Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s hope he doesn’t bang his head on the door heading out on loan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two observations.

The club has done very will to keep this quiet until the day before they (potentially) pull off the deal.

The club have left it very late to organise any reported loan, why are they doing this deal so late in the window for essentially, a development player?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Two observations.

The club has done very will to keep this quiet until the day before they (potentially) pull off the deal.

The club have left it very late to organise any reported loan, why are they doing this deal so late in the window for essentially, a development player?

Sounds like Slavia have significantly dropped their asking price.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Going back to the main topic of this thread and why Andy Naylor in unpopular:
- he’s extremely patronizing to supporters … don’t bite the hand that feeds you
- he’s demonstrated time and again and arrogance of “in the know” - whilst never really being in the know… the classic being the Bobby not happening story
- he doesn’t support the Albion first
- he was sneeringly unpleasant to me some 25- 30 yrs ago when he was first sitting in the press box learning his trade
- he doesn’t offer any particular insights into the game that you can’t get from hackneyed supporters - no superior insights into the game, Potter’s tactics, set ups etc

So he has stayed in the time he believes of a revered journalist… at least have the unbridled enthusiasm like a kid at Christmas like Richie Mills if you can’t offer anything else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Two observations.

A loan to USG could be organised instantly if needed.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
- he’s demonstrated time and again and arrogance of “in the know” - whilst never really being in the know… the classic being the Bobby not happening story
- he was sneeringly unpleasant to me some 25- 30 yrs ago when he was first sitting in the press box learning his trade
- he doesn’t offer any particular insights into the game that you can’t get from hackneyed supporters - no superior insights into the game, Potter’s tactics, set ups etc

So he has stayed in the time he believes of a revered journalist… at least have the unbridled enthusiasm like a kid at Christmas like Richie Mills if you can’t offer anything else.

Never warmed to him after John Vinicombe.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Two observations.

Slavia Prague got knocked out of the qualifying stage of the CL, and they needed to raise money quickly.
I'd doubt it was on before that, but it would have been one of many developments the club would have been keeping their eye on. I've said it several times before, there will be plenty of players available today. Whether we sign one (or, more particularly, a forward) is an entirely different matter.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I remember he was a guest on The Albion Roar a year or so back. Unfortunately for Andy he doesn't come across as a particularly interesting guy! Also, his articles in The Athletic are fairly mediocre....there is no real insight, no depth, not much particularly new. I'm only paying the £1/month subscription at the moment, but I get infinitely more insight from reading NSC, so will cancel The Athletic when the offer ends. I'm sure it's not easy reporting on The Albion when the club clearly keeps most things close to their chest. But there's a staggering amount of data out there nowadays, and a decent journalist could turn that into a heap of interesting stories. And there must be LOADS of interesting stuff to write about the way the club's long term strategy is developing, the academy, the development route for young players, etc, etc.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Let’s hope he doesn’t bang his head on the door heading out on loan

Personally, unless their is some other striker coming in, I would say we are mad loaning him out.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Personally, unless their is some other striker coming in, I would say we are mad loaning him out.

You think it’s mad we loan out a 20 year old who has played a handful of games and who none of us have even seen play?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This feels very Andi Zeqiri.

We sign players in the hope we can sell them on for a profit. That’s absolutely obvious now. Thinking these guys will immediately stroll in to the first team is utter madness given time and time and time again that’s been proven not to be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here