Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of TV talent show winners & losers

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Agree with pretty much all of that. Most of these kids (because they mainly are kids) just want to be famous. I doubt they consider that the fame they crave is the same fame that will have tabloid newspapers queuing up to bitch about them the second one of their singles fails to hit number 1, or when they appear in public with a spot on their chin, or commit the sin of wearing a bikini whilst normally sized.

Can't be easy for a 19 year old to go back to a normal job having had that taste of the high life, and being approached by random members of the public in Tesco saying "hey, aren't you that loser twat from X Factor?".

*puts old mans hat on* The youth of today, huh ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*puts old mans hat on* The youth of today, huh ?

Not like the old days eh? None of this talent show crap about...oh, except Opportunity Knocks, and New Faces...and...

I should add that the only one of the above I vaguely remember is Opportunity Knocks when it was hosted by Bob Monkhouse in the Eighties (?).

While it was unquestionably shit, I am at least pretty sure that, unlike modern day equivalents, none of the contestants poured out a dying-relative-sob-story in the last seconds before they launched into their hilarious impressions of Mavis from Coronation Street, or rendition of My Way.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Winner and my IDEAL woman. Myleene if your out there, I LOVE YOU!

myleene-klass-iacgmooh.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loser/Winner

GarethGatesALBUMPIC2.jpg
will_young_01.jpeg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not like the old days eh? None of this talent show crap about...oh, except Opportunity Knocks, and New Faces...and...

I should add that the only one of the above I vaguely remember is Opportunity Knocks when it was hosted by Bob Monkhouse in the Eighties (?).

While it was unquestionably shit, I am at least pretty sure that, unlike modern day equivalents, none of the contestants poured out a dying-relative-sob-story in the last seconds before they launched into their hilarious impressions of Mavis from Coronation Street, or rendition of My Way.

Look up Bobby Crush from Op-Knocks (I think) from the 70s (I guess). A piano player, frilly shirt and everything. I am just about old enough to remember that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here