Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Didn’t really notice him during his two friendly appearances.

We are so stacked in forward positions, I’d imagine that Rangers will be given the green light soon.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Subbed off as a sub and not cos he was injured is never a good thing so hope we can eek a few quid more out of someone for him

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn’t really notice him during his two friendly appearances.

We are so stacked in forward positions, I’d imagine that Rangers will be given the green light soon.
The general view from Rangers supporters is that as a footballer he's a bit Bambi on ice who doesn't do much - except score goals, which he's been doing pretty regularly. I think they'd like to have him back.
Stumbling block is that we paid around £7M for him - recouping that is going to be difficult.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The general view from Rangers supporters is that as a footballer he's a bit Bambi on ice who doesn't do much - except score goals, which he's been doing pretty regularly. I think they'd like to have him back.
Stumbling block is that we paid around £7M for him - recouping that is going to be difficult.
If he scores goals, possibly a little easier? 😃

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Not sure he should be played in a target man roll, as he has been on the Japanese tour. He prefers to go at a team usually from wide. He did this very well in the games for Rangers. Without injury he would have hit over 20 goals. Not too shabby even in that league. Problem is we have loads of wide attackers. He is still young . One to develop in my opinion.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
For accounting/profit reporting purposes, he has one year left on his four year contract. Therefore anything over £1.75m would be a PSR profit with the rest having already been amortised. This doesn’t take into account any loan fees we’ve received from Rangers in addition to or in lieu of wage contributions.

I’ve noticed you get very bogged down in making a perceived profit on every transfer, based on the fee we originally paid compared against the fee we later receive. I think you don’t need to worry about this so much, all that matters is PSR accounting from the club’s perspective. Not every transfer is going to be like Caicedo or Cucurella where we flip a player for a notional 10,000% return on investment.

Each season of amortisation is budgeted to be spent, including one year of Sima (£1.75m) and everyone else.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
For accounting/profit reporting purposes, he has one year left on his four year contract. Therefore anything over £1.75m would be a PSR profit with the rest having already been amortised. This doesn’t take into account any loan fees we’ve received from Rangers in addition to or in lieu of wage contributions.

I’ve noticed you get very bogged down in making a perceived profit on every transfer, based on the fee we originally paid compared against the fee we later receive. I think you don’t need to worry about this so much, all that matters is PSR accounting from the club’s perspective. Not every transfer is going to be like Caicedo or Cucurella where we flip a player for a notional 10,000% return on investment.

Each season of amortisation is budgeted to be spent, including one year of Sima (£1.75m) and everyone else.

Rangers would deffo pay £2m for him, he’s liked a lot by the management and fans. If he was made available for that sort of money and wanted to go a deal would get done pretty quickly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tallies with the ciew of a Rangers fan I know. He’s slightly baffled by Sima’s ability in front of goal as otherwise he looks short of the standard we’d require.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Tallies with the ciew of a Rangers fan I know. He’s slightly baffled by Sima’s ability in front of goal as otherwise he looks short of the standard we’d require.
Same here - my Rangers supporting mate has said he doesn't think his general play is good enough for the Premier League but he knows where the net is. Could end up like Pukki at Norwich - not quite good enough for the top division but lethal at a slightly lower level.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We've got so many difficult decisions to make on our squad.

But this is one of the easy ones. Not quite there. But wish the fella all the best and hope we can get a few quid and of course, the ubiquitous sell on option including wherever we send him to.

Easy to forget, that when we bought this fella we were only looking for someone who might be good enough to keep us up. Now we're looking higher

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Rangers would deffo pay £2m for him, he’s liked a lot by the management and fans. If he was made available for that sort of money and wanted to go a deal would get done pretty quickly.
Given his goalscoring record surely we should be looking for more than 2m for him.

Try to break even on our 7m outlay and be done with it imo, even if that's not with Rangers.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Whether he is good enough for us is still to be confirmed, but the way we are playing with Mitouma, Welbz, Minteh, Osman and Yalcouye all criuss crossing and coming in from wide positions, makes me think any number 9 position, whether it be sima, Fergy or O'Mahoney, would struggle to a) get service and b) score. Maybe we are a team that is so fluid, conventional number 9 roles are superfluous?

Just thinking that , at the moment anyway.

and we still have Pedro to come.....

Riches beyond all belief!

TNBA

TTF

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Would have needed to stand out a lot the last week and he didn't (in the games at least). Couple of million pounds and a sell-on looks likely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Noticed he gave the ball away cheaply a few times on Sunday, one pass he made from the edge of their box with his back to goal went a mile astray, and led to a dangerous counter-attack. I've really not seen enough of him to just write him off, but unlike most of the other forwards who really seized their chance (Ayari, Buananotte, Sarmiento and the newbies), Sima looked short of the quality we now have. And with the sheer number of options we've got, it looks like he will probably miss out (from the little I've seen).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Noticed he gave the ball away cheaply a few times on Sunday, one pass he made from the edge of their box with his back to goal went a mile astray, and led to a dangerous counter-attack. I've really not seen enough of him to just write him off, but unlike most of the other forwards who really seized their chance (Ayari, Buananotte, Sarmiento and the newbies), Sima looked short of the quality we now have. And with the sheer number of options we've got, it looks like he will probably miss out (from the little I've seen).
That's the trouble. He doesn't look very good (he isn't) except when he scores a goal ................................. which he does quite a lot! He played for what, half of the second half in both matches, and in that limited time he didn't score, so all we saw was the bad bits.
I do agree, though, that he's one to sell, but he has got that £7M price tag round his neck. We won't make a profit, I don't expect, but I guess we'd want to recoup what we spent. Rangers can afford that. Will they though?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i actually think hes a decent footballer, we are just so stacked in that area that moving him on is the right thing to do if a suitable bid comes in

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
That's the trouble. He doesn't look very good (he isn't) except when he scores a goal ................................. which he does quite a lot! He played for what, half of the second half in both matches, and in that limited time he didn't score, so all we saw was the bad bits.
I do agree, though, that he's one to sell, but he has got that £7M price tag round his neck. We won't make a profit, I don't expect, but I guess we'd want to recoup what we spent. Rangers can afford that. Will they though?
Seriously doubt they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here