Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Don't pull out in front of me - you don't drive as fast as I do

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are only two kinds of drivers. The idiots that drive slower than me, and the maniacs that drive faster.:angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I take it you've just had a "near miss" Bluejuice

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Not as such. I just hate it when I'm on my way to work and some cockmunch turns onto the road ahead of me despite the fact that I'm clearly going way faster than he's prepared to, meaning I have to slam on the brakes and wait for a point to overtake. why couldn't he just wait?

The problem is I don't allow for other drivers in my timekeeping so I know that I can make it to work in about 18 minutes without any traffic, meaning I leave 18 minutes before I'm due in. And if some bell-end gets in the way, I end up being late.

Yes I could get up earlier, but I don't want to.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I was not aware you paid more in road tax them everyone else, thus giving you more rights on the road and a personal speed limit.

On the subject of speeding. Sussex police had mobile speed camera vans on the A27 in the late evening last week THREE days in a row. The timing would suggest they're doing this as part of their anti drink driving blitz that always occurs pre Christmas. Be warned! Oh the location. Between Lancing Manor and....erm...New Monks farm known by some as Pende!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bluejuice said:
Not as such. I just hate it when I'm on my way to work and some cockmunch turns onto the road ahead of me despite the fact that I'm clearly going way faster than he's prepared to, meaning I have to slam on the brakes and wait for a point to overtake. why couldn't he just wait?

The problem is I don't allow for other drivers in my timekeeping so I know that I can make it to work in about 18 minutes without any traffic, meaning I leave 18 minutes before I'm due in. And if some bell-end gets in the way, I end up being late.

Yes I could get up earlier, but I don't want to.

I leave in plenty of time, drive nice and SLOWLY and arrive at my destination stress free. It's great. If someone drives close behind me to intimidate me into speeding up I just ease of the accelerator a little bit. Sometimes I arrive in a better mood than when I left.

I'm with bluejuice on this one. All other drivers are fools. The amount of times yesterday night when I was driving home that fullbeams were in my face was amazing. I find that a quick flash back and then when they finally turn their's off I then turn mine back on along with the fog lamps usually gets the message through.

My pet hate though, other than all other drivers, are those twats who drive at 42mph, whenever out in the open or going through villages. Scum. Blood sucking scum. Personally I like to go top speed out in the open and then 38mph through villages. But then I'm just a moral guardian to the nations drivers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's them damn car drivers that are the worst!:angry:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Tommy Cook reporting said:
You don't drive a Metro or Rover do you Rangdo?:lolol:

No, although I find them quite funny. They don't bother me but you can see the other drivers 2 inches from their bumper and jamming their brakes on every few seconds getting more and more irate. Whats the point? It's a car journey. There's more important things to worry about.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am fed up with people who believe that the speed limit on dual carriageways is 60. They actually brake when approaching Falmer because of the road markins under the bridge thinking that they are going over the limit at 61.

It is 70 on dual carriageways !!

I agree with TCR about drivers doing 40 wherever they go. I don't mind people driving slowly through the countryside if they are unsure of the roads but the speed limit in a built up area is 30. :shootself

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm out visiting customers all day, every day and sometimes have a fairly tight schedule to stick to and I can guarantee that if I'm running a little late I will encounter:

The pensioners out in their Daewoo Matiz thinking that the whole world moves at their pace. NO-I'm trying to earn a living and can't afford to move around the country at 10mph.

or

5 million mothers on the school run picking up the likes of Kev the Ape-let the little bastards walk or take the bus. You do not need a frigging Hummer to collect a 7 year old FFS.

Other than that-I love driving:jester:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bwian said:
5 million mothers on the school run picking up the likes of Kev the Ape-let the little bastards walk or take the bus. You do not need a frigging Hummer to collect a 7 year old FFS.

The worst of the worst - particularly when they feel a need to stop in the middle of a parked-up road - but it's okay, even though the whole road is blocked, they've got their hazards on!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Following up Yorkie's post, I freaked out one of those people who can't cope with speed limits near cameras when driving down Ditchling Road on Friday.

As we came into the 40 limit by the golf course, they slowed down to 30. When we reached the 30 limit, it was down to 20, then they put the brakes on as we passed the camera, so I flashed them. I think they thought the camera had got them, as they virtually stopped! :nono:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
My pet hate has to be these bloody great 4x4's whats the point in them really, they must guzzle fuel ad the only people i ever see driving them are mothers parking up in the local shopping centre car park..... or should i say "trying to park " :)

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Have to add that my pet hate on the road has to be the "middle lane hoggers". As 90% of my car driving is on the motorway (usually M4,M25 and M23) this really bugs me. It was made even worse yesterday with all the "I only go on a motorway three times a year" idiots.

Do they not use their mirrors and realise what a problem they are causing behind them? Got so peed off with it yesterday, after flashing a couple of idiots, gave up and went in the inside lane along with everyone else!!!

Rant over! Back to mild mannered Bristolian again :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There is another driver who really gets me mad and that is the one who stops in the main road to let other drivers out of side roads.
They are causing a blockage behind them (usually right back and beyond traffic lights)
If the cars on a main road keep going there are natural breaks in the traffic flow for side road drivers to emerge.

I drive down Neville Rd, Sackville Rd and Portland Rd regularly and I have to hit my brakes regularly because of some 'considerate' driver who doesn't realise there is half a mile of traffic crawling behind them and getting further and further back in the queue.

Rant over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here