Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There’s no chance Rangers will pay £7m for him they don’t have the funds. £2-3m and a deal will get done but Rangers won’t pay more than that.
They can - they've paid more than that in the past, so they wouldn't be breaking any records. My question was, whether they will.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As things stand Celtic are going to walk the SPL this season. Rangers need the Sima signing so badly. He is worth £7 mill of anyone's money. If they haven't got it then surely a German, Dutch, French or Turkish club has?

These are dark days for the Gers.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
They can - they've paid more than that in the past, so they wouldn't be breaking any records. My question was, whether they will.
They did pay more than £7m twice... 22 years ago and 25 years ago.
They don't have the finances to pay £7m for a single player today. So the answer to your question is "no, they won't".

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
They did pay more than £7m twice... 22 years ago and 25 years ago.
They don't have the finances to pay £7m for a single player today. So the answer to your question is "no, they won't".

Spot on, not a chance they have £7m to spend on one player. Rangers want Sima but won’t pay more than £2m-£3m. With a year left I’m not sure £7m is achievable anyway.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Pretty sure we’ve covered most the outlay on him on loan fees and wages covered. Let the kid go to play Mickey Mouse football for a relatively cheap fee and it’s probably break evenish overall. Happy days, they can’t all make us mega bucks.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

They’ve paid more than that once.

Their record transfer fee is about £12m for Tore Andre Flo, that was 24 years ago. Their next highest is £6.5m for Michael Ball in 2001 and Ryan Kent in 2019. So them spending £7m on Sima seems highly unlikely as he’d be their second biggest ever signing and the highest made by the club since the original club was liquidated in 2012.

*figures taken from Wikipedia who sourced from BBC reports.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Rangers chairman has been very vocal about transfer fees and how he isn’t going to repeat the same problems they’ve had before.

They won’t overpay or spend money they don’t have so we would probably be better off with a couple of million and a chunky sell on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two more friendlies to go.

I’d be surprised if he (and quite a few youth team players on the Japan trip) get another game.

The Euros players must surely be returning to training soon. They are going to need minutes prior to Everton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Worth remembering that he was being tracked by both the Manchester clubs and others before joining us.

There is a player in there somewhere. Good luck to the lad
with two second half 25 minute cameos under his belt in Japan and being replaced both times, I suggest there maybe a player in there, but he showed nothing in Japan to suggest it would be with us, as you say good luck, and thank you very much, time to get our money back.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
with two second half 25 minute cameos under his belt in Japan and being replaced both times, I suggest there maybe a player in there, but he showed nothing in Japan to suggest it would be with us, as you say good luck, and thank you very much, time to get our money back.
You may have mis-interpreted my post.

He certainly has no future with us and it is un-likely we will get our money back(£7 m?). Not all our purchases work out.

I meant good luck to the lad wherever he goes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here