Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abortion Law

Should the maximum termination stage be reduced?

• Yes

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • I still can't form my own opinion, even on something important

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
What the f*** has religion got to do with it??

Scientists not politicians or religions dhould decide

Really? Just Because Scientists Can Do Things Doesn't Necessarily Mean They Should. I Dare Say There's A Scientist Out There That Wouldn't Mind Creating A Pickled Onion - Human Hybrid.

And They'd Call It Nibble.

Probably.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Maybe "reasonable" was the wrong choice of word. I meant that by reducing the maximum time for a termination the result would presumably be less abortions, ergo being anti-abortion, that is a good thing.

I see your logic-it would be interesting to find out what the statistics are in relation to when most abortions are performed. One downside of lowering the limit is in the area of babies being born with genetic conditions. If parents find out at say a 16-18 week scan that their unborn child has a birth condition that raises the chances of being stillborn perhaps, they have only 2-4 weeks to make a decision on how to procede. Surely it is only fair that in certain circumstances the 24 week limit is still kept?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I see your logic-it would be interesting to find out what the statistics are in relation to when most abortions are performed. One downside of lowering the limit is in the area of babies being born with genetic conditions. If parents find out at say a 16-18 week scan that their unborn child has a birth condition that raises the chances of being stillborn perhaps, they have only 2-4 weeks to make a decision on how to procede. Surely it is only fair that in certain circumstances the 24 week limit is still kept?

True. I guess it could also see an increase in illegal "back street abortions".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A good thread being marred by childish ramblings.

Prior to having become a father I would have voted "No" to any reduction, but now I've been through the pregnancy experience my heart says vote for a reduction.

Let's be clear about the key issue, which is a child with defects / disability / illness. No parent would take the decision to abort at 24 weeks lightly, so if they've gone through that agony before deciding to terminate the my head says let them do so.

I know a woman who aborted at 23 weeks. The father was convicted of rape and is currently doing a long stretch inside. I know it was a difficult decision, I know why she took it and I'm glad she had the option. Having a blood tie to that animal for the rest of her life would have been difficult at best.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really? Just Because Scientists Can Do Things Doesn't Necessarily Mean They Should. I Dare Say There's A Scientist Out There That Wouldn't Mind Creating A Pickled Onion - Human Hybrid.

And They'd Call It Nibble.

Probably.

Scraping the bottom of the barrell a bit today aren't you Barse? Firstthe old favourite, a cleaning joke, then the retard stuff and now you are actually calling me a pickled onion.

Perhaps if you actually had a life you could have some new shit happen to you and you would have something else to talk about rather than follow me around spouting the same old crap, same tired old jokes. Perhaps if you could get a man to f*** you you would lighten up and stop focussing on the perceived shortcomings of others. Your obvious jealousy of me choosing to make a go of my life, how I choose, is consuming you.

You get too wrapped up in your idea of how things should be, as we all do from time to time but you let the morality and the common story of the many, determine how you live your life. Some people let others make their minds up for them. They let others choose their lifestyles for them from the jobs they hate to the marriages they want to leave. And you can have it all as far as I'm concerned. You can have my helping too. I'd rather do what I want and fail miserably than go your way and succeed.

Now get some new jokes. You are boring me.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
It is sickening/disgraceful that there are so many abortions at the cost of the taxpayer.

Thats a potentially very offensive very generalised comment to make! I think you should have clarified why you feel that way when you made the post.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
A good thread being marred by childish ramblings.

Prior to having become a father I would have voted "No" to any reduction, but now I've been through the pregnancy experience my heart says vote for a reduction.

Let's be clear about the key issue, which is a child with defects / disability / illness. No parent would take the decision to abort at 24 weeks lightly, so if they've gone through that agony before deciding to terminate the my head says let them do so.

I know a woman who aborted at 23 weeks. The father was convicted of rape and is currently doing a long stretch inside. I know it was a difficult decision, I know why she took it and I'm glad she had the option. Having a blood tie to that animal for the rest of her life would have been difficult at best.

Exactly, it is VERY difficult to make such a decision, I think it is a hard one to call but women DONT take the decisions lightly and it is wrong to think of it like that.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes. I personally do not agree with abortion at all, except possibly in the most extreme of cases, where the baby may be seriously disabled, have brain damage, etc, or if it is putting the mothers life seriously at risk. No one has the right to take anothers life (which is basically what abortion is doing). We were all inside the womb at one point and if one of us had been aborted we would have never got the chance to live life! Any slag who has drunkenly got knocked up should not be allowed to just get rid of the problem by having an abortion. If they do not want it, then fine get it adopted, but the unborn child should not have to suffer as a consequence of the parents actions.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think it is totally the choice of the woman. Not everyone who gets pregnanat with a baby they don't want is a drunken slag.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think it is totally the choice of the woman. Not everyone who gets pregnanat with a baby they don't want is a drunken slag.

Yes, I know that, but I was just giving an example. Choice of the women .. what about the Father's rights? I know I would go livid if my girlfriend got pregnant and then had an abortion without considering my feelings at all.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yes. I personally do not agree with abortion at all, except possibly in the most extreme of cases, where the baby may be seriously disabled, have brain damage, etc, or if it is putting the mothers life seriously at risk. No one has the right to take anothers life (which is basically what abortion is doing). We were all inside the womb at one point and if one of us had been aborted we would have never got the chance to live life! Any slag who has drunkenly got knocked up should not be allowed to just get rid of the problem by having an abortion. If they do not want it, then fine get it adopted, but the unborn child should not have to suffer as a consequence of the parents actions.

Pray tell what experience you have of adoption? I think if you speak to anyone who has given up a child for adoption they will tell you that they agonised over it in much the same way someone who chose an abortion did.

There is also the blatant disregard for the fact that there are not enough people wanting or who are able to adopt currently so if every unwated child was put up for adoption then there would be a hell of a lot of kids in the care of already stretched social services!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well of cours eit should be discussed with the man but are you saying you would force a partner to go through a pregnanacy and birth and raising a child they didnt want?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
A number of women use abortion as birth control. In the paper yesterday it was revealed how many women have had EIGHT abortions.

I'm not saying there should be a limit on the amount of abortions someone has but 8 is rather extreme.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Personally I am generally anti-abortion, so I guess a reduction is a reasonable idea. However, as I am male, and it never has, and is never likely to affect me personally, I am not sure my opinion counts for much really.
:shrug:

Sorry but it could affect you personally. It still currently takes a male and female to create a baby and in normal circumstances you should have a say in its life or death.

It also affects your rights as a father generally. FFS men don't need their rights as fathers watered down any more than they already are.

They want abortion to be easy and a womans right NOT to give rights to women but rather to REMOVE rights from men. The long term plan is to deny fathers a right to family life.

Very soon they will try and make it so that a fathers name does not have to be on the birth certificate.

Remember this - you may find it useful later on in life.

Whoever gets the Child Benefit is the carer of the children and get ALL the benefits that go with that. If you have more than one child they can split the benefit but not equally.

Consequently you can equally or less look after your kids, pay for your kids, house your kids and feed your kids but in the eyes of the law you are a secondary parent to the one that gets the Child benefit.

Family Law in this country is a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here