Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh my damn wife...!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
cheers for the advise chaps.............although i notice it mainly was about how poop the pubs are...............good job i am prepared to walk......to a better one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who's paying for the house? You I expect. Ring her from the M1 about midday and tell her to reschedule.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
There has to be worse than this.

My pregnant wife is keen to move (as am i) back to Brighton before the baby is born. We had a quick look on the internet and found a not too expensive 3 bed house that we can afford (for slightly more than our one bed flat in the smoke). I am resigned to the fact that it would be tactless to demand to go to huddersfield away, but at least i was looking forward to an afternoon in front of the comuter with seagulls world on while the wife has an afternoon power nap.So i suggested hey lets go and have a look in the early morning sat.......So here i am sat at my desk in sunny London enjoying free St Georges day bacon butties....When i receive an email from the wife informing me she has scheduled a viewing at 16.20pm sat ..........aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhh :eek:

How long does a viewing take...?
should i make up an excuse.......?
should i sabotage the car....?

There must be worse bad timing stories......

also what is Elm drive like in Hove good area or Not, any info or suggestions please.

Used to live in Elm Drive, admittedly in the 80s. But I loved it. Was only a short walk to the Goldstone :(

Where do you live in London atm? A three-bed in Brighton costs more than a three-bed in my part of London :angry:

BTW: Viewings can take anything from 15 mins to half an hour - so make up an illness :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I fail to see the joke. If the estate agent is a proper man, then not only will he understand but he will see this as perfectly normal behaviour so close to the end of the soccerball season.

Mind you, if the estate agent is a woman, then he really is f***ed.

Only problem is ALL estate agents support Chelsea or Man Utd. FACT. wouldn't get one of those gobshites supporting a "small" club like the Albion..no glory in it, no thrill of the moulton brown handwash in the fans toilet suite or heated seats in the Stretford end, no pret á manger franchise in the Frank lampard atrium and no smelly commoners sitting right next to you!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Used to live in Elm Drive, admittedly in the 80s. But I loved it. Was only a short walk to the Goldstone :(

Where do you live in London atm? A three-bed in Brighton costs more than a three-bed in my part of London :angry:

BTW: Viewings can take anything from 15 mins to half an hour - so make up an illness :thumbsup:

Camden town sunshine. where do you live then hackney or dalston :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Pregnant, house hunting on the most important Saturday for some time, and American as well?

Time for a trade-in, she clearly does not understand priorities.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I fail to see the joke. If the estate agent is a proper man, then not only will he understand but he will see this as perfectly normal behaviour so close to the end of the soccerball season.

Mind you, if the estate agent is a woman, then he really is f***ed.

You are in the shite as it must be a woman.....why would a bloke be working on the Saturday of possibly our biggest game of the season!!!!!!!!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only problem is ALL estate agents support Chelsea or Man Utd. FACT. wouldn't get one of those gobshites supporting a "small" club like the Albion..no glory in it, no thrill of the moulton brown handwash in the fans toilet suite or heated seats in the Stretford end, no pret á manger franchise in the Frank lampard atrium and no smelly commoners sitting right next to you!

Virtually all the (male) estate agents I've met in Brighton and Hove are Albion supporters.......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Take a plastic bag filled with water, hidden under your jacket. If the viewing goes on any longer than ten minutes, apply a pin to aforesaid water-carrier, announce very loudly 'oh my god the waters have broken' :ohmy: and hustle yer missus out the front door. Job done! :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reschedule for Sunday , the estate agent needs the commission not you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell guys, are you men or mice?

Even as a woman, I say to you on this occasion: stand up for yourselves and say NO! Get some nuts! Sheeesh, what a bunch of JESSIES :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bloody hell guys, are you men or mice?

Even as a woman, I say to you on this occasion: stand up for yourselves and say NO! Get some nuts! Sheeesh, what a bunch of JESSIES :lolol:

So you stood up to your boss and said NO! And are now not working Saturday. Well done. :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No :( but my boss is a different proposition.

If he tells his missus that the viewing's off because he's glued to the radio, she's hardly going to divorce him is she?

If I tell my inspector, on the other hand, that he can stick his police force up his arse because I'm sodding off to Yorkshire to watch my hitherto mediocre football team, I may find myself looking for a new job come Sunday morning :lolol: We all have to pay the mortgage, don't we?

What's wrong with some women anyway, if I was married to any of you lot, rest assured I'd let you go to the football any time you liked :thumbsup: Unless I found out you supported Palace, obviously, in which case I'd be arranging family outings and dinners with the in-laws every single weekend....

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
As an Albion fan, never have sex in July/August is my lament. Simples.

Every year this happens (funny that). I missed Hereford as my 1st Daughter was born 4 days earlier, and year and year after year Birthday parties clash.

I've tried the "Royal" how about an offcial birthday in July - nothing. I tried this year with the ole "how about all your friends coming round for a trip to Huddersfield?" Nil points.

No radio allowed either, as I will be poolside for the party - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghh!

I can only console myself with the fact that there will not be 90mins of agony, just wondering what is going on, and a final result?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here