Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) broken leg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've seen it, and cringed. Look at the picture, and cringed. Watched the challenge again and think that Shawcross is just doing what he does, tough tackling but going 100% for the ball and showing commitment and determination to get there. The injury is very unfortunate, and I think Shawcross himself isn't helped by being nudged by Bendtner as he makes the challenge, it puts him off balance and less in control of the tackle. He's very unlucky, Shawcross, and he certainly doesn't deserve to be vilified or anything like it. He's unlucky, and his reaction probably has saved him from the wrath of Wenger and the moral high horse brigade. Poor chap.

But Christ, poor Aaron Ramsey. Amazingly talented young football, he is going to be a massive star. This will just delay the inevitable. His performance against Scotland for Wales was just sensational, his goal that day was true individual brilliance. Quality footballer, absolutely gutted for him. Get well soon, chap.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why its true. :shrug:

Well, off the top of my head, I can think of three deaths (an uncle of a friend and brother of a former Sussex cricketer), an assisted suicide (a friend of a friend) as a result of being paralysed and numerous neck breaks.

The sports should not be compared when it comes to injuries.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
_47387837_ramsey.jpg

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Shawcross in England squad ...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I have watched it and I think it was just an unfortunate accident - if anything Ramsey's fault as he went steaming in but of course wenger will be demanding the execution of Richard Shawcross.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I have watched it and I think it was just an unfortunate accident - if anything Ramsey's fault as he went steaming in but of course wenger will be demanding the execution of Richard Shawcross.

and for him to drop out of the England squad. :facepalm:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
There are FAR more serious injuries in football than Rugby. And they say Rugby is the Man's game.

yeah but in football they cry and roll around on the floor if the get hit in the face and rugby the carry on with bloody faces and broken fingers or whatever so yes it is a harder and more of a man's game if you ask me :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
yeah but in football they cry and roll around on the floor if the get hit in the face and rugby the carry on with bloody faces and broken fingers or whatever so yes it is a harder and more of a man's game if you ask me :)

I roll around the floor with men piled on top of me..what do you do? :rolleyes: :safeway2:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
A fiver says Wenger doesn't see it that way...

Sorry, but is that really the primary issue here? This poor young lad has suffered a serious setback in his potentially brilliant football career. Of course things will be said in the heat of the moment, but you can't deny that Arsenal have been unlucky to be on the receiving end of 3 horrendous leg breaks in 5 years. Yes, of course they are going to blame other people, but I guess its easy to be completely dispassionate about such a shocking episode less than an hour after it happened? Take your boring agenda elsewhere please

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats a freak accident in a common tackling situation....Obviously there is some poor chap in A&E waiting for the operating theatre right now who won't know til tomorrow whether he'll play again and another chap who knows he caused it. What a horrible situation.

That photo Bozza posted is interesting, it looks like its before the contact?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here