Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
JonC said:
How many abortions are due to rape?

How many are due to the fact it's the 'wrong time' to have a baby?

I think the latter outweights the former.

maybe but when i was younger if had fallen pregnant at 17 -18 i probably would have had an abortion, i was living at home, at college and wasnt ready to have a child and be a responsible person and be responsible for another life.. that to me is better than struggling to bring up a child which i may have resented some way later in life. i would also certainly think if i knew my child was going to be seriously disabled in some way. if thats being selfish to you then so be it.

if i fell pregnant now it may be the same i may decide to keep it however with respect to the rest of the men on this message board, i dont really think it has f*** all to do with you as a male. you wont ever have the choice, chance to be pregnant it will never be your choice to make.

i would rather it was legal too, there are all sorts of deaths and other issues that go with illegal abortions and i am pleased we live in such a society where we have this choice.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
JonC said:
A collection of cells?!

[removed emotive picture]

There it is at TWELVE WEEKS. Abortion is legal until 24 weeks. That's not a bunch of cells. That's a life.

Again, how do you define life. You seem to discount sperm as life, yet determine that something that *look* like a developed baby is life. It cannot at that stage of development sustain itself, so is it fair to consider it life yet? I would say it is on some metrics and not on others: but compared to sperm it is the same.

Please resolve your own contradiction and lack of consistancy before preaching.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A few years ago I was living in Oklahoma, deep in the bible belt most of the people were fervent Christians, and obviously very Pro-Life.

As you can see from my posts on this thread I am Pro-Choice and this caused quite a loyt of contention while I was there.

Strange that a number of them used the Coil as a method of contraception. If they knew how it worked I wonder if they'd still use it or start trying catholic roulette.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
beorhthelm said:
Again, how do you define life. You seem to discount sperm as life, yet determine that something that *look* like a developed baby is life. It cannot at that stage of development sustain itself, so is it fair to consider it life yet? I would say it is on some metrics and not on others: but compared to sperm it is the same.

Please resolve your own contradiction and lack of consistancy before preaching.

How am I contradictory?

I've said my view. Sperm cells are not life - they're not life in much the same way as skin cells aren't life. Unless you think skin cells are life of course?

I believe that life begins at fertilisation. Who the f*** are you to say it doesn't? Who can define life? It's much the same as you believing that life begins outside the womb.

Why remove the 'emotive' picture? How the f*** is it emotive? It's a picture of a foetus at TWELVE weeks. It's the truth. It shows what happens at 12 weeks.

It's quite sad that you think your argument is so weak you saw fit to remove the only piece of fact in this whole discussion.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
caz99 said:
maybe but when i was younger if had fallen pregnant at 17 -18 i probably would have had an abortion, i was living at home, at college and wasnt ready to have a child and be a responsible person and be responsible for another life.. that to me is better than struggling to bring up a child which i may have resented some way later in life. i would also certainly think if i knew my child was going to be seriously disabled in some way. if thats being selfish to you then so be it.

if i fell pregnant now it may be the same i may decide to keep it however with respect to the rest of the men on this message board, i dont really think it has f*** all to do with you as a male. you wont ever have the choice, chance to be pregnant it will never be your choice to make.

i would rather it was legal too, there are all sorts of deaths and other issues that go with illegal abortions and i am pleased we live in such a society where we have this choice.

So, you couldn't have the kid and then give it up for abortion? And you want to have an abortion 'cos you don't want to look after the disabled kid.

ADOPTION is the option - the ONLY reason abortion exists is because people would rather kill a life than go through with a birth. A sad state of affairs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
JonC said:
How am I contradictory?

I've said my view. Sperm cells are not life - they're not life in much the same way as skin cells aren't life. Unless you think skin cells are life of course?

I believe that life begins at fertilisation. Who the f*** are you to say it doesn't? Who can define life? It's much the same as you believing that life begins outside the womb.

Why remove the 'emotive' picture? How the f*** is it emotive? It's a picture of a foetus at TWELVE weeks. It's the truth. It shows what happens at 12 weeks.

It's quite sad that you think your argument is so weak you saw fit to remove the only piece of fact in this whole discussion.

Well, I think you should know that the general concensus here is that you are just plain sad.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Dick Knights Mum said:
scaremongering bollocks.

Your opinion.

But history shows that one thing always leads to another. Abortion is becoming widely expected, it wouldn't have been some years back. Who's to say, in 200 years, Brighton fans won't be having the same deabte about killing disabled kids?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
One thing leads to another ? Sorry that's too heavy for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
JonC said:
Your opinion.

But history shows that one thing always leads to another. Abortion is becoming widely expected, it wouldn't have been some years back. Who's to say, in 200 years, Brighton fans won't be having the same deabte about killing disabled kids?

Jon, when do you get to tell us that the answer is in the Bible ?

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
JonC said:
How am I contradictory?

Probably becuase this is a football message board and not a place for those pictures or a place for you to inforce your one sided views. By posting a picture like that you are trying to force a reaction.

its the womans right to chose end of. Late abortions should definatly only be considered for medical or life threatning reasons only. Early abortions are sometimes the only choice women have.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
JonC said:
So, you couldn't have the kid and then give it up for abortion? And you want to have an abortion 'cos you don't want to look after the disabled kid.

ADOPTION is the option - the ONLY reason abortion exists is because people would rather kill a life than go through with a birth. A sad state of affairs.

not at all, i am not bothered about giving birth. no i wouldnt necessarily want to look after a badly disabled child, coming from foster care and previously lived with two downs syndrome children ages 10 and 4. they were both very ill a lot of time lots of operations etc. also the business i work in we get plenty of cases where women sue the hospital/nhs trust as they were not informed their child had a serious disability, had they been informed they would not have gone through with the pregnancy. its costs money and takes a special type of person.

i have no guilt in admitting i am not that kind of person. adoption is less straightforward than abortion. that also causes lots of issues

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
JonC said:
How am I contradictory?

I believe that life begins at fertilisation. Who the f*** are you to say it doesn't? Who can define life?

you are defining life by saying that picture is a life. therefore your views are contradictory

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
JonC said:

Please remind me why there are loads of kids in need of foster families/adoptions if there are all these people out there wanting to adopt.

E

enigma

Pro-Choice but limit should be brought down to 20 weeks or down from whatever it is now.It is the womans choice but it should b earlier to minmise the babys growth and therefore also the loss of a life.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
JonC said:
How am I contradictory?

i dont understand how you end up comparing skin cells and sperm. Sperm are multi-cellular complex organisms that move by themselves in suitable conditions and also exhibit behavioural traits. Not really similar to ski then.

You *believe* life begins at fertilisation, yet discredit the existance of life before that point: that is your contradiction. Do you not consider bacteria or viruses to be life? How about Amoeba? They dont "fertilise".

I did not say what is and isnt life, i merely asked for definition, which it appears is based on *belief* rather than scientific precendent. As i said, you can define life at different levels, and indeed there is no actuall universally agreed definition.

Last edited:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Jon, when do you get to tell us that the answer is in the Bible ?

Never. Because I'm not a Christian.

That all you can sink to? Argue with me by calling me, shock horror, a Christian?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Trotster said:
Probably becuase this is a football message board and not a place for those pictures or a place for you to inforce your one sided views. By posting a picture like that you are trying to force a reaction.

its the womans right to chose end of. Late abortions should definatly only be considered for medical or life threatning reasons only. Early abortions are sometimes the only choice women have.

Wait a minute. When has this board even been totally about football. Unless the day before, after or during the game - nearly all posts are non-football. Go and have a look. And I didn't start this debate anyway.

I love how you say I'm trying to enforce MY opinions then go on to say: 'its the womans right to chose end of'. Don't you think that may be YOUR opinion and what you've just said is a load of contradictory bollocks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here