Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A tip for other drivers

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
brisgull said:
Have to add that my pet hate on the road has to be the "middle lane hoggers". As 90% of my car driving is on the motorway (usually M4,M25 and M23) this really bugs me. It was made even worse yesterday with all the "I only go on a motorway three times a year" idiots.

Do they not use their mirrors and realise what a problem they are causing behind them? Got so peed off with it yesterday, after flashing a couple of idiots, gave up and went in the inside lane along with everyone else!!!

Rant over! Back to mild mannered Bristolian again :D

Oh so true - nothing like a little Micra trundling along in the middle lane doing 60 and never moving but to get on and off, forcing everyone else to either move into the outside lane or undertake.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are too many members of the middle lane owners club. Don't they know that lorries aren't allowed in the outside lane?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
There are too many members of the middle lane owners club. Don't they know that lorries aren't allowed in the outside lane?

Not allowed doug but I have seen them go there to get around these inconsiderate prats.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Basically driving would be great if it wasn't for all those drivers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:

There is another reason for staying out of the inside lane of the motorway. The quality of the road is dreadful, presumably from the number of trucks that have used it. If you have any sort of performance car you end up tramlining all over the road on the inside lane. Middle lane drivers are generally travelling at over 60, isn't that the speed limit for lorries anyway?

I don't advocate middle lane driving but how hard is it to pull into the outside lane to overtake? Undertaking, on the M25 at least, seems to be becoming the norm anyway.

I don't have much sympathy for lorry drivers, especially on two lane motorways, they take 5 mins to overtake, causing a massive tailback and then end up going 1 mile an hour faster than the truck they have just overtaken. They also bully their way out into the next lane 90% of the time. Guess I'd feel differently if I drove one though :)

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They aren't half as annoying as the Chelsea tractor's though. Those 4x4 drivers drive me nuts with their constantly inconsiderate driving. It's as if they all feel their slightly raised height above the road gives them an absolute right to do as they please, whilst dropping junior off at school.

Question: Have you ever seen a Rav4 with mud spatterings around the wheel arches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here