Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abortion limit time for change ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
After several cases in which a premature baby has been born before the limit for abortion (24 weeks) the latest being the Burden twins at 23 weeks. Is it time for serious and sound debate on the case for reducing the limit ? :wave:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Need to consider abnormality exceptions though - often 22 weeks before diagnosis - nobody should carry a baby full term if it has a life limiting disease

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Need to consider abnormality exceptions though - often 22 weeks before diagnosis - nobody should carry a baby full term if it has a life limiting disease

Agreed , our first baby was diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome. My wife had an amniocentesis done at 20 weeks and we didn't get the results back for another 2 weeks. The pregnancy was terminated as we were advised that males with this genetic anomaly would only survive a few days or else would be stillborn.

After several cases in which a premature baby has been born before the limit for abortion (24 weeks) the latest being the Burden twins at 23 weeks. Is it time for serious and sound debate on the case for reducing the limit ? :wave:

Nope. Not time for a change.

Stop trying to force your views on others who disagree. It is a womans right to choose, not your's to force her to adhere to your choice.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

No thank you. Its my body, and my partner and my own choice. It is never black and white and a difficult period of time. Children born under 24 weeks really aren't meant to be born, whether they survive or not so just let the people affected decide.

No thank you. Its my body, and my partner and my own choice. It is never black and white and a difficult period of time. Children born under 24 weeks really aren't meant to be born, whether they survive or not so just let the people affected decide.

What she said except from a male point of view. It's her body, not yours. You as a male or female have every right to try to persuade her to change her mind.

You have no f***ing right on earth to try to force tede to adhere to your views.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OUch - don't they come out feet first too? Jesus, mary and joseph!

Feet first? Sounds like a Roy Keane style tackle

zebra_ani.gif

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What if SHAKESPEARE had been aborted cos his mum didn't want him!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Think about that one.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Pro-choice. Enough said......

oh, the parents choice, not anyone else's.

actually mothers first, then dad's......

that is all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What she said except from a male point of view. It's her body, not yours. You as a male or female have every right to try to persuade her to change her mind.

You have no f***ing right on earth to try to force tede to adhere to your views.
It shouldn't be based on a male or female point of view, just a medical one.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
as usual,starts of well,then slides away. However please,lets have a decent chat/board on this subject. That is all i ask.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here