Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from Huddersfield.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Hello from the frozen North.
I thought you might like a Huddersfield Town fan’s view of Tuesday night.
Well it was just “one of those games” wasn’t. Bad from your perspective, good from ours. Just about everything you tried didn’t work, just about everything we tried did work.
Those of you who made the trek up here (aren’t the League wonderful, always choosing mid week games for the furthest away matches? Perverts!) will know that for the first 20 mins you were the better team. We scored against the run of play. In the past, if a goal has gone in against the run of play – it’s always been against us not for us! Ring any bells??
You equalized. In the past that would have triggered us sitting back and either losing or scraping a draw. Ring any bells?? This time we fought back.
We got a penalty. We don’t get penalties. We’ve had three in two games – that’s out quota for two seasons or so! Oh and it was a penalty – after the game our player said that your keeper had both his arms/hands around our player’s legs. We then played against 10 men.
In the past that has meant we’ve either drawn or lost. We just haven’t seemed able to work out how to play 10 men. Ring any bells?? This time we did what any team should do, we tore apart the 10 men opposition. Credit to your lads – I think they kept trying to the end although in fairness some Town fans think your lads gave up. Funny how we all see things differently.
We now have a Chairman who has come in and shaken everything up. He’s a Town fan of 30+ years standing who happens to have built up his business until he’s become a millionaire. He’s spent some of his hard earned money – though not as much as some of the Press say, it is a lot for this league.
Look at the management team he’s brought in:
Lee Clark – ex Newcastle and Fulham, even as a player of 19 was coaching
Terry McDermott – look at his record
Derek Fazackerly – ex England coach for goodness sakes
Steve Black – personal fitness trainer and motivator for Johnnie Wilkinson and others.
Many premier League teams would love that team.
Clark has brought in some talented and young and hungry players and has even persuaded Rafa (last season) and Sir Alex (this season) to lend us one each of their young Academy players (both Under age Internationals).
So I hope that puts your defeat into some sort of perspective. I watched Town lose 7-1 away once and it hurt. But we had less excuse than you. Your season may turn out to be a crock of s**t but just because you lost as you did on Tuesday, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will do. Just as, hopeful as we are, we don’t know how Town’s season will turn out.
I’ve never posted on another club’s board before but I do so this time because (and I’m not alone in this) I have been impressed twice in a year by the Brighton fans. Once when you stayed after the match at our place to applaud Andy Booth on his last home game before retirement, and once on Tuesday when you stayed in your seats to the bitter end to support your team. It would have been easy to leave for the journey home/pub/a seat on the coach – but you didn’t.
Respect.
Finally, it you ever want to post on our board DATM you’ll be welcome. We enjoy exchanging views with other football fans, whoever they support. You’ll have your share of Numpty posters like we do – but most of us are reasonable.
So – good luck for the rest of the season – except when we come down to visit what you laughingly call a football ground!!

Yours etc.,
cj01 (Huddsfan)

Quality post pal :bowdown:

Hope you have a great season, and finish just below us in the play-offs :clap2:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I didnt go on Tuesday but i remember last season at the galpharm ,
after the game me and my mates walk around to the home end with the huddersfield fans to applaud Andy booth , didnt get one bad look , huddersfield fans are respectful supporters , other fans from other clubs could of took an away supporter going into theyre home end the wrong way , :albion2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very nice to receive a post like this so please come again, you'll be most welcome. I would say that most of us like Huddersfield Town as they don't like Leeds for a start ! Hope you beat them twice this season. You must fancy your chances this season and why not ? Hopefully you'll go up and Leeds won't which would make me quite happy for a start.

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
Very nice to receive a post like this so please come again, you'll be most welcome. I would say that most of us like Huddersfield Town as they don't like Leeds for a start ! Hope you beat them twice this season. You must fancy your chances this season and why not ? Hopefully you'll go up and Leeds won't which would make me quite happy for a start.

To say we don't like L**ds is something of an understatement!! I think what bugs us most, and being so close we see a lot of it, is their misplaced sense of superiority. They think that when we play them it's important for us to win because it's our "cup final". Huh? No - it's cos we don't like you!! That and the derby/local rivalry bit.

Anyway, who does like L**ds I have to ask?

Oh yes. And have you seen their equivalent of this site - W.A.C.C.O.E. - We Are Champions, Champions of Europe. PUR-LEEES. Should be W.A.L.O.B. - What A Load Of B*****ks.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hello from the frozen North.
I thought you might like a Huddersfield Town fan’s view of Tuesday night.
Well it was just “one of those games” wasn’t. Bad from your perspective, good from ours. Just about everything you tried didn’t work, just about everything we tried did work.
Those of you who made the trek up here (aren’t the League wonderful, always choosing mid week games for the furthest away matches? Perverts!) will know that for the first 20 mins you were the better team. We scored against the run of play. In the past, if a goal has gone in against the run of play – it’s always been against us not for us! Ring any bells??
You equalized. In the past that would have triggered us sitting back and either losing or scraping a draw. Ring any bells?? This time we fought back.
We got a penalty. We don’t get penalties. We’ve had three in two games – that’s out quota for two seasons or so! Oh and it was a penalty – after the game our player said that your keeper had both his arms/hands around our player’s legs. We then played against 10 men.
In the past that has meant we’ve either drawn or lost. We just haven’t seemed able to work out how to play 10 men. Ring any bells?? This time we did what any team should do, we tore apart the 10 men opposition. Credit to your lads – I think they kept trying to the end although in fairness some Town fans think your lads gave up. Funny how we all see things differently.
We now have a Chairman who has come in and shaken everything up. He’s a Town fan of 30+ years standing who happens to have built up his business until he’s become a millionaire. He’s spent some of his hard earned money – though not as much as some of the Press say, it is a lot for this league.
Look at the management team he’s brought in:
Lee Clark – ex Newcastle and Fulham, even as a player of 19 was coaching
Terry McDermott – look at his record
Derek Fazackerly – ex England coach for goodness sakes
Steve Black – personal fitness trainer and motivator for Johnnie Wilkinson and others.
Many premier League teams would love that team.
Clark has brought in some talented and young and hungry players and has even persuaded Rafa (last season) and Sir Alex (this season) to lend us one each of their young Academy players (both Under age Internationals).
So I hope that puts your defeat into some sort of perspective. I watched Town lose 7-1 away once and it hurt. But we had less excuse than you. Your season may turn out to be a crock of s**t but just because you lost as you did on Tuesday, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will do. Just as, hopeful as we are, we don’t know how Town’s season will turn out.
I’ve never posted on another club’s board before but I do so this time because (and I’m not alone in this) I have been impressed twice in a year by the Brighton fans. Once when you stayed after the match at our place to applaud Andy Booth on his last home game before retirement, and once on Tuesday when you stayed in your seats to the bitter end to support your team. It would have been easy to leave for the journey home/pub/a seat on the coach – but you didn’t.
Respect.
Finally, it you ever want to post on our board DATM you’ll be welcome. We enjoy exchanging views with other football fans, whoever they support. You’ll have your share of Numpty posters like we do – but most of us are reasonable.
So – good luck for the rest of the season – except when we come down to visit what you laughingly call a football ground!!

Yours etc.,
cj01 (Huddsfan)

I am very much in the " I am a smug twat " camp. Lete be honest the guy would not be on here if we had won 2-1. He is gloating and rubbing it in with all the we have got this and we have got that and then the remark at the end at our joke of a ground, yes twat we know we have had to sit there for 10 years, no the bloke is a tosser so why are some people on here sucking his cock :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Time to go now. Is your own board too boring :bigwave:

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
I am very much in the " I am a smug twat " camp. Lete be honest the guy would not be on here if we had won 2-1. He is gloating and rubbing it in with all the we have got this and we have got that and then the remark at the end at our joke of a ground, yes twat we know we have had to sit there for 10 years, no the bloke is a tosser so why are some people on here sucking his cock :shrug:

I don't suppose I can persuade you but I'll try.

If I had had wanted to gloat and rub it in there would have been no mistaking my intentions I can assure you. You're right I wouldn't have been on here if we'd won 2 - 1 but then I wouldn't have had a huge amount of sympathy for the true Brighton fans, particularly those who struggled all the way to Huddersfield just to have to endure that defeat.

Don't forget, I know how you feel. We lost 7 - 1 away at Barnsley but I think that was even worse because:-
1. It was on Sky so every man and his dog was able to see our shame
2. There was nothing special about their team or season - so less of a reason for the result.

I've talked about the management/team/ground/chairman etc to try and explain how the result came about. It was a lot of good things coming together at the same time for us, which hopefully goes some way towards explaining it to you, even if it may not be an excuse.

It seems from some of the responses to my post that you hope to be at the beginning of the same journey. Well good luck to you - it's just that we've had to endure what you have, we just happen to be further down that road that's all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
- it's just that we've had to endure what you have, we just happen to be further down that road that's all.

I don't think so. I don't care about Huddersfield. I don't care if you go up or go down. You are irrelevance to me. Ok you battered us 7-1. Well done. The sympathy vote from you is not required. I would not for a moment think of posting on an opposition fans site if BHAFC had beaten them 7-1. Its very smug.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I don't suppose I can persuade you but I'll try.
Honestly, don't worry too much about him. And US, why not stop acting such a tit towards a transparently good bloke.

Hudds are obviously a decent and friendly club - I had a great time up there last season. I'm not that gutted that I had to turn down the offer of tickets in the directors box from a very good Hudds-supporting mate of mine this time around tbh...best of luck fella.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It seems from some of the responses to my post that you hope to be at the beginning of the same journey. Well good luck to you - it's just that we've had to endure what you have, we just happen to be further down that road that's all.

But we are still in the same league, so its a bit f***ing patronising if you ask me, its not like your in the premiership or even the championship, just seems massivley smug. :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Patronising is spot on. Sympathy from a Huddersfield fan is taking the piss. If a " decent " Palace fan came on here after CPFC had beaten us 7-1 would you feel the same way Colin ?.

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
Time to go now. Is your own board too boring :bigwave:

Not at all. I'm logged on there as well where the sensible Town fans are enjoying a very interesting and polite conversation with some Bristol Rovers fans about the likely outcome of our game at theirs on Saturday. Discussing who may score and who's on form etc.

You should try it some time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alan Wares

The man of diplomacy, common sence and understanding.

I think I prefered the old Alan.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alan since your flounce you have come back as Alan " mark 2 " a new impoved Alan who does not bite, get wound up, tell people to f*** off or post opinionated stuff and get the huff when people disagree. The new Alan likes to keep the peace at all times agreeing with everyone incase he causes offence to anyone even sucking up to rival fans whose team has stuffed ours out of site.

You have " sold out " Man.

Bring back the old Alan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here