Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Victory for Tactics?

I reckon McGhee got it spot on. We frustrated Leicester, chased lost balls, hussled & bussled and held our line very well. At last the players are doing what their manager says.

I, for one, would like to salute Mr McGhee for a stroke of tactical genius:clap:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
timco said:
and had Leicester not been shit these tactics would have unravelled spectaculy

Miserable tosser - you can ony beat what is put in front of you.

And did they actually make Kuipers make a save of note? Great tactics.

But, humour me - what tactics would you have employed against Leicester today?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Marvin is happy again :jester:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Although I have a lot of time for Micky, I never reckoned him much as a tactician.

Last Tues evening, after the Bristol Rovers defeat, McGhee had the entire squad watching the match video until 1am to work out what went wrong and how they could change it.

After a poor performance Adams had everyone running round Falmer duckpond all the next morning.

I know which manager I'd rather have.

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
we forced them to play like that. we frustrated them you miserable fool!!!

Did we bollox
15 shots only 3 on target is what did for them, more they wern't good enough than we beat them with tactics.
Mcghee is getting the luck that Hincn did not.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
timco said:
Did we bollox
15 shots only 3 on target is what did for them, more they wern't good enough than we beat them with tactics.
thats because all there shots were from miles out!!!!!!!!!! did you WATCH the game at all????

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
timco said:
Did we bollox

We've just beaten Leicester away! What more do you want FFS?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
thats because all there shots were from miles out!!!!!!!!!! did you WATCH the game at all????

Yes I did but not through rose tinted glasses.

We were rubbish and they were slightly worse, it was not a good game.

I'm not miserable, in fact I'm quite happy having put money on us winning the game, but come on get a dose of realism here if those were the best tactics McGhee can come up with then we are doomed.

The goal was the only bright spot in the game well taken by a defender, a defender!

Leon Knight is a lazy prat he spent more time offside than on, when he was not lying down, and all because he could not be arsed to stay onside.

Our defence looks very shaky, why? they have been the best part of our team for 5 or 6 years. Our strike force looks a bit toothless who have we got to come in and change that?

McGhee's tactics? go defend and hope for a draw, good tactics, he was lucky. As he was against Swindon and BC last season, but he has always been rated as a lucky manager.

15 shots on goal (not all long range and a couple of good saves from Kuipers) for Leicester and 1 for us and it was on target tells you all you really need to know.

Luckily that 1 shot on goal was the only statistic too count.

Now a question for you had we lost that game would you still be saying the same things? I know I would we have to improve and I don't think (and I said this last year too) we have the manager to do it consistently.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Everyones entitled to their own opinion, however, I disagree with yours.:drink:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
timco said:

What, like having half a team out injured, being denyed a blatant penalty at Reading, having a wrong one given against us v Plymouth, and having a man wrongly sent off? Such luck! There´s little lucky about defending well and taking your chances

Timco, I can't fault your courage in putting forward these views, but they come very close to a spoof of NSC's whingers. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You are right though, you speak for a lot of people on NSC who suddenly go very quiet when we win :lol: :clap2:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Repugnant Toad said:
What, like having half a team out injured, being denyed a blatant penalty at Reading, having a wrong one given against us v Plymouth, and having a man wrongly sent off? Such luck! There´s little lucky about defending well and taking your chances

And how many players did Hinch have out? How long was Zamora out?

How many "played well but lost" games did we have?

The results were the unlucky part of Hinch, McGhee has had the luck that the last 2 results (one by a very poor own goal) have gone for him.

I am sorry if I am not hypocritical enough for some of you I did not think McGhee was the manager for us and I still don't. Nothing i have seen in the 2 games I have seen (Cardiff final and today) have changed that view.

I am pleased we beat Leicester, I am pleased when we beat any team but the vitriol you lot reserve for anyone with enough balls to say, in honest opinion, the emporer has no clothes is breath taking.

And for the record the goal scored by Virgo was astounding a well taken goal looks like he has been doing it all his life.

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
Leicester probably have 4 of the best strikers in the league playing for them and our defence reduced them all to shooting from 30 yards. I personally thought we were brilliant today, ok we only had 1 shot and defended very deep, but that's what was needed today. Man for man, leicester are a far superior side and McGhee knew that, but we dug in and defended with desire and passion to take the 3 points, it's commitment like this that will keep us up.
We should all be delighted with this result.:clap2: :clap:

Timco, don't worry, the next time we lose you'll have a lot of friends again :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here