Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mclean rumour picks up pace...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be happy with him to be honest, thought he looked good against us, although not tall he still hold the ball up quite well.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Thanks for the link. I thought they would be quite keen to off load him. Definitely sounds like a CMS type player in that he hasn't scored much all season but works hard and endlessly harries defenders. As you say I have no idea what a reasonable figure for him would be. How long left on his contract?
He has 2 and a half years left, so it seems quite an ambitious one on our part.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I'd be happy with a striker who fulfilled the criteria below

1: match fit
2: can try and hold ball up a bit
3: we don't have to pay over the odds for
4: isn't Ashley Barnes

1: check
2: check
3: ?
4: check

Just 3 to worry about

Sam Vokes may fill all criteria just as well

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know it's only media speculation at this stage helped by the previous McLean / CMS partnership - but I would be happy if we get him (and Reyes) in the transfer window.

McLean might be more affordable than many options and a very sensible option given his experience with CMS and vice versa. Hopefully we have now learned that you cannot just parachute in misc. striker (Paynter) and expect him to gel. Of course it would help if Gus then sets the team up to play to their strengths.

I still have high hopes for Hoskins but sadly his injury means he has effectively lost half a season and might not get fully match fit for a few weeks. Plus Barnes has lost his mojo. Maybe Adgestein now has a chance.

I note one Hull forum feels it could be good business for them although McLean seems to be coming back into favour so Barmby may not play ball.

Don't think we need more signings than that for now. We have some very promising youngsters. We just need a fit squad to gel, rediscover some consistent form and don't think we will be far off the playoffs by the end of the season. A top third finish would be about right.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If they signed him for 1mil and he's not done a great deal for them since and they wouldn't mind letting him go. 500k would be fair right? If 700k is a 'bite your hand off' offer for Noone........

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd be very happy if this is true. I thought he looked very useful against us.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Thought we were building a team around CMS ? these 2 can play together so may be a good idea. Still think we need height as an alternative but could be a bench player. With JFS and possibly Vicente could be a lethal attack force.

Dec 29, 2011
That`s right cos he was absolute pony for Peterborough ???

Peterborough play attacking football in a totally different style. Look how many goals CMS got for them. They play out 5 and 6 goal thrillers regularly so you'd expect their front men to score lots of goals. I'd prefer to go on a mates judgement who had a season ticket for 8 seasons rather than some guy on a forum who has Wikipedia'd him and seen his goal to game ratio.

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
Hes not a proven championship player. As with cms he will bag you plenty of goals in league 1 and 2 but not in the championship. I hope im wrong but I honestly think this will be a bad move for him and the club. He doesn't suit the gus style of play and again he is too short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here