Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A threadful of ONE HIT WONDERS

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Geordie, in 1973, featuring a young Brian Johnson singing lead vocals before he joined AC/DC.

[YT]f9cvS_9iZ5M[/YT]

Chris Spedding

[yt]7Juz4W9yEYA[/yt]

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Geordie, in 1973, featuring a young Brian Johnson singing lead vocals before he joined AC/DC.

[YT]f9cvS_9iZ5M[/YT]

Chris Spedding

[yt]7Juz4W9yEYA[/yt]

Bloody Nora - I remember them (Geordie) doing that awful song on TOTP! Never did work out where they came from, mind.

Btw, that raunchy, leather-lovin' Chris was the producer on the first Pistols' demo & has played with heaps of artists including Elton John, Roxy Music, Brian Eno & the mighty Wombles! I think he gave up with the motorbikin' lark when he got nicked for spedding... :smile:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Bloody Nora - I remember them (Geordie) doing that awful song on TOTP! Never did work out where they came from, mind.

Btw, that raunchy, leather-lovin' Chris was the producer on the first Pistols' demo & has played with heaps of artists including Elton John, Roxy Music, Brian Eno & the mighty Wombles! I think he gave up with the motorbikin' lark when he got nicked for spedding... :smile:

I saw Chris Spedding back in the mid 70's at the Dome playing with The Sharks when they supported Roxy Music..................God I feel old!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[yt]bwTxw9DEjzU&feature=related[/yt] [yt]7iD_qZ3hTDo&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]EJJyc7q3TgA&feature=related[/yt] [yt]sTJ7AzBIJoI[/yt]

[yt]bjla29Y1I5g[/yt] [yt]Kv6Ewqx3PMs[/yt]

[yt]JiN7c0fqNF8[/yt] [yt]-0WNbm1jz6A[/yt]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Being an old bugger I cannot be arsed to learn how you upload these things but SURELY Hawkwinds Silver Machine must be one of the most unlikely One Hit Wonders - can someone oblige me please?

Underground Acid Rock Anti-Establishment Free Festival Stalwats with ever changing lineup make hit single shock horror - this song, Starman by Bowie and Schools Out by Alice Cooper changed my musical taste forever back in 1972.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Being an old bugger I cannot be arsed to learn how you upload these things but SURELY Hawkwinds Silver Machine must be one of the most unlikely One Hit Wonders - can someone oblige me please?

Underground Acid Rock Anti-Establishment Free Festival Stalwats with ever changing lineup make hit single shock horror - this song, Starman by Bowie and Schools Out by Alice Cooper changed my musical taste forever back in 1972.....

[yt]dzJfInW9Kx4[/yt]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

My thanks to you and Anker 79 - still remember my first encounter with the mighty Hawks in 1977 when the late good old (mad old) Bob Calvert was doing vocals/poetry for them...

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Not sure if this was a one hit wonder but it's still class... check out our very own Norm too!

[yt]7_TMUJIWwyI[/yt]

broadwaterseagull

Mar 20, 2010
worthing
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8SwY9DgbLw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8SwY9DgbLw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here