Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from Huddersfield.

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
Hello from the frozen North.
I thought you might like a Huddersfield Town fan’s view of Tuesday night.
Well it was just “one of those games” wasn’t. Bad from your perspective, good from ours. Just about everything you tried didn’t work, just about everything we tried did work.
Those of you who made the trek up here (aren’t the League wonderful, always choosing mid week games for the furthest away matches? Perverts!) will know that for the first 20 mins you were the better team. We scored against the run of play. In the past, if a goal has gone in against the run of play – it’s always been against us not for us! Ring any bells??
You equalized. In the past that would have triggered us sitting back and either losing or scraping a draw. Ring any bells?? This time we fought back.
We got a penalty. We don’t get penalties. We’ve had three in two games – that’s out quota for two seasons or so! Oh and it was a penalty – after the game our player said that your keeper had both his arms/hands around our player’s legs. We then played against 10 men.
In the past that has meant we’ve either drawn or lost. We just haven’t seemed able to work out how to play 10 men. Ring any bells?? This time we did what any team should do, we tore apart the 10 men opposition. Credit to your lads – I think they kept trying to the end although in fairness some Town fans think your lads gave up. Funny how we all see things differently.
We now have a Chairman who has come in and shaken everything up. He’s a Town fan of 30+ years standing who happens to have built up his business until he’s become a millionaire. He’s spent some of his hard earned money – though not as much as some of the Press say, it is a lot for this league.
Look at the management team he’s brought in:
Lee Clark – ex Newcastle and Fulham, even as a player of 19 was coaching
Terry McDermott – look at his record
Derek Fazackerly – ex England coach for goodness sakes
Steve Black – personal fitness trainer and motivator for Johnnie Wilkinson and others.
Many premier League teams would love that team.
Clark has brought in some talented and young and hungry players and has even persuaded Rafa (last season) and Sir Alex (this season) to lend us one each of their young Academy players (both Under age Internationals).
So I hope that puts your defeat into some sort of perspective. I watched Town lose 7-1 away once and it hurt. But we had less excuse than you. Your season may turn out to be a crock of s**t but just because you lost as you did on Tuesday, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will do. Just as, hopeful as we are, we don’t know how Town’s season will turn out.
I’ve never posted on another club’s board before but I do so this time because (and I’m not alone in this) I have been impressed twice in a year by the Brighton fans. Once when you stayed after the match at our place to applaud Andy Booth on his last home game before retirement, and once on Tuesday when you stayed in your seats to the bitter end to support your team. It would have been easy to leave for the journey home/pub/a seat on the coach – but you didn’t.
Respect.
Finally, it you ever want to post on our board DATM you’ll be welcome. We enjoy exchanging views with other football fans, whoever they support. You’ll have your share of Numpty posters like we do – but most of us are reasonable.
So – good luck for the rest of the season – except when we come down to visit what you laughingly call a football ground!!

Yours etc.,
cj01 (Huddsfan)

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
Why? You getting a new Manager/Team (delete as applicable).

Just a bit of banter - sorry - couldn't resist!!!!!

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
No best of luck to Huddersfield this season mate, they seem like a good side who might be in the championship next season, I know I may sound like a glory hunter but I have always like Huddersfield a bit :)

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
I always look for the Brighton result because I met some lads on holiday about 3 or 4 years in a row and they were Brighton fans. Was going to text one about the result but believe he may be travelling the world and didn't want to cause him grief so far from home!!!

Thanks for the good wishes. Our new Chairman, Manager etc have set their stall out to get us into the Championship this season. We're all very excited but it's early days yet and just trying to keep our feet on the ground.

And Barnsley on Sky is the 7-1 burned into my memory. I remember sitting at home watching it and being unable to believe my eyes. Why do we support football teams??? Must be mad.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good post, mr Hudds fan. I like the way you lot have gone about the process of building the club up and getting yourselves into a position in order to get yourselves promoted. You've spent some money, sure. But you've bought through Alex Smithies, and you've developed players like Gary Roberts, Robbie Simpson and Michael Collins into top league 1 talent, and with certain additions like Anthony Kay, Peter Clarke and Theo Robinson, you've now got a squad with every aspect you need for a promotion push. You're a very good model to the rest of the league in how to patiently build up to being able to take apart a decent side. We're a year atleast behind you in terms of our development, but believe me mate, we'll give you a game at the Withdean later in the season. :thumbsup:

I'm already looking forward to playing your lot, it should be a good game. All the best until then mate.

Huddsfan

Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for that.

Yeah it has taken time though. The Stadium was quite ground breaking when it was built (excuse the pun) and that has helped attract players and fans alike. We've had a very good Academy as well and that has taken time and hard work to build up.

The new management team have put someone in post particularly to smooth the transition from Academy to reserves to first team and that will take time to bear fruit. The new manager is very keen to extend our scouting system locally/nationally and internationally - again a long term project.

Patience isn't a word often associated with football fans, but we've had to show it in the past, will have to in the future and so will your fans.

That's why Tuesday's result was just a blip on the long and winding road that leads to euphoria/dejection/hysterical laughter/bitter tears/comradeship and all the other strange things we experience!

Funny old game innit?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Good post, mr Hudds fan. I like the way you lot have gone about the process of building the club up and getting yourselves into a position in order to get yourselves promoted. You've spent some money, sure. But you've bought through Alex Smithies, and you've developed players like Gary Roberts, Robbie Simpson and Michael Collins into top league 1 talent, and with certain additions like Anthony Kay, Peter Clarke and Theo Robinson, you've now got a squad with every aspect you need for a promotion push. You're a very good model to the rest of the league in how to patiently build up to being able to take apart a decent side. We're a year atleast behind you in terms of our development, but believe me mate, we'll give you a game at the Withdean later in the season. :thumbsup:

I'm already looking forward to playing your lot, it should be a good game. All the best until then mate.

How have they developed Robbie Simpson?!

He signed a few weeks ago!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks for that.

Yeah it has taken time though. The Stadium was quite ground breaking when it was built (excuse the pun) and that has helped attract players and fans alike. We've had a very good Academy as well and that has taken time and hard work to build up.

The new management team have put someone in post particularly to smooth the transition from Academy to reserves to first team and that will take time to bear fruit. The new manager is very keen to extend our scouting system locally/nationally and internationally - again a long term project.

Patience isn't a word often associated with football fans, but we've had to show it in the past, will have to in the future and so will your fans.

That's why Tuesday's result was just a blip on the long and winding road that leads to euphoria/dejection/hysterical laughter/bitter tears/comradeship and all the other strange things we experience!

Funny old game innit?

Yep, it all takes time and I wish our fans would appreciate that if I'm honest. Everyone wants the success straight away, but it's not just always possible for it to work out that way. It's funny, everything you've said there relates to the Albion aswell! We're actively seeking to improve the scouting network, and the youth structure is being over hauled gradually aswell. One step at a time, we'll get there!

It is indeed a funny old game, and I'm not concerned by our slow start in the slightest. We have the right manager, we have a stadium being built, we have a new team on the pitch gradually being put together and we're improving as a club. Unfortunately, we've played against 2 brilliant teams in the first 4 games and been given a good hiding by both, which really disguises the good work being done by Russell Slade. But that's short term, our success will be more evident over the next few months. :thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
im not going to lie mate, but f*** off, lets be honest, your still trying to rub it in, you dont give a f*** about the albion, look at your post... look at us we have this we have that. if people accept this piece of shit then fine, but imo, your here to gloat! and yes i could of put it in better words, but i think its a load of bollocks. good evening and good night.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hello from the frozen North.
I thought you might like a Huddersfield Town fan’s view of Tuesday night.
Well it was just “one of those games” wasn’t. Bad from your perspective, good from ours. Just about everything you tried didn’t work, just about everything we tried did work.
Those of you who made the trek up here (aren’t the League wonderful, always choosing mid week games for the furthest away matches? Perverts!) will know that for the first 20 mins you were the better team. We scored against the run of play. In the past, if a goal has gone in against the run of play – it’s always been against us not for us! Ring any bells??
You equalized. In the past that would have triggered us sitting back and either losing or scraping a draw. Ring any bells?? This time we fought back.
We got a penalty. We don’t get penalties. We’ve had three in two games – that’s out quota for two seasons or so! Oh and it was a penalty – after the game our player said that your keeper had both his arms/hands around our player’s legs. We then played against 10 men.
In the past that has meant we’ve either drawn or lost. We just haven’t seemed able to work out how to play 10 men. Ring any bells?? This time we did what any team should do, we tore apart the 10 men opposition. Credit to your lads – I think they kept trying to the end although in fairness some Town fans think your lads gave up. Funny how we all see things differently.
We now have a Chairman who has come in and shaken everything up. He’s a Town fan of 30+ years standing who happens to have built up his business until he’s become a millionaire. He’s spent some of his hard earned money – though not as much as some of the Press say, it is a lot for this league.
Steve Black – personal fitness trainer and motivator for Johnnie Wilkinson and others.
Clark has brought in some talented and young and hungry players and has even persuaded Rafa (last season) and Sir Alex (this season) to lend us one each of their young Academy players (both Under age Internationals).
So I hope that puts your defeat into some sort of perspective. I watched Town lose 7-1 away once and it hurt. But we had less excuse than you. Your season may turn out to be a crock of s**t but just because you lost as you did on Tuesday, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will do. Just as, hopeful as we are, we don’t know how Town’s season will turn out.
I’ve never posted on another club’s board before but I do so this time because (and I’m not alone in this) I have been impressed twice in a year by the Brighton fans. Once when you stayed after the match at our place to applaud Andy Booth on his last home game before retirement, and once on Tuesday when you stayed in your seats to the bitter end to support your team. It would have been easy to leave for the journey home/pub/a seat on the coach – but you didn’t.
Respect.
Finally, it you ever want to post on our board DATM you’ll be welcome. We enjoy exchanging views with other football fans, whoever they support. You’ll have your share of Numpty posters like we do – but most of us are reasonable.
So – good luck for the rest of the season – except when we come down to visit what you laughingly call a football ground!!

Yours etc.,
cj01 (Huddsfan)

That sir, is a great post and thank you. We will become a good team soon and I for one believe under Mr Slade. It takes time but a well run club like ours is now, will flourish. Good luck for the season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yep, it all takes time and I wish our fans would appreciate that if I'm honest. Everyone wants the success straight away, but it's not just always possible for it to work out that way. It's funny, everything you've said there relates to the Albion aswell! We're actively seeking to improve the scouting network, and the youth structure is being over hauled gradually aswell. One step at a time, we'll get there!

It is indeed a funny old game, and I'm not concerned by our slow start in the slightest. We have the right manager, we have a stadium being built, we have a new team on the pitch gradually being put together and we're improving as a club. Unfortunately, we've played against 2 brilliant teams in the first 4 games and been given a good hiding by both, which really disguises the good work being done by Russell Slade. But that's short term, our success will be more evident over the next few months. :thumbsup:

its so refreshing to know that not all posters on here are doom and gloom merchants, keep the faith and come may it will be repaid i am sure.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
im not going to lie mate, but f*** off, lets be honest, your still trying to rub it in, you dont give a f*** about the albion, look at your post... look at us we have this we have that. if people accept this piece of shit then fine, but imo, your here to gloat! and yes i could of put it in better words, but i think its a load of bollocks. good evening and good night.

I'm with you :censored:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Get a room!

Always had time for HTFC fans.
I was in the away end at our fixture last season and they were a good lot.
Not to mention the funniest website on the 'net.

I won't begrudge them doing well, but hope it's not against us ...and certainly not ever again like the other night.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

And that is why we are floundering in this league

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

THIS is what we need and I bet Salde wants. Thats what I call a "backroom staff".

INSTEAD we have White and Booker FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here