Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of TV talent show winners & losers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm trying to work out exactly how many reality TV singers we've had foisted upon us in recent years, including those who've thankfully faded back into the obscurity from whence they came.

Please assist with names/photos of the assorted winners and losers that have somehow infiltrated the airwaves with their appalling songs (and Girls Aloud).

Starter for ten: Hearsay (from the original, Popstars, I believe)

hearsay-album.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spose Hearsay are winners and losers.

After all the three birds have done ok. Cant say much for the blokes tho.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hmmm - I had you down for something a little more high-brow than that Edna. Personally I would say the losers were anyone who watched the rubbish this is so-called "Talent" - but, hey - maybe that's just me, I'm probably in the minority.

(presumalby the real winners are the people who get you to watch this stuff)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Losers. Although I think the bloke on the left is in this year's X Factor.

41JTV6W394L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I bet everyone forgot about this man...

Attachments

• steve-brookstien.jpg
    steve-brookstien.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 107

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm - I had you down for something a little more high-brow than that Edna. Personally I would say the losers were anyone who watched the rubbish this is so-called "Talent" - but, hey - maybe that's just me, I'm probably in the minority.

(presumalby the real winners are the people who get you to watch this stuff)

You know what, I'd never actually seen the X Factor until this series, when someone had it on in the kitchen at work, and I could start to see how easy it is to get drawn in. Though I can't see that I'd have any interest beyond the audition bit.

It was merely an observation on my part, to the effect that there have been so many of these shows now, where the "stars" have had momentary success and then disappeared, and yet still people queue up to take part, thinking all their dreams will come true. When, unless you have a rare combination of looks and ability (or in the case of Susan Boyle, hitherto unseen qualities of weirdness and ability), you have no chance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loser

No, I have no idea.

1000025153.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't even know they ever made a record, but as they seem to be fixtures on CBBC, I guess they are WINNERS in the end

sam-&-mark-with-a-little-help-from-my-friends-1.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:ohmy:

michelle_before-after.jpg
00070DA4-DC34-13A7-ACEB0C01AC1BF814.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we actually see up that Cole birds skirt in that pic?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You know what, I'd never actually seen the X Factor until this series, when someone had it on in the kitchen at work, and I could start to see how easy it is to get drawn in. Though I can't see that I'd have any interest beyond the audition bit.

It was merely an observation on my part, to the effect that there have been so many of these shows now, where the "stars" have had momentary success and then disappeared, and yet still people queue up to take part, thinking all their dreams will come true. When, unless you have a rare combination of looks and ability (or in the case of Susan Boyle, hitherto unseen qualities of weirdness and ability), you have no chance.

I guess you'd always have people willing to get on these things, because we now have "celebrity" as a career objective for many - I think this is something new over my lifetime, or maybe its always been there, just not with the potential rewards of today.

If I use the term "celebrity" it is always disparagingly, as in "someone on TV who has no ACTUAL talent". If they had talent, I guess I would call them a singer or actor or whatever.

I guess I am a bit of a hypocrite though, as I have never watched any of these shows (or soaps) - so people could quite rightly ask how I know they are so bad - I suspect I'm right though !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess you'd always have people willing to get on these things, because we now have "celebrity" as a career objective for many - I think this is something new over my lifetime, or maybe its always been there, just not with the potential rewards of today.

If I use the term "celebrity" it is always disparagingly, as in "someone on TV who has no ACTUAL talent". If they had talent, I guess I would call them a singer or actor or whatever.

I guess I am a bit of a hypocrite though, as I have never watched any of these shows (or soaps) - so people could quite rightly ask how I know they are so bad - I suspect I'm right though !

Agree with pretty much all of that. Most of these kids (because they mainly are kids) just want to be famous. I doubt they consider that the fame they crave is the same fame that will have tabloid newspapers queuing up to bitch about them the second one of their singles fails to hit number 1, or when they appear in public with a spot on their chin, or commit the sin of wearing a bikini whilst normally sized.

Can't be easy for a 19 year old to go back to a normal job having had that taste of the high life, and being approached by random members of the public in Tesco saying "hey, aren't you that loser twat from X Factor?".

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Loser

No, I have no idea.

1000025153.jpg

[yt]xOGFVz8SEtU[/yt]

is it wrong that I think this is a tune?

Loser
[yt]jnUFtDHwSPU[/yt]

(note talking "post" CBB , "Over the counter culture " was a fantastic album)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But anyway. Back to the losers:

amz-sgl-DD-colourblind.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here