Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh my damn wife...!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There has to be worse than this.

My pregnant wife is keen to move (as am i) back to Brighton before the baby is born. We had a quick look on the internet and found a not too expensive 3 bed house that we can afford (for slightly more than our one bed flat in the smoke). I am resigned to the fact that it would be tactless to demand to go to huddersfield away, but at least i was looking forward to an afternoon in front of the comuter with seagulls world on while the wife has an afternoon power nap.So i suggested hey lets go and have a look in the early morning sat.......So here i am sat at my desk in sunny London enjoying free St Georges day bacon butties....When i receive an email from the wife informing me she has scheduled a viewing at 16.20pm sat ..........aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhh :eek:

How long does a viewing take...?
should i make up an excuse.......?
should i sabotage the car....?

There must be worse bad timing stories......

also what is Elm drive like in Hove good area or Not, any info or suggestions please.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
divorce.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
You just haven't trained her right, have you? Surely she should know by now that Saturday 3-5 is a sacred time?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
er...if you are in Brighton on saturday you will just need a small transistor radio discreetly plugged into the ear tuned to BBC sussex as you wander round the viewing, saying um and nodding every now and then, as there will be no need to listen on the interweb?

Just a thought like

Contact her and tell her that unless she changes it to an earlier viewing both she and your future child will find there belongings on the front garden when she gets back from having said child. Obviously won't work if you go for a home birth. failing that feign severe memory loss and find yourself pitchside on Saturday. Good luck.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Elm Drive. Not bad, good solid pre war houses. A few shops with a green in the middle part of the road. Fairley respectable area, with the Grenadier Pub and more shops a short distance away. You have not been charged for this information.
A pocket radio and earpiece 95.3 or 94.8 for Radio Sussex.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
er...if you are in Brighton on saturday you will just need a small transistor radio discreetly plugged into the ear tuned to BBC sussex as you wander round the viewing, saying um and nodding every now and then, as there will be no need to listen on the interweb?

Just a thought like

Could be comedy gold. Imagine him being taken around a particularly boring room as Craaaig Davies scores his third goal, i'd love to see the estate agents face as he gets cuddled by a full grown man in tears.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Elm Drive. Not bad, good solid pre war houses. A few shops with a green in the middle part of the road. Fairley respectable area, with the Grenadier Pub and more shops a short distance away. You have not been charged for this information.
A pocket radio and earpiece 95.3 or 94.8 for Radio Sussex.

avoid the grenadier if possible..it's a dive :nono:. try Hangleton Manor instead

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You just haven't trained her right, have you? Surely she should know by now that Saturday 3-5 is a sacred time?

your right, she does support the Albion and been to see a few games including the great 1-0 victory at the palarse and the play offs etc ...so i should cut her some slack i guess,After all she is a yankee:lol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Could be comedy gold. Imagine him being taken around a particularly boring room as Craaaig Davies scores his third goal, i'd love to see the estate agents face as he gets cuddled by a full grown man in tears.

"And through here is the en-suite, the fixtures are original as you ca.."" YES! YES! GET IN YOU f***ing BEAUTY!!"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"And through here is the en-suite, the fixtures are original as you ca.."" YES! YES! GET IN YOU f***ing BEAUTY!!"
I fail to see the joke. If the estate agent is a proper man, then not only will he understand but he will see this as perfectly normal behaviour so close to the end of the soccerball season.

Mind you, if the estate agent is a woman, then he really is f***ed.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
There has to be worse than this.

My pregnant wife is keen to move (as am i) back to Brighton before the baby is born. We had a quick look on the internet and found a not too expensive 3 bed house that we can afford (for slightly more than our one bed flat in the smoke). I am resigned to the fact that it would be tactless to demand to go to huddersfield away, but at least i was looking forward to an afternoon in front of the comuter with seagulls world on while the wife has an afternoon power nap.So i suggested hey lets go and have a look in the early morning sat.......So here i am sat at my desk in sunny London enjoying free St Georges day bacon butties....When i receive an email from the wife informing me she has scheduled a viewing at 16.20pm sat ..........aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhh :eek:

How long does a viewing take...?
should i make up an excuse.......?
should i sabotage the car....?

There must be worse bad timing stories......

also what is Elm drive like in Hove good area or Not, any info or suggestions please.

I live in Elm Drive - it's a pretty good area, shops and schools etc close at hand. Bring some beer and you can listen to the match on my radio whilst your wife does the viewing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Take a radio with you, and say you need to test the reception throughout the house. Add in some spurious nonsense about poor quality radio waves making babies ill and you want to be 100% sure your child will be healthy in this new house, and you're sorted.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Take a radio with you, and say you need to test the reception throughout the house. Add in some spurious nonsense about poor quality radio waves making babies ill and you want to be 100% sure your child will be healthy in this new house, and you're sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here