, including a ten hour shift today, so excuse me if I don't turn up to every game. If anyone fancies paying for the part of my degree that Student Finance can't cater for regardless of the 'grants' please be my guest, but until this, I'll continue to judge as long as I like.

What the hell was everyon playing at? It was a cracking game, we were on the offensive, we were only 1 goal down and you poured out in your DROVES. Bollocks to all of your "you don't know man, you weren't there" bullshit. The fact of the matter is, 95% of you gits wouldn't of had a valid reason at ALL for leaving early other than not liking the weather, the other 5% who genuinely do need to leave 2 minutes early to get that first train otherwise you end up stranded 500 miles from home, fair enough, you can keep on going :)

You other 95%, shake your f***ing heads in shame, alternatively send me your season ticket and a big bundle of cash so I can travel and live, and I'll stay for the full 90 in your place, 1-0 & you f***ed it up seems to know where people live, so ask him for the address ;-)

If this is an example of a considered view of someone attending University then our country is doomed

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In fairness most of the same people would have been leaving if we had been winning.

People leave early. Wind your neck in and get over it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I used to leave "early" from Withdean which effectively meant watching the end of the game from the running track. Actually got used to watching the end game from a corner that it felt odd if I didn't.

That was all about catching a train up to London - so I had the best of both worlds. Never missed any action, never missed a train.

I always knew Falmer was going to different - which is why I got my self organised and joined the Mid Sussex supporters club. Basically picking up a coach at Haywards Heath, not really necessary before the game but a god send afterwards.

Now I can stroll out of the stadium after the game - guaranteed I will get home exactly an hour later than from the old place. That's good enough for me - I know exactly what time I'm getting home.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Saturday games Catch the train no problem. Night games drive to coldean lane park up walk to the amex. Home by 10.55 On Shoreham Beach.

I dont blame anyone for leaving a couple of mins early what I will say though is I dont think everyone realised that there was 8 mins extra time on the clock.

For the record I never left a game early but my son is still to young to come when he does night games will be left early.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
What are you talking about? Every evening game i've been to i've managed to be on a train within 25 mins!! Have you ever been to Wembley??! This 'travel nightmare' excuse for leaving early is getting a little bit embarrassing. For those that left ten minutes early last night you missed a whopping 18 minutes of a football match! That's cringe worthy. What it looks like to the away fans is that we just don't care..........................and I do!

Our supporters arent used to queing for anything let alone 25 mins to catch a train. So thats why a large proportion leave early. Also the Park and ride is a mare. Its purely travel. As I said before, its doesnt happen on Saturday games because people don't have to rush home.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Precisely. You choose which film you go to watch so you can see the end. You do not choose to go when you can't see the end, so why do you choose to go to a football match where you can't see the end when you could choose to watch it on tv when you could see the end.
Sorry makes no sense to me!
Just be honest and say you'd had enough and the game was over for you.
As said by many, have you gone to watch a match or support a team!

What you've posted there makes no sense to me either! On one hand your questioning people's loyalty as supporters because they've made the effort to get to the match but might have to leave a few minute's early, Then on the other hand your suggesting if people cant see the end of the match they could've stayed home and watched the match on tv. Surely being there and getting behind the team for 85 minute's or whatever people can do is being more of a supporter than staying at home and watching the game on sky?
And Yes by the time I left with about 5 minute's to go I had had enough, If you'd read my earlier post you'd have seen that I'm a disabled fan who had sat at the front of the north stand getting soaking wet and freezing cold during the game and by the time I left I was feeling very rough and painful. As well as that I also had a soaking wet son with me as my helper who had to be up early for work the next morning so for both reasons it was important to be at Brighton station in planty of time to catch the 22.33 train to Lancing. Now I dont know if you know anything about train travel on matchdays in a wheelchair but we have a bit of a system we use. Firstly at Falmer and Brighton stations the Staff, Stewards and Police allow disabled fans to bypass the queue's for safety reasons and when we get on a train they block off able bodied fans until all the disabled fans have been safely loaded on the train. In return for that we know that if the platform or the train is allready packed with fans we stay back and wait for the platform to clear and the next train to arrive as we cant expect priority all ends up and it's a case of give and take. So as I said to get the train I want from Brighton we have to be there in plenty of time as we only have 2 direct trains an hour down the coast that time of night and waiting an extra 30 mins for the next train makes a hell of a lot of difference when i'm sat there cold, Wet and feeling rough.
Now I dont really have to explain or justify myself to anybody but judgmental people like yourself who question people's loyalty as supporters make me sick because you hav'nt got the slightest clue about other people's circumstances you just like to sit behind your keyboard acting like some superfan, And as I said before you might be entitled to your opinion but as far as i'm concerned you can shove it up your arse!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What you've posted there makes no sense to me either! On one hand your questioning people's loyalty as supporters because they've made the effort to get to the match but might have to leave a few minute's early, Then on the other hand your suggesting if people cant see the end of the match they could've stayed home and watched the match on tv. Surely being there and getting behind the team for 85 minute's or whatever people can do is being more of a supporter than staying at home and watching the game on sky?
And Yes by the time I left with about 5 minute's to go I had had enough, If you'd read my earlier post you'd have seen that I'm a disabled fan who had sat at the front of the north stand getting soaking wet and freezing cold during the game and by the time I left I was feeling very rough and painful. As well as that I also had a soaking wet son with me as my helper who had to be up early for work the next morning so for both reasons it was important to be at Brighton station in planty of time to catch the 22.33 train to Lancing. Now I dont know if you know anything about train travel on matchdays in a wheelchair but we have a bit of a system we use. Firstly at Falmer and Brighton stations the Staff, Stewards and Police allow disabled fans to bypass the queue's for safety reasons and when we get on a train they block off able bodied fans until all the disabled fans have been safely loaded on the train. In return for that we know that if the platform or the train is allready packed with fans we stay back and wait for the platform to clear and the next train to arrive as we cant expect priority all ends up and it's a case of give and take. So as I said to get the train I want from Brighton we have to be there in plenty of time as we only have 2 direct trains an hour down the coast that time of night and waiting an extra 30 mins for the next train makes a hell of a lot of difference when i'm sat there cold, Wet and feeling rough.
Now I dont really have to explain or justify myself to anybody but judgmental people like yourself who question people's loyalty as supporters make me sick because you hav'nt got the slightest clue about other people's circumstances you just like to sit behind your keyboard acting like some superfan, And as I said before you might be entitled to your opinion but as far as i'm concerned you can shove it up your arse!

you tell em Bully.:thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to leave "early" from Withdean which effectively meant watching the end of the game from the running track. Actually got used to watching the end game from a corner that it felt odd if I didn't.

That was all about catching a train up to London - so I had the best of both worlds. Never missed any action, never missed a train.

I always knew Falmer was going to different - which is why I got my self organised and joined the Mid Sussex supporters club. Basically picking up a coach at Haywards Heath, not really necessary before the game but a god send afterwards.

Now I can stroll out of the stadium after the game - guaranteed I will get home exactly an hour later than from the old place. That's good enough for me - I know exactly what time I'm getting home.

Always had you down as a smart cookie CG. The coach was popular coming back. I ended up standing. Agree, it works well.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009

Dougie & Gus, both young managers working wonders under the pressure that's been put upon them.

Red cards are always good for a bit of entertainment but I think I only saw one yellow card last night, not a bad game, bit scrappy at times but both teams interchanged in midfield making it difficult to mark. I hope we get MUFC next round, just for you El :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here