Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abortion Law

Should the maximum termination stage be reduced?

• Yes

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • I still can't form my own opinion, even on something important

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
f*** Me, You're Thick. Substituting My Name For Nipple's In My Gag And You Think That's A Gas? I Bet Your Best Retort Is "I Know What You Are. Now What Am I?".

Oh Come On, Nibble. If You're Going To Flounce Do It Properly. You Remember? Like Last Time I Made You Look A Fool.

And Let's Be Clear. Scraping The Bottom Of The Barrel IS Recycling The "I Shagged Your Mum" Line. And The Gay Gags As Well I See. In Retaliation I've Raised The Bar With A Pickled Onion-Human Hybrid Joke. Don't Think I've Used That One Before So It Can't Be Old.

A Bit Rich You Telling Me That All The Intricacies Of Your Life Are Consuming Me. It Seems That Actually You Seem Obsessed With Telling People On This Board Every Part Of Your Sad Sorry Existence.The Relationship Failures, The Job Failures, The Housing Failures. Can You See A Link? If You Choose To Make It Public Knowledge Then Learn To DealWith The Consequences.

Anyway. Here's A New Joke. How Many Nibble's Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

3. 1 To Tell Someone In Maintenance, 1 to Ask The Bloke In Maintenance If There's Any Chance Of Promotion To Maintenance And Another To Go On The Web And Tell Everyone On NSC All About It.

You are a f***ing joke. I have told very few facts about my life on here. You just happen to rip it out of the few things you think you know. I have never disclosed any particularly personal info on here. Plus, I happen to know that you are unemployed so I would hesitate before you critisise others. In fact all you do is critisise others, rarely giving a decent opinion of your own. You are an ant at the picnic.

People tell all sorts of things on here yet you choose to pick up on me. This is why I think you are obsessed with me. And I am being serious. You are clearly on some kind of fanatical bent over me and I find it slightly unsettling. You need to go out into the real world and find a real boyfriend and talk to them about it because you are just coming across as a bitter, sexless, old spinster on here. This is not a joke. I really do think you are getting slightly hung up on me. This is not the place to do it. Seriously Bar, sort yourself out.

Last edited:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
You are a f***ing joke. I have told very few facts about my life on here. You just happen to rip it out of the few things you think you know. I have never disclosed any particularly personal info on here. Plus, I happen to know that you are unemployed so I would hesitate before you critisise others. In fact all you do is critisise others, rarely giving a decent opinion of your own. You are an ant at the picnic.

People tell all sorts of things on here yet you choose to pick up on me. This is why I think you are obsessed with me. And I am being serious. You are clearly on some kind of fanatical bent over me and I find it slightly unsettling. You need to go out into the real world and find a real boyfriend and talk to them about it because you are just coming across as a bitter, sexless, old spinster on here. This is not a joke. I really do think you are getting slightly hung up on me. This is not the place to do it. Seriously Bar, sort yourself out.

You're Wrong You Know. I Come Across As A Sweary, Capital Letter Obsessed Joke Poster Who Likes Winding You Up Because I Can Whereas You....Well, If That's Your Real Persona Or Anything Approaching It Then You're The One With The Real Life Problems.

Ta Ta, Nibs. My Work Here Is Done.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're Wrong You Know. I Come Across As A Sweary, Capital Letter Obsessed Joke Poster Who Likes Winding You Up Because I Can Whereas You....Well, If That's Your Real Persona Or Anything Approaching It Then You're The One With The Real Life Problems.

Ta Ta, Nibs. My Work Here Is Done.

You do wind me up and equally I enjoy responding. You have no work to do.

Dandyman

In London village.
Talk of reducing the maximum length for termination from 24 weeks. I have to say its something that's never involved me so I never really thought too much about it but I can't believe people are allowed to have an abortion at a stage when babies that are born could survive.

I've always felt people have the right to decide but it should never be at such a stage when the child is pretty much fully formed.

Whats the NSC opinion?

Virtually no foetus born before 24 weeks survives any length of time.

The debate about the time limit is, of course, a red herring as very few abortions take place at late term. The real intention is to undermine the concept of choice of the issue and substitute religous and political dogma in place of the well being and safety of women.

Ask yourself a very simple question - if it was your partner/wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/daughter would you want them or the Bishop of Rome to make the decision?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The debate about the time limit is, of course, a red herring as very few abortions take place at late term. The real intention is to undermine the concept of choice of the issue and substitute religous and political dogma in place of the well being and safety of women.

Ask yourself a very simple question - if it was your partner/wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/daughter would you want them or the Bishop of Rome to make the decision?

Top post. Sums up my attitude to it.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Agree completely-there are very few abortions performed after a 20 week limit also so there is a non existant problem that is trying to be addressed.

There is no problem with the current laws so why spend time and money trying to fix it when there are so many other problems that should be of a higher priority.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think it depends on the situation. My wife had to have an abortion after 6 and a half weeks as it was eptopic and would have killed her so for that reason it ws just ( although totally heartbreaking to us ).
They say that a childs heart starts beating at six weeks so for me that is when you should no longer be allowed to abort unless the circumstances mean that your partner is at risk of death themselves.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Just watching this on the news now and WHY OH WHY do the idiots people elect as MP'S get to f***ing decide

Why can't this come down to the GMC with all it's expertise??

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

One in five that are born around 24 weeks DO survive, though.

One MP (reported on the news this evening, talking in Parliament) said that an aborted baby boy was spluttering for air when it was delivered. That's a f***ing horrible thought :nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
One MP (reported on the news this evening, talking in Parliament) said that an aborted baby boy was spluttering for air when it was delivered. That's a f***ing horrible thought :nono:

Horrific if its true, but the anti-abortionists used to claim similar here - all lies. Once claimed that you could hear early term abortions (which are done chemically) scream, for instance. I'd like to hear a doctor say it rather than an MP...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Horrific if its true, but the anti-abortionists used to claim similar here - all lies. Once claimed that you could hear early term abortions (which are done chemically) scream, for instance. I'd like to hear a doctor say it rather than an MP...

Why would it not be true? We know that babies born at 24 weeks can survive so it makes sense that one aborted at that time, would try albeit for a very short time to breath.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

This MP said she held the cardboard kidney bowl as the foetus was placed into it, so sounds like she really was there. But it may not necessarily have been what she thought it was.

Still, just remembering what my little boy Jamie was like when his foetus was only 12 weeks old (see my earlier post on page 3, I think) has made me feel a lot more uneasy about abortions in general.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why would it not be true? We know that babies born at 24 weeks can survive so it makes sense that one aborted at that time, would try albeit for a very short time to breath.

Because I'd presume the fetus/baby is killed before its removed from the uterus? Not having been there or having any likelyhood of being there I'm not sure obviously.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Votes have all come in, as DougDeep hoped for, there were amendments for4 different lengths..

In the end, the status quo has remained at 24 weeks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought a drop of a week or two would have been a good idea. A fair few babies survive when born at 24 weeks now.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

I've always admired your cogent arguments Dandyman but not here I'm sorry to say. Could you please supply evidence why this is ONLY a religious issue. As you know I am religious but I an not totally anti-abortion because to be so ignores the reality of the world we live in. You talk about foetus not surviving before 24 weeks and you are right but will that be the case in the future? Secondly you say there are very very few abortions late term. Again I would agree with you. However, that misses the point. The point, as ELS made, is that on a scan today you can see a living being inside a woman's body at 16 weeks and anyone who is a father or a mother finds it hard to come to terms with a being like that having their life terminated when sometimes the only reason is that the mother or father can't be bothered.

Yes I know this is not the whole story andf you may pertinantly ask whether it is fair to bring an unwanted child into the world but I ask you, should you be given that decision?

I take a totalyl non-religious position on this and say I think it should be reduced but with exceptions. Ones that spring to mind are serious mental disablilty, very low chance of surviving, results of rape etc but I leave that up to better people than me to draw the boundaries.

Dandyman

In London village.
Shame, I do think 20 or 22 weeks would've been better. Ho hum.

Sorry, don't agree and I think for once Parliament made the right decision.

IMO if we actually want to reduce the number of abortions we should follow the Dutch example and make sure that sex education is a statutory part of the curriculum. Of course, Mr Cormac Murphy O'Connor and his ilk won't like that either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here