Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mclean rumour picks up pace...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Unless Noone or Dunk are sold, where is the the money going to come from ? Poyet has already said not to expect big signings this window. My guess is Vokes or similar on loan.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's funny how people very quickly decide one way or the other whether a player is really good, as people seem to have assumed Sam Vokes it, or really not very good at all, like Aaron McLean. He didn't score the goals he scored for being a bad player, I would be more than happy if we signed him. Championship pedigree, and capable of scoring regularly if given the chances, and given CMS alongside him.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I think he would fit into our style very well. Already has a proven understanding with CMS, holds it up well and can shoot. In fact all the things that Murray could do. He doesn't need to be a 6ft plus giant because we don't lump it up in the air anyway. Just because he hasn't set the world on fire at Hull, doesn't mean he is a bad player. Hull fans are used to bigger and better things after their flirtation with the Prem. could definitely do a job for us.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Maybe height isn't a problem. Neither Kaz, Noone or Buckley tend to put in high crosses. They only come from corners/free kicks when we have Greer/Dunk etc in the mix. Might be an interesting signing.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thought we were building a team around CMS ? these 2 can play together so may be a good idea. Still think we need height as an alternative but could be a bench player. With JFS and possibly Vicente could be a lethal attack force.

Who?!?!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
or his dad...
donmclean.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would be really pleased if we signed him. Looked really good against us and his past record with CMS can only be a good thing, especially as Gus has said he plans to build the team around him.

I also note one of the posts on their forum says he defends really well from the front so with him and CMS (who is absolutely superb at that) up front I would expect us to concede less as well as scoring more.

If we could get him and Reyes on loan until the end of the season with a view to permanent deals in the summer I would be delighted with the transfer window. A keeper would be a bonus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Naylor just said in reference to this rumour, there's many players Poyet would like but can't afford dur to money spent in Summer. He added mostly looking at loans, Vokes was rumoured to be a loan so maybe more substance in that.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Player power will factor into the price, if he wants to go then he will.

i'm sure CMS has had words with him as well, i'd be happy with him playing for us

Lush

Mods' Pet
[yt]zG6qf1u8fyY[/yt]

He'll have to curtail the knee slides on the Amex pitch. And was that Hinshelwood having a hissy fit about four goals in?

Watching that, and bearing in mind the goals were mostly against lower league opposition, I'm not sure I'd want to pay money for him. A loan might be good.

Billy_Britain_HCAFC

Jan 10, 2012
Rumour has it that Aaron McLean is available, if a serious bid is tabled..

This surprises me as I rate the fella.. not prolific at this level, but his attitude & work rate more than make up for a perceived lack of composure/quality.. he'd do all the donkey work for CMS and make him look good again..

London boy, so Brighton would tick some boxes..

Like I say.. we don't need to sell and wouldn't want him to leave, but if a £1million+ bid came in that would help finance a stab at say Billy Sharp then I think Nick Barmby could go for it..

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Football 365 have the rumour that we're trying to get Dave Kitson on loan

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Rumour has it that Aaron McLean is available, if a serious bid is tabled..

This surprises me as I rate the fella.. not prolific at this level, but his attitude & work rate more than make up for a perceived lack of composure/quality.. he'd do all the donkey work for CMS and make him look good again..

London boy, so Brighton would tick some boxes..

Like I say.. we don't need to sell and wouldn't want him to leave, but if a £1million+ bid came in that would help finance a stab at say Billy Sharp then I think Nick Barmby could go for it..

Thanks for the Hull insight Billy. Is Sharp not off to Leicester then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here