Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don’t think I’ve wanted a player to fail more than Connelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like him to come back with a better attitude and scoring more goals. I think the two may well be linked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't really get people saying Connolly doesn't look like he gives a shit on the pitch. I've always thought he looks like he's trying and gives everything, he's just out of his depth. The off-field stuff is where it looks like he doesn't care.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I don't really get people saying Connolly doesn't look like he gives a shit on the pitch. I've always thought he looks like he's trying and gives everything, he's just out of his depth. The off-field stuff is where it looks like he doesn't care.

I totally agree.

If anything, he looks like he’s trying too hard sometimes

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

100% agree. If you think he's not trying, you're either not watching or maybe have another agenda to push. I've said this loads, but watching Connolly for us is just as frustrating as watching CMS: Bags of pace, plays off the shoulder, makes loads of runs in behind, but the problem is we don't play with a system that uses those qualities to their full effect.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I really hope that Connolly pulls things together and gets his career back on track - despite everything you have to wish the best for the kid (and he is still a kid) and hope he ultimately fulfills his potential.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I really hope that Connolly pulls things together and gets his career back on track - despite everything you have to wish the best for the kid (and he is still a kid) and hope he ultimately fulfills his potential.

And, from the Albion point of view, it makes no sense to give up on a player who showed the potential that he did at u21 level until absolutely every avenue has been exhausted. Natural goalscorers don't grow on trees, as we know only too well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree.

His movement is actually very good, made a difference when he came on at Southampton

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Natural goalscorers don't grow on trees, as we know only too well.

What about Jimmy Leaves? ???

AA925E34-4452-4E41-9780-13662E48AC59.jpeg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here